You Miami Fans Will Be Very... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Miami Fans Will Be Very...

Quizlet

Practice Squad
Reaction score
...Disapounted about the upcoming Sunday game. The Bills will not be a knock-off. Is our defense not doing so well. YES! Without a doubt. We all know this. BUT- your offense is not so hot either. What is your highest scoring game?

We have had 1 BAD game, and our offense considers a BAD game under 30 points...

My point- if you expect a blow-out you will be sadly dis-appounted

The most points our team has put up is 49 points.

I'm not sure I see your point considering Miami's 180 points scored this season is 4th in the NFL behind...

#1. Kansas City...205 points
#2. Buffalo...194 points
#3. New Orleans...186 points
#4. Miami...180 points

So am I right in the assessment that you are questioning our offense relative to your offense because the Dolphins average a mere 30 points a game compared to your 32.3 points a game? Am I hearing this right? You're questioning the dolphins offense because we're merely a "not-so-good" #4 in the league in points scored compared to your "astounding" #2 in the league?

Boy did you step on a landmine, son.

Landmine...lol...nice :o

Anyway- Last week you where #6 and averaging 28 I believe. Unless it has changed, you are still there. It must have with you "racking up" 22 points on that Denver defense.... :)

BTW: here is a quote from a OAKLAND RAIDER commentator: "Goodness Jim, it seems as if the Buffalo Bills offense is scoring at will.

Has a OPPOSING teams commentator said that about you?

Plus- your offense has played

Detroit
Indi
Jets
Kansas
NE (horrible this year)
Denver

I will give you that 2 of those Defenses are "good." That is Denver and Kansas.

We have had:

Chicago
Jets
Oakland
Denver
Houston
Minnesota

I will say that we have had at least 2 good defenses in Denver and Oakland. Maybe even 3 with the Bears defense which was ranked top in the league last year...and maybe Houstons defense which is rated #TEN

If you doubt me, go ahead and look it up.

Dolphins have scored 180 points this year in 6 games. The only teams to score more points are the Chiefs, Bills, and Saints in that order. Wanna check for yourself, then go here...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/standings.html

Can a Bills fan tell me what 180 divided by 6 games is? Now thats the REAL question....lol.

Want to do a quick statistical excercise? Ok.

Bills Opponent....PA...number of games
Chicago...132...5
Jets...162...5
Oakland...118...5
Denver...120...6
Houston...123...5
Minnesota...165...5
Total...820...31

Dolphins Opponents...PA...number of games
Detroit...169...5
Indy...90...5
Jets...162...5
Kansas...193...6
NE...134...6
Denver...120...6
Total...868...33

I could understand a Bills fan being easily confused by so many numbers, so I will try to explain what they mean. "PA" stands for how many points opposing teams have scored against them. What you see above is the PA for each team that the Bills and Dolphins have faced, along with how many games they got that PA in. So, if you divide the "Total PA" by the total number of games in each list, you've got how many points the average Dolphins and Bills opponent allow per game. I'll do the calculations for you.

Bills opponents allow an average of 26.5 points per game. Dolphins opponents allow an average of 26.3 points per game.

Unfortunately for us Dolfans thats too easy. We don't want to dillude these statistics with the offensive production of the Bills and Dolphins...we want to isolate that. So instead we adjust those stats by subtracting the Dolphins PF (180) from the Total PA of Dolphins opponents (868) and do the same for the Bills, also adjusting the total number of games for each. So what we have is this...

Bills Opponents let up on average 25.0 points per game to opponents OTHER than the Buffalo Bills.

Dolphins Opponents let up on average 25.5 points per game to opponents OTHER than the Miami Dolphins.

So in effect you were right Quizlet. The Bills opponents do let up less points to other teams than Dolphins opponents. But unfortunately for you, this figure is a mere half a point a game, which is not statistically significant!

Oh man I must be hot today. I've used logic and reason to douse a Bills fan's outrageous proclamations twice in one thread!

I'd love to see your response to these stats Quizlet. I'd also love to see whatever other outrageous claim you can make that I can render useless just by simply looking things up.

Now how many Td's has ur defense generated. more, how many Int and fumble recoveries did u guys recover and gave u field position inside opponents territory?

I know we got none off of Ints. all i am saying is your defense probably helping out your offense more than ours is. so if were talkin pure offense, are's is much better, more dangerous

I was a little more curious about the statement that the chiefs defense was good??? there one of the worst in the league... we lost, but still put up over 30 points and thats with turning the ball over how many times? obviously if we ran the ball we would have had alot less points on the board, but saying the chiefs defense is good????

Of course I never stated that our offense was better. The stats just don't bear that out. The original assumption here by Quizlet was "Is our defense not doing so well. YES! Without a doubt. We all know this. BUT- your offense is not so hot either."

Unfortunately for Quizlet he obviously didn't realize that the Dolphins have scored the 4th most points in the NFL. Not exactly an offense that is "not so hot" as he says...not exactly an offense whose WEAKNESS can be compared to the WEAKNESS of the Buffalo Bills defense.

He saw this and then tried to explain away the fact that the Dolphins have 180 points this season by saying that we've faced far weaker teams than the Bills have faced. Once again using stats I showed this not to be true...we've faced about the same level defensive teams.

And as for your point about defensive and special teams touchdowns...well, you're wrong. That simple. The Dolphins have gotten 2 TDs that weren't scored by the offense. One was a special teams play, a fumbled punt. The other was an interception. The Buffalo Bills have also scored 2 TDs in ways other than by offense...a fumble return, and a kickoff return TD. The Bills offense has scored 22 TDs so far this year. The Dolphins offense has scored 20 TDs. Which is about what you'd expect considering the Bills' PF is 194 and the Dolphins PF is 180.

Your point is at least PARTLY valid though manny. The dolphins have gotten some help from their defense in terms of turnovers that help shorten up the field so that the offense can score easier. The Bills haven't gotten an interception so far this season. But this goes back to the original point...how Quizlet was trying to say that we will all be very disappointed because even though the Bills defense has struggled, so has our offense. The extent to which the Bills D has struggled, in NO WAY compares to the extent to which the dolphins offense has struggled.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'd love to see your response to these stats Quizlet. I'd also love to see whatever other outrageous claim you can make that I can render useless just by simply looking things up.

Man you save me a lot of work around here :)

Heh, well someone's got to shoulder the load VanDolPhan. But honestly this is shaping up like a piece of art, this thread here. Claim after senseless claim, defeated at the hands of simple fact, stat, and logic.

Thank you ckparrothead. And since when has Oakland's defense been good? You guys played just as crappy defenses as we did. We may have played some bad defenses, but NOTHING like Minnesota's. Minnesota's defense is probably worse than the University of Miami's. And Houston? Good? They're a damn expansion team for goodness sakes, and you almost lost to them. You're defense is another cupcake defense. You gave up like 30 to David Carr! LMAO. I don't expect a blowout, in fact, I believe the Bills could win. But get your facts straight before you start bullsh*tting us please.

My response is that the Texan defense is loaded with talent, and i dont see whats so funny about that, jamie sharper is amazing?

Back
Top Bottom