You guys wanted to know what Pats fans were saying??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys wanted to know what Pats fans were saying???

flynryan15

Club Member
Reaction score
That was the call of a genius? I don't think so.

I don't think I have ever seen a worse call by a coach in professional sports....ever.

Going for it on 4th down on your own 28 and you're leading....what an idiot.

Yep. Lets fire him. Hopefully we can hire Mangina.
The bandwagon is getting lighter. The better for it.

BB's made some really bad calls over the past 2-3 years

So, the head coach has no confidence in his defense? That's nice to know

HUGE down. I got sweaty palms right now. Jeez.

Worst playcall ever.

Can't even get to the goddamn 2 minute warning

Soooo not feeling good.

Crap this blows

Just terrible. That might have cost us the game.

Come on Bill. You had to have something better than that in the playbook.

Oh my God!!! What kind of nightmare is this????

That is the dumbest **** Belichick has ever done.

Gotta be ****ing kidding me. Come on!!!!

LOL........... my wife is about to throw my *** out the house

!!!!! Wow....anything can I say to explain how I feel right now..

I might be sick.

I still can't believe they even snapped that freaking ball! WTF are/were they thinking?

What a terrible decision. We should have punted it and let the defense see what they can do. We're going to lose this game.

Say what you want about whining and about bad play calling, but that was ****ing two ****ing christmas presents come early for the colts.

24-7 and now this. Really can't believe this, it's 2006 all over again. Defense can still stop them, let's go boyz!

That was a bad call from Belichick. The Patriots defense can not stop them. This defense is not good enough.

lost this phucking game!

yeah this is a well deserved loss

This mother****ing bull****. I can't believe this. What the ****?!

That's game. Un ****ing believable, one of the worst games I've ever had to experience. **** the refs, **** the Colts, **** BB. Unreal.

Well everyone going to blame this game on Maroney like usual!

Wow...does this ever SUCK!

Worst play call in the history of NFL. Cost the Pats the game. Unbelievable.

This one is all on the Coach and his ****ty staff
I am sorry we should have lost this game based on the bad offense in 3rd and the coaches calls in 4th.

Well, that's what happens when you become ****ing arrogant. We lost this game on a call that should have been punted. Who the **** calls for a 4th down try on your own 30 yard line? Belichick is a good coach, but he is no genius.

You know. I have nothing concrete to support this, but this game was so hyped, do you suppose the league said " let's make sure it doesn't get out of hand, give them a good show?

wow, ****ing wow
I can't believe that Peyton Manning was handed ANOTHER game by the referees because of a PS Pass Interference call on Butler (he's got the right for the ball you dumb arse Ref) and then the pathetic spot on Faulk's reception. He CLEARLY had possession before he was pushed backwards.

**** you Bill Belickick.
**** you LoMo.
**** you Kac.

PI = free touchdown
BB = stupid ****ing decision
4th down = another ******* call by the refs that couldn't be fixed with a challenge

I'm going to ****ing puke

Yeah, I hope Peyton runs over there and thanks BB for 2 stupid decisions to hand this game over.

this defense is pathetic... BB needs his balls kicked hard right now!

It's official...go **** yourself

Talk about stupid decisions, and talk about being ****ing robbed by the god damn zebras. Can't get a game versus the Clots when the refs aren't a factor. My God.

Damn looks like Belichick gave Manning and the Colts a early Christmas present. We had that game. I'm not worried. I'm confident if we meet the Colts in the playoffs we will make smarter decisions

OMFG.

I paid my bet.

I dont think I wanna talk about the game right now.

Congratulations Belichick. You have just surpassed Grady Little as making the absolute dumbest decision in the history of Boston sports.

Genius? What a joke.

I've never seen a Patriots team collapse the way this one did tonight. It's truly unfortunate, because they pretty much dominate this game throughout 3 and a half quarters.

What a retarded decision to go for it on 4th and 2. It's almost as retarded as using your last 2 timeouts for no apparent reason, unable to challenge a very close 4th down call

Don't worry though, we'll hear all week about Peyton's great comeback and calmness in the pocket. **** my life, I haven't been so pissed about a loss since 2007 SB - and this time, it wasn't even the fault of the players.

The Pats manhandled them and still lost.... Man, what a ****ing joke. I don't think that I've ever seen a bigger choke on such a lopsided game. Man, I'm speechless.

That was great.

I really wanted the colts to lose but now after watching that game im really happy the pats lost.
that was the best way. dominate the game the whole way and stupid *** calls to end the game.

Considering all the BS calls the Patsies have gotten since they screwed the Raiders out of the AFC Championship Game (Jan. 2002)....maybe things are starting to even out a little???

It could not happen to a better team. There is justice in the universe! The Evil Empire gets bitten. That was definitely not a first down as Faulk was bobbling it and got control before the 1st down marker. Shocked if we don't hear the whinning from the Pats and their proponents in the media. As far as Satan himself well...ego out of control to go for it and deep seated fear of Manning and that offense. Pure enjoyment to see the Evil Empire lose.

I thought it was the correct call and I expected Belichick to go for it, as soon as it reached 4th down. In Las Vegas I've dealt with estimated probability for more than 20 years. Often the true odds aren't remotely close to conventional wisdom. This is a classic example. New England was a considerable favorite to make the first down and end the game on 4th and short. They would have been roughly a 1/3 favorite. But if you kick it away I can't make it 50/50 that you stop Manning, no matter where he starts, with 2 minutes and one time out.

You can't apply the standard mindset, that's what I'm saying. All the analysts are looking at this from a tunnel vision view, i.e. what normally would be the correct choice from a mathematical standpoint. But Brady is your trigger man, not the typical QB. He's considerably more likely to make the first down and end the game than the average clown. And the other guy is Manning the dagger, plus New England's defense is young and on the road.

There was one similar situation I can think of. It was more debatable. Switzer went for 4th and 1 against the Eagles very late from his own 29 in the '90s and failed, while leading. He took relentless criticism. I'm sure the networks will eventually find that clip to use as an example of something comparable to tonight. Switzer's rationale was a huge wind was facing the Cowboys so a punt likely would go nowhere. Plus he had Emmitt Smith and the best offensive line in the league.

In that case I thought it was the wrong choice, but only slightly. Tonight I'd love to bet if they played out the scenario 100 times, New England would win a higher percentage by going for it and not punting.

I always doubted New England would hold on. The NFL is not remotely close to what it used to be. You can't stop premier QBs from sticking one TD after another on the board when they need it in the 4th quarter. Consequently you've got to be beyond greedy when you have the edge. New England seemed to screw around from mid second quarter on, once they had the 24-7 lead. It may have seemed like plenty. It was nothing. I kept thinking about the Saints vs. Dolphins. Brady threw a lazy pick in the end zone in the third quarter, then Maroney fumbled going into the end zone. Most critical of all, New England had no urgency when they led 31-21 and got the INT with about 7 minutes left. Two first downs there, or a TD, and you're gold. But when you leave 4+ minutes and only lead by 13, suddenly you're in the same situation USC faced against Texas in the Rose Bowl, a situation that looks great but all it takes is a TD, quick stop, then TD. It happened again.

The stupid part was throwing to Faulk and not Welker on 4th down.

Welker is the best and most clever third down receiver in the league. If you watch the replay, he was cruising over the middle from left to right and is open, about 2 yards past the marker. Brady never looked his way, which is astonishing. I can't believe Moss and Welker weren't targeted on the final two plays.

I thought it was the correct call and I expected Belichick to go for it, as soon as it reached 4th down. In Las Vegas I've dealt with estimated probability for more than 20 years. Often the true odds aren't remotely close to conventional wisdom. This is a classic example. New England was a considerable favorite to make the first down and end the game on 4th and short. They would have been roughly a 1/3 favorite. But if you kick it away I can't make it 50/50 that you stop Manning, no matter where he starts, with 2 minutes and one time out.

You can't apply the standard mindset, that's what I'm saying. All the analysts are looking at this from a tunnel vision view, i.e. what normally would be the correct choice from a mathematical standpoint. But Brady is your trigger man, not the typical QB. He's considerably more likely to make the first down and end the game than the average clown. And the other guy is Manning the dagger, plus New England's defense is young and on the road.

There was one similar situation I can think of. It was more debatable. Switzer went for 4th and 1 against the Eagles very late from his own 29 in the '90s and failed, while leading. He took relentless criticism. I'm sure the networks will eventually find that clip to use as an example of something comparable to tonight. Switzer's rationale was a huge wind was facing the Cowboys so a punt likely would go nowhere. Plus he had Emmitt Smith and the best offensive line in the league.

In that case I thought it was the wrong choice, but only slightly. Tonight I'd love to bet if they played out the scenario 100 times, New England would win a higher percentage by going for it and not punting.

I always doubted New England would hold on. The NFL is not remotely close to what it used to be. You can't stop premier QBs from sticking one TD after another on the board when they need it in the 4th quarter. Consequently you've got to be beyond greedy when you have the edge. New England seemed to screw around from mid second quarter on, once they had the 24-7 lead. It may have seemed like plenty. It was nothing. I kept thinking about the Saints vs. Dolphins. Brady threw a lazy pick in the end zone in the third quarter, then Maroney fumbled going into the end zone. Most critical of all, New England had no urgency when they led 31-21 and got the INT with about 7 minutes left. Two first downs there, or a TD, and you're gold. But when you leave 4+ minutes and only lead by 13, suddenly you're in the same situation USC faced against Texas in the Rose Bowl, a situation that looks great but all it takes is a TD, quick stop, then TD. It happened again.

The stupid part was throwing to Faulk and not Welker on 4th down.

Welker is the best and most clever third down receiver in the league. If you watch the replay, he was cruising over the middle from left to right and is open, about 2 yards past the marker. Brady never looked his way, which is astonishing. I can't believe Moss and Welker weren't targeted on the final two plays.

You are right. Welker would have been the better choice in that situation. Everything went wrong on that play for them. To me the call and how they played the last 4 minutes is wicked irony. Overconfidence in the offense going out of control combined with a fear in Manning. The Cheatriot's defenders have got to be thinking subconcsiously that coach does not trust them vs. Manning in that situation. What does that do their psyche if they face Manning and company in the playoffs?

It was a brilliant decision that gave his team the greatest odds of winning the game. Most of you wouldnt understand it. Thats why you homer up on Tony Morono.

You are right. Welker would have been the better choice in that situation. Everything went wrong on that play for them. To me the call and how they played the last 4 minutes is wicked irony. Overconfidence in the offense going out of control combined with a fear in Manning. The Cheatriot's defenders have got to be thinking subconcsiously that coach does not trust them vs. Manning in that situation. What does that do their psyche if they face Manning and company in the playoffs?

People who are criticizing the decision tonight are conveniently forgetting the 2006 AFC Championship Game, when Belichick did punt it away to Manning from near midfield, with a 34-31 lead and about 2 minutes remaining, after failing on 3rd and 4. Manning burned him in slightly over a minute, sticking it into the end zone on a long drive against a much more veteran Patriot defense.

The difference in that 2006 game: Brady lacked an ideal short yardage receiver. In fact, that's what led to blowing the 21-3 lead. When they stole Welker from us I cringed because it was the perfect fit. I'm more baffled by Brady ignoring Welker on 4th down than anything that has happened all season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff but I still prefer the Jets fans wailing & gnashing their teeth in the lake of fire.

Did anyone notice the Pats CB's were allowed to mug the Colts receivers 10 yards down field all first half. I was shocked that there wasn't a single call on that, nice to see BB taking one up the wahzoo.

People who are criticizing the decision tonight are conveniently forgetting the 2006 AFC Championship Game, when Belichick did punt it away to Manning, with a 34-31 lead and about 2 minutes remaining. Manning burned him in slightly over a minute, sticking it into the end zone on a long drive against a much more veteran Patriot defense.

The difference in that 2006 game: Brady lacked an ideal short yardage receiver. In fact, that's what led to blowing the 21-3 lead. When they stole Welker from us I cringed because it was the perfect fit. I'm more baffled by Brady ignoring Welker on 4th down than anything that has happened all season.

The way I look at it is 1st you go to your bread and butter and that's Welker, first mistake. The bigger mistake was trying to stop Indy from scoring! Why not let them score if your gonna go for it on 4th down, this should have been apart of the decision. You let them score and now you have almost 2 minutes to get in fg position to win the game. You have Brady, Moss, Welker and Watson to get you there and then you have one of the best FG kickers in the game.

To me that was the biggest mistake!

Patsies have nothing on the Jet fans.....looks like the Devil is finally coming to collect on that soul Belicheat........My 3 favorites

LOL........... my wife is about to throw my *** out the house

this defense is pathetic... BB needs his balls kicked hard right now!..(this is one of the best of the yr lol)

Don't worry though, we'll hear all week about Peyton's great comeback and calmness in the pocket. **** my life, I haven't been so pissed about a loss since 2007 SB - and this time, it wasn't even the fault of the players

what a great sunday this was.....the way we came back and won and how the jets and pats lost in the same day.......priceless, one of the besst sundays this yr.

Back
Top Bottom