You guys understand we are still a year away right? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

I said so in this post last week, but got made fun of.

Relying on defensive TD’s and special teams TD’s is not a sustainable way to win.

That’s how the 5 game win streak happened.

It was smoke and mirrors.

When those things go away, today’s game is the result.

losing to one of the worst teams in the NFL
I certainly didn't make fun of you.

We got an int that led to points today, prevented a td by forcing a fumble and Van Ginkel nearly blocked another punt. The offense needs to play better but literally the only way to sustainably win games is to play well in all 3 phases of the game. You can call the Rams game a little flukey but our other wins were good complimentary football

If all the stars align we can coach up, this defense to stop anyone, including Ben, Patrick, Brees, Rogers or Jackson. Any one of them. If the stars align Tua can thread the needle against any defender in the NFL and we have the guys who can put their fingers all over the ball and come down with it. And enough of a run game to keep that open. You play one game at a time and anything can happen, which is why I will be watching this year too. Nice to know we have some good pieces in place, might bring along our own guys and have some terrific ammo in the next draft and we are only going to get better. This is a covid crazy year, you can’t say what is going to happen, but anything is possible. One game at a time.
You might need to adjust your thinking.

If Miami was still a year away why would the 3-6 Broncos have been the team that grounds them back into reality?

We got an int that led to points today, prevented a td by forcing a fumble and Van Ginkel nearly blocked another punt. The offense needs to play better but literally the only way to sustainably win games is to play well in all 3 phases of the game. You can call the Rams game a little flukey but our other wins were good complimentary football

A little flukey?

Completely flukey.

Play that game 100 times and Rams win 99.

This game, rough as it was, was winnable with decent qb play. When people are projecting the end of the season they just aren't taking into consideration that a rookie qb not used to an nfl pocket and an inexperienced offensive line with no real stalwarts is at times going to be a complete non starter. I understand the move to Tua for the long-term picture but people really took for granted that even though Fitz is inconsistent from a turnover perspective since taking over from Rosen last year he hasn't failed to lead us to consistent long drives and passing yardage production in any single game.

You don't just insert a more technically talented qb and get an automatic uptick in production. You don't get to keep the strengths of the veteran qb and add the young qbs skill on top of that.

Last edited:
Winning 5,6, 7 in a row in the NFL isn't sustainable,period. One maybe two teams win 13 or 14 games a year. People need to stop overreacting about this loss.

How many losses do the Packers have with Aaron Rodgers this year? Do they suck?

Winning 5,6, 7 in a row in the NFL isn't sustainable,period. One maybe two teams win 13 or 14 games a year. People need to stop overreacting about this loss.

How many losses do the Packers have with Aaron Rodgers this year? Do they suck?

The overreaction isn’t about a loss.

It’s about WHO they lost too.

Denver is not a good team.

They’re not even an average team.

Wow, are you saying you were RIGHT? Congratulations man! You must be so proud of yourself. I’ve always wanted to post something on Finheaven, wait for it to prove true and spend the next week patting myself on the back and rubbing it in to the other posters. Especially after a loss. I’m really happy for you, maybe someday it will happen for me. There is nothing more exhilarating than being right about what we post on Finheaven.

Can someone mark this thread as a “thread of the year” candidate? I don’t want it to be missed when the Finheaven awards are given.

We have one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Point blank.

I think it mostly has to do with missing on both Matt Breida and Jordan Howard.

All of our WR's struggle getting separation. Even DVP.
What is interesting is under Fitz Miami is averaging 26.7 ppg offensively this year.

Subtracting defensive and special teams TDs, the only Dolphin offense to average more that that is the 1984 offense when Marino threw 48 TD passes.

Limited to no output whatsoever from Breida and Howard doesn't seem to be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom