You guys understand we are still a year away right? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.

I AM THE OPTIMISM POLICE! PULL THAT HAPPINESS TRAIN OVER!

I WILL DECIDE YOUR MOOD FOR YOU!

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.
df137803.gif

Seriously, I think most of us realize that we are a year away from seriously challenging for a championship.

Stranger things have happened though, and I don't think we have yet peaked with this years potential.

I understand that there is another year of the rebuild. I understand that there are still holes to be filled in FA and another draft loaded with high picks.

But I also understand that this team is way ahead of where most thought they’d be, despite the holes.

I seem to remember Flacco, Brady and both Manning brothers leading some awful offensives to super bowl wins. This year in particular with all the uncertainty, anything can happen.

The offense is getting better each week with Tua at the helm. The training wheels are being taken off bit by bit, and I expect to see things open up more as the season progresses.

I seem to remember Flacco, Brady and both Manning brothers leading some awful offensives to super bowl wins. This year in particular with all the uncertainty, anything can happen.

The offense is getting better each week with Tua at the helm. The training wheels are being taken off bit by bit, and I expect to see things open up more as the season progresses.
We don’t have the players to open it up

No one expected us to be this good this early on in Tua's first year. That doesn't mean we can't adjust our expectations.
Listen, are we as good as KC right now? Of course not, but if we do make the playoffs, anything can happen. Injuries can be a huge part of it as well. Very often teams that win Super Bowls are the ones that sustained the least amount of injuries to their key players.

Especially with covid this year, we have no idea what's going to happen come playoff time. Mandatory quarantines etc. could be a huge part of it.

So yes, realistically we are still a year ot two away. But we can still make a run this year with a little bit of luck.

Its hard to gauge imo, Fins have been taking it slow in the 2nd half of games most probably to ease Tua in... When they needed to play until the very end, they looked very good even without the lead, they're still 9th in offense scoring... We're clearly not favorites but Im not about to start looking at next year while on a 5 game winning streak posting a +69 point differential for 5th in the NFL...

Back
Top Bottom