You guys understand we are still a year away right? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

The best team doesn't always win in the NFL, even in the playoffs. As long as you make the playoffs, you just need to get hot and put together a three game winning streak, then suddenly you're in the Superbowl.

I agree, but am excited for the youngsters to get that playoff experience

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.
Thing is you could have said the same thing at the beginning of the year in reference to even getting to 6-3 and being in playoff talks. You never know.

We don’t have the players to open it up

Its the play calling that is the limiter here, not the players. Granted, Gailey might let Tua loose only to see him throw bad passes into tight windows caused by him misreading coverages or players who can't get separation, but we won't know until we see it.

This offense has been limited both by Gailey's desire to protect Tua and some fortuitous leads. There are going to be games where this team doesn't get a defensive or special teams touchdown and we're going to have to see this offense do what it did in the 3rd/4th against the Cardinals. There's no guarantee of the same success, but I think its safe to say we will see the constraints come off. And we've seen the likes of Grant, Shaheen, and Hollins make plays.

I think there are far too many unknowns to simply write off this team because of one unit. The most ardent Tua fans would have had a hard time envisioning him pulling off some of those plays he did against the Cards. Few of us even knew who Ahmed or Hollins were a few weeks ago. There still is a real possibility that they've only scratched the surface of what Perry can do....each week Gailey tries to find new ways to get the ball in his hands.

I wouldn't go running to put all my money on the Phins coming out of the AFC just yet. They're clearly in the second tier in the conference. But at the same time you can't write them off just yet. At least wait a few weeks so you can get a better idea of what this offense could be, rather than what it has been.

So maybe we can categorize it this way. In my opinion:
Possible (it can’t be completely ruled out to happen): Super Bowl run
Plausible (within reason to happen): A win or two in the playoffs.
Probable (more than likely to happen): Playoffs, baby!

What would be your Possible, Plausible, Probable outcomes?

i don't think anyone is legitimately expecting a Super Bowl this season, but the '07 Giants were also not the best team in the NFL that year. i do think we are a playoff team. just get there and see what happens.

This is funny! How can you say that? The best team in the league, the undefeated Steelers almost lost to a 2 win Cowboys team with a 3rd string QB. Also, we don't know what our offense is capable of, because they haven't had to harness to load and try to put up 40 yet. Tua has 3 starts under his belt and is 3-0. That is the only offensive stat that means jack! There is not a huge difference between team #1 and 32. ANY team that makes the playoffs has a more than decent chance of taking it all!

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.

SB? No. But, in July, I thought Miami was a year away from a playoff berth. How times change. I'm riding the happy train for now.
BTW, I understand Miami could lose one of the next 3 and damage playoff chances. I understand Miami is weak in the run on both sides. But, I don't expect losing by blowouts against anyone. This time it IS different

So maybe we can categorize it this way. In my opinion:
Possible (it can’t be completely ruled out to happen): Super Bowl run
Plausible (within reason to happen): A win or two in the playoffs.
Probable (more than likely to happen): Playoffs, baby!

What would be your Possible, Plausible, Probable outcomes?
Probable playoffs
plausable playoff win
possible AFC championship game
Super Bowl. No ****ing way

Back
Top Bottom