You guys understand we are still a year away right? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

I don't disagree. Our WR unit has obvious limitations.

That said, I'm of the opinion (fully realizing I'm probably in the minority) that Chan has decades of knowledge at his disposal, and can game plan mismatches, route combos, etc to mitigate the disparity. He has probably forgotten more about offensive football, that most of us ever knew.

Unfortunately, we have another "Achilles heel". Our rushing attack is, to say the least, anemic, and that's hard to overcome with scheme.
I fully believe that more RPO would open up our run game. I'm not sure why we aren't turning to it more. If I had to guess. Chan has it ready to roll and is waiting for Gaskin and Brieda as we really haven't needed it yet. But that just a guess.

I fully believe that more RPO would open up our run game. I'm not sure why we aren't turning to it more. If I had to guess. Chan has it ready to roll and is waiting for Gaskin and Brieda as we really haven't needed it yet. But that just a guess.
Agree, and have absolutely no doubt, Chan is holding his cards close to the vest, and probably has a couple aces up his sleeve, as well (I know, an emarrasment of shameless analogy).

Maybe it's because Chan does not want to run Tua?

? Why would Tua run in an RPO. He either hands it to rb if the end doesn't crash or pull it and throw.
There are a few different permutations of RPO. Some do involve the "option", others do not use it as part of the base concept.

There are a few different permutations of RPO. Some do involve the "option", others do not use it as part of the base concept.
I'm not looking to install a QB option RPO. I believe CG will have one that looks like Pedersons in Philly. Yes the QB can run but that option 3 and not encouraged. Its give it or pass. Read the defense and take what they give you. That to me is a perfect fit for Tua.

Last edited:
I'm not looking to install a QB option RPO. I believe CG will have one that looks like Petersons in Philly. Yes the QB can run but that option 3 and not encouraged. Its give it or pass. Read the defense and take what they give you. That to me is a perfect fit for Tua.
Yes, I knew what you meant.

Not you, specifically, but many ppl have the wrong idea what RPO is, or may think because the word "option" is is used, they think of the old school collegiate option offense, when it has nothing to do with it.

Yes, I knew what you meant.

Not you, specifically, but many ppl have the wrong idea what RPO is, or may think because the word "option" is is used, they think of the old school collegiate option offense, when it has nothing to do with it.
Isn’t that what they call read option that is just a run-where RPO is run pass option.

You are right, I could have added some gifs to express what I really thought about a thread that appears to only want to dump on an enjoyable season during a 5 game win streak.

View attachment 58763

View attachment 58765

View attachment 58766
Wait what?? How could you possibly see this thread as negative?? The OP is saying don't get depressed over a single loss when the future is so unbelievably bright. We have a ton of draft picks and a GM that knows how to use them. How could that be looked at as a negative? Even if we went 3-3 to end the season we would still have a shot at the playoffs in a year that we all know is to get us to next year. That doesn't mean we can't win some games, even a playoff game, but we will be much better in the future. How could someone see that as negative?? I can't see it.

Isn’t that what they call read option that is just a run-where RPO is run pass option.
Not exactly.

The most basic technical difference in most offenses is on who the QB is making his read, and what the linemen blocking assignments are.

In practice, OCs mix the concepts based on personnel, to the point that it becomes hard to tell the difference unless you spend a lot of time in the film room.

Last edited:
Pointing to outliers is fine, but they are exactly that, outliers.

I get it. It gives fans hope. It makes for great talk and banter. It isn't something that most ppl really expect to happen though.

Like I said, I don't think we've peaked yet, on either side of the ball.

I'm excited for the possibilities.

Of course it’s an outlier. Most examples of anything are outliers.

Point is, anything can happen. As the outliers prove.

Of course it’s an outlier. Most examples of anything are outliers.

Point is, anything can happen. As the outliers prove.
Of course they can happen, but not a great idea to use low odds examples to prove a theory.

Like I said, it makes for good BSing, but it isn't rational thinking.

Not exactly.

The most basic technical difference in most offenses is on who the QB is making his read, and what the linemen blocking assignments are.

In practice, OCs mix the concepts based on personnel, to the point that it becomes hard to tell the difference unless you spend a lot of time in the film room.
Good read. And I’ve heard the play by play announcers make the mistake before. I pretty much knew what was going on from hoops post from long ago.

Back
Top Bottom