You guys understand we are still a year away right? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

I’m not expecting a Super Bowl. I didn’t even assume Miami would compete until at least 2021. That being said, I would hope they finish above .500 this year at minimum. Playoffs? Sure, that would be superb. A playoff win? Even better.

KC and PIT may be better. They’re more established and have been for a long time. Miami will get there.

I see some parallels in the 1971 team that made it to the Bowl and got spanked by Dallas, then went on (at the time) an unprecedented run, only to be broken by the USFL. We have the draft capital to add talent to this roster to make it a perennial contender for years.

Everyone is surprised how well we are playing this year. I do think we are weaker at skill position players on offense than other teams that are 6-3 or better. So I do agree with the original post. But expectations will be much higher for us in 2021 since we have the draft capital and another off season to improve.

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.
No offense..... But BOOOOOOOOOO

We've had like 1 winning season in 10 years!!! Stop, & smell the roses, bub!

I just want to get through the next three games without any disappointing results. If that happens, expectations change significantly. Weak teams don’t start a season at 9-3. I’m not saying it‘s going to happen, but the fact that it’s possible is fantastic.

Then we look at the final 4 games, which seemed impossibly daunting a few months ago. It doesn’t seem as daunting right now.

It’s not impossible. I actually think our chances are good if:

1. Tua and the OL stay healthy.
2. Gaskins, Savon, or Brieda become a top 10 back.
3. Flores and Gailey call perfect games in the playoffs.
4. Gesicki learns how to fight for 50/50 balls.
5. The run defense improves to match the pressure and coverage.

The last four games will be very telling.

I don’t think anyone should club Kebo (the OP) for being a realist though. Certainly, he hopes he’s wrong. I pray he is.

I think We have a chance to win the division. Mahomes in the playoffs seems insurmountable.

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.
Good morning family, here is your morning nut kick whether you need it or not! Have a great day. Lol

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Our point differential suggest we got a better than punchers chance to make some real noise. And with this QB’s supreme accuracy, ball placement, and decision making, I’d say that we do. Rookie and all. Gotta get some pieces back tho (Preston, Gaskin)

Back
Top Bottom