You have nothing to lose Dan... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

pacresjt

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am hoping that you haven't begun to coach with the mindset of what each weeks result will cost you in terms of obtaining the Head Coaching Job full time. The fact is that you have nothing to lose but everything to gain. It is rare that an interim coach actually get the job they stayed for a few games and in this case where the pressure to win is very high the likelihood is even less in Miami.

With that said the approach to each weeks game and every play should reflect the same. Too much thinking and not enough doing will create enough doubt and just enough hesitation to effect the aggression this team needs to have. To a man, each player just needs to go out there and run through the guy in front of him and let his natural ability, strength and instinct lead him. This is what I saw in the first two games and not what I saw in the next two.

Pressure to win and not make mistakes will lead to continued losses instead of dominating performances. Dont get trapped by the thought of winning and losing or getting the job. You are at your best when you have nothing to lose. You have SUH, Jones, Albert and Landry! These guys are tough and play inspired. Your team showed how tough they can be and battered and bruised The Titans and Texans. Although these are not premium teams in the league, you won like you should have DOMINATING!

Lets get physical, go out there and batter an bruise the Philadelphia Eagles. Lets lay down the hammer each and every play and leave those guys so sore they remember the day the Dolphins came to town. Lets put fear into the heart of each opponent that they are going to take a smack down physically when we come to town. Lets gain the mental edge out the gate by creating the lore of what type of team the opponent will be facing each and every week. Let this team be a reflection of the man at the top and let the chips fall where they may. If you can do this, if your team can respond you will have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Go Dolphins!

Playing scared started with Tannehill against New England. The second that safety happened, our whole identity that we had cultivated in the previous 2 weeks went out the window. Then, it happened against Buffalo.

Playing scared started with Tannehill against New England. The second that safety happened, our whole identity that we had cultivated in the previous 2 weeks went out the window. Then, it happened against Buffalo.

It actually started at the kickoff of that game. We deferred despite never trailing under Campbell. The patriots scored in a few plays and we were trailing for the first time under Campbell and haven't recovered. I would have taken a chance with getting the ball and trying to get the lead.

It actually started at the kickoff of that game. We deferred despite never trailing under Campbell. The patriots scored in a few plays and we were trailing for the first time under Campbell and haven't recovered. I would have taken a chance with getting the ball and trying to get the lead.
i think Campbell deferred because BB always defers and tries to have the last possession of half and 1st of 2nd half / that helps take any momentum the opponents offense may have away as NE runs such long drives you could go 15-20 min before you see the ball through the half time. So I think Campbell made the call to try to take that edge away from NE. Of course, it didn't turn out so good.

We might have through the pats could come out less sharp on the first drive.
It didn't matter anyway. We were getting blown out no matter how the game started.

You defer when you have a really good defense.

Ours is the opposite of that.

Take the ball.

You defer when you have a really good defense.

Ours is the opposite of that.

Take the ball.

You defer against New England because bill is the best in the league at gaining an extra possession with clock management by always deferring . This is well known

You defer against New England because bill is the best in the league at gaining an extra possession with clock management by always deferring . This is well known

No you don't. The only losses the Patriots have suffered in the last 27 games have come when the opposing team scores first. That's right the 4 losses came when the other team took the lead in the first by being aggressive and getting the lead. If you are waiting till half time to get an advantage on the Patriots then the game is usually over.

Can I just see the team playing hard? Can I see players that have not done much come up big in spots? Can I see the best players on the team manning up all game? Can I see some turnovers created? Can I see some in game adjustments? Can I see the staff come up with some adjustments that break past tendencies? Can we cease with the slow starts? Can we stop with players looking around seeing if someone else is going to get it done?

Step the **** up!

Ummm...no.

By deferring, you are gambling that your defense can stop the other team from scoring on their first possession. This is essentially gives your offense an extra possession and gives them the opportunity to score first in both halves via.

If your defense fails to stop them, then you just spotted them 3 or 7 points at the start of the game, and you are playing from behind from the start.

If you are not confident in your defenses ability to stop them from scoring on the first drive, then you do not defer.

Football 101.

This, apparently, is NOT well known, at least on these forums.

Can I just see the team playing hard? Can I see players that have not done much come up big in spots? Can I see the best players on the team manning up all game? Can I see some turnovers created? Can I see some in game adjustments? Can I see the staff come up with some adjustments that break past tendencies? Can we cease with the slow starts? Can we stop with players looking around seeing if someone else is going to get it done?

Step the **** up!

To answer your questions.....
No. Absolutely not. Doubtful. Not gonna happen. No way!!!! nope. No chance. When hell freezes over.

Back
Top Bottom