You guys understand we are still a year away right? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

No idea who that is, but statistically speaking, most humans are often wrong.

What's the line?

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

In any case, picking and choosing some stats, while ignoring others, is not a sound basis for making conclusions. That isn't rhetoric. It's common sense.
There is no such thing as an argument that includes all stats. I'm still trying to figure out your stance because it doesn't make sense at all. How on earth do you assemble a position on an argument including every single stat?

tenor.gif

There is no such thing as an argument that includes all stats. I'm still trying to figure out your stance because it doesn't make sense at all. How on earth do you assemble a position on an argument including every single stat?
How do you assemble a rational position if you don't?

Like I said before, stats have to be properly weighted, and taken in context.

Obviously, you can find a lot of stats that have so little value that they are obscure minutiae, and can be ignored.

Did you not understand the example?

Is Tua a good QB? If you look at TD/INT ratio, and QB rating you have to say yes.

If you look at yds per game, or 3rd down conversion, you might say "MEH".

Context my brother, context.

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.
EHHH...The Raiders beat Kanas City.

I believe in this defense, special teams, if the offense doesn't turn the ball over in any game they will win!

Probable playoffs
plausable playoff win
possible AFC championship game
Super Bowl. No ****ing way
Basically, IMHO we are a year ahead of schedule in that where we are now is where I expected us to be next year, so that’s seems like a good thing. Super Bowl is a long shot, but possible. next year, we can add some weapons on the O at WR & RB, and then I think we will be a legit Super Bowl contender. However, I think the point isn’t necessarily the Super Bowl this year, the point is that after 20 years, we seem to actually truly have assembled a winning organization from the FO, down to the coaching staff, with a foundation of of young talent on all sides of the ball with plenty of ammo next off season to keep adding to it. Tua seems like a legit franchise QB who could grow into the most accurate in the league. In short, after 20 years, I think we are in for sustained winning over a long period of time and we should all have higher expectations for our team. Feels good!

True.

Thought the thread might of headed in the direction of how Grier and Flo would add certain pieces in the off season taking the team to another level.

I was wrong, I admit it.
Thread has generated 10 pages of comments on a boring friday so I’d say it was one of those that was provocative enough to get people to come out of the woodwork and opine on either why the OP was wrong or right, or in my case to point out that what matters is we have a future of sustained winning and higher expectations and we should all be happy about that regardless of whether we win the super bowl this year or next. LOL

Care to back that up statistically?

I'm a big fan of defensive football, but I don't think that's as valid now, as it was in past eras.

There have been many discussions here on that very topic. As one who used to say the same thing, it has been proven to my satisfaction that there isn't data to support the statement.

Yes, you can pick and choose examples (such as the Ray Lewis Ravens), but it just isn't true, overall.

Still sounds good, though.
Especially since they added rules to favor the passing offense such as illegal contact pst 5 yards and the over protection of QB’s.

The 2011 NY Giants won the SB with a defense ranked 25th and a run game ranked 32nd. They got hot at the right time and sometimes getting hot at the right time is better than dominating the regular season for another example see Joe Flacco 2012.

If the DL or Tua or the run game get hot at the right time that may be the spark we need to make a run to world domination.

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.
I don’t need to read a single response to know they don’t

Basically, IMHO we are a year ahead of schedule in that where we are now is where I expected us to be next year, so that’s seems like a good thing. Super Bowl is a long shot, but possible. next year, we can add some weapons on the O at WR & RB, and then I think we will be a legit Super Bowl contender. However, I think the point isn’t necessarily the Super Bowl this year, the point is that after 20 years, we seem to actually truly have assembled a winning organization from the FO, down to the coaching staff, with a foundation of of young talent on all sides of the ball with plenty of ammo next off season to keep adding to it. Tua seems like a legit franchise QB who could grow into the most accurate in the league. In short, after 20 years, I think we are in for sustained winning over a long period of time and we should all have higher expectations for our team. Feels good!

yup

I understand that there is another year of the rebuild. I understand that there are still holes to be filled in FA and another draft loaded with high picks.

But I also understand that this team is way ahead of where most thought they’d be, despite the holes.
Must be that crappy coaching and play calling from the armchair experts!!!

Just a little info for ya...not sure if you were aware. The 2000 Baltimore Ravens won the SB that year while averaging scoring 20.8 ppg. We are currently averaging scoring 27.9 ppg. Now while our defense hasn't pitched the same amount of shutouts theirs did that year, we're doing more than enough to win games with how well they're playing. Oh yeah, and in case you forgot...they had DILFER at quarterback!!

It really is nice to just enjoy the wins by the Miami Dolphins after decades of losing.

Back
Top Bottom