You Should Count it an Honor to Coach Here. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Should Count it an Honor to Coach Here.

dQbell

No More Games.
Reaction score
I'm seeing far too many comments making this franchise look like we're the Detroit Lions, and remarks claiming all qualified coaching candidates are running away from the possibility of coaching here.

Here's some advice. Quit listening to what Cold Pizza is reporting and have some patience with this process.

This team has excellent potential and a great football history. Sure, maybe there's not some high profile names out there, but who cares. We've had two high profile guys since Shula, and where has that gotten us?

We'll get our coach.

Tony Kornheiser just said (and Wilbon agreed) on PTI today, that with only Mora and Gailey the obvious candidates, maybe the Miami dolphins have some cards they have not shown yet, that they are waiting for some shoes to drop. Because Miami is a big time job and this is not a big time pool.

They agree with most of us here, Miami is a big time (i.e. good) job, and the candidates are sort of depressing. Why didn't we pursue Whisenhunt more? I would love some smash-mouth football.

My thoughts were right when i said that Arizona was going to get the best coach available because they have a good young team with a good future. On the other hand the Fins have nothing absolutely nothing to entice a coach to come here.

We are so far away from even competing in our division let alone a Super Bowl.

Shula definitely established a legacy of pride and greatness. But the last 10 years we've seen 3 coaches quit on us and money was no object! I don't know what's wrong (maybe it's Pro Player Stadium?) but the rest of the league and potential coaches look at the Dolphin organization far different than we do.

Shula definitely established a legacy of pride and greatness. But the last 10 years we've seen 3 coaches quit on us and money was no object! I don't know what's wrong (maybe it's Pro Player Stadium?) but the rest of the league and potential coaches look at the Dolphin organization far different than we do.

Maybe it's the feeling like they have to "fill shoes."

I really don't think we're in that bad of shape as a team. I think Ronnie Brown will be a solid RB. We have Capers making our Defense a top 5.

With the right adjustments, we can be on our way. Our division is tough, but I don't think we're that far behind.

I think that a lot of these candidates are realizing Wayne H's lack of football intelligence.

If we could only score more then 12 points a game we could have been in the playoffs this year and the year before. We just need a little tweaking on Offense.

No doubt we have a good defense and some parts on offense. An owner that doesnt know football should not be a turn off if he also is hands off which Mr. H seems to be. This is a top 5 job in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom