You know what the real problem Sunday was...

phins054

Pitbull
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
It was penalties...Not the pass rush.

On defense, we were flagged on almost every other play. Defensive holding, Unsportsmanlike conduct, Pass interference...The worst part is, is that a lot of those flags came in late...I swear I thought the refs were wearing blue and white pinstripes:yell:
 

girlphan

Scout Team
Joined
Sep 4, 2002
Messages
306
Reaction score
0
Location
Buckeye Country
I agree. I also saw Taylor getting mugged the whole game and no calls. But in my opinion, if Mare hadn't missed that easy cheezy field goal (cause I am quite the kicker ya know, therefore I speak from my vast personal knowledge of the subject) none of us would have been holding our breath the fourth quarter. Which, I might add, I don't really know why we were because there were so many what ifs like IF they had gotten that last TD and IF they had made the two-point conversion. Hello..... them is some pretty big ifs.
 

phins054

Pitbull
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Not to mention the stupid offensive penalties in the 3rd quarter that put us in 3rd and forever (14 i think). when we had a 2nd and 1 on one play and a first down on the other...:rolleyes:
 

phins054

Pitbull
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by girlphan
I agree. I also saw Taylor getting mugged the whole game and no calls. But in my opinion, if Mare hadn't missed that easy cheezy field goal (cause I am quite the kicker ya know, therefore I speak from my vast personal knowledge of the subject) none of us would have been holding our breath the fourth quarter. Which, I might add, I don't really know why we were because there were so many what ifs like IF they had gotten that last TD and IF they had made the two-point conversion. Hello..... them is some pretty big ifs.
I agree about Olindo...Whats up with that...the guy is one of the most accurate kickers in the history of the NFL, on a team that so far has only needed him to kick PATs and the one FG we ask him to kick (which was like 10 yds farther out than a PAT) and he botched it:( oh well we won anyways...:evil:
 

Merman

Super Bowl MVP
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
1
Location
Miami
Originally posted by phins054
It was penalties...Not the pass rush.
Couldn't disagree more. With no pass rush any team in the NFL can and will pick us apart. Even old fart Vinny can and has picked us apart.
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
Re: Re: You know what the real problem Sunday was...

Originally posted by Merman


Couldn't disagree more. With no pass rush any team in the NFL can and will pick us apart. Even old fart Vinny can and has picked us apart.
disagree all you want, but its true. the few penalties we had on offense stalled drives and all the penalties the defense had, kept the colts going. if the other team doesn't have the ball, you don't need a pass rush!:p
 

Phinmaster1354

Active Roster
Joined
Nov 18, 2001
Messages
654
Reaction score
0
Location
Miami Lakes,FL
I AGREE WITH MERMAN!!

You can blame the penalties for keeping drives going, but there was ABSOLUTELY NO PASS RUSH AT ALL!!! The point I am trying to make is, the secondary can't contain coverage all day, and that is where most of the PASS INTERFERENCE CALLS and DEFENSIVE HOLDING CALLS came from!! MANNING had ALL-DAY!!! That could haunt us!!!
 

mf52dolphin

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Jan 26, 2002
Messages
955
Reaction score
0
Age
59
Location
Santa Maria, CA
Actually getting no pass rush against the Colts was no surprise. Since the arrival of Manning there there usually has been at least one game every year that the Dolphins were unable to sack Manning. Their line is very good at pass protection, and very good at stelth holding.
 

Merman

Super Bowl MVP
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
1
Location
Miami
Re: Re: Re: You know what the real problem Sunday was...

Originally posted by dolfan06
disagree all you want, but its true. the few penalties we had on offense stalled drives and all the penalties the defense had, kept the colts going. if the other team doesn't have the ball, you don't need a pass rush!:p
True penalties on a defense do keep drives alive. To say that without penalties a drive will be stopped is not true. Do you really want to say that without penalties we would have the ball so no pass rush is needed ??? :p


BTW your smilie that pukes is awesome :hail:
 

phins054

Pitbull
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
My point is that when we have them in 2nd or 3rd and long, we can't give up freebie yards on penalties..that and they threw a few of those flags really late after the play. It was like they let the offensive player whine to get it.:rolleyes: I understand your statement about the pass rush Merman, and agree with it. I am just saying that 15 or so defensive penalties will kill us in most games...:evil:
 

MarinoFan

Ralph Wilson after this season
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Miami
Guys, these penalties are happening all around the league. Very crappy calls. These guys do this for a living and are getting caught up with the crowd. The refs should not be calling some of these plays, it's not basketball, come on. LET THEM PLAY DAMN IT!!!!!:mad:
 

Merman

Super Bowl MVP
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
1
Location
Miami
Originally posted by phins054
I am just saying that 15 or so defensive penalties will kill us in most games...:evil:
Very true. I have seen some talk on the board. like MarinoFan, that the penalties are comming too quick and easy.
 
Top Bottom