"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!" | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!"

Sewell can left or right tackle and he is a lot better then any one else on the team. Our oline is mediocre but it had 3 rookies. Everyone acts like we can't take a wr at 18 or in the 2nd. Therez plenty of them every single year. There are not plenty of Sewells or Pitts. Most teams have starter grades on the tackles this year into round 3 from what I've gathered.

Sewell can left or right tackle and he is a lot better then any one else on the team. Our oline is mediocre but it had 3 rookies. Everyone acts like we can't take a wr at 18 or in the 2nd. Therez plenty of them every single year. There are not plenty of Sewells or Pitts. Most teams have starter grades on the tackles this year into round 3 from what I've gathered.
To me, I see several remarkable prospects in this draft. Players who are just head and shoulders above the better candidates from the last few years.

Sadly, none of them are wide receivers.

Pitts looks like a one of a kind, as does Parsons and Sewell... Lawrence for sure... but after that... the prospects look good, but not stellar.

This will be one of those BPA vs. need moments. Will we take one of the unicorns, or will we take a smaller player who we have to overlook their warts, just because we NEED that position?

To me, I see several remarkable prospects in this draft. Players who are just head and shoulders above the better candidates from the last few years.

Pitts looks like a one of a kind, as does Parsons and Sewell... Lawrence for sure... but after that... the prospects look good, but not stellar.

This will be one of those BPA vs. need moments. Will we take one of the unicorns, or will we take a smaller player who we have to overlook their warts, just because we NEED that position?
First round take the unicorns 🦄

Okay, let me get this straight. You guys want to move Hunt from RT to RG because you think he can be a great RG. Then you want to draft a LT @ 6 and move Jackson from LT to RT. You want to do this despite the fact that Hunt developed into a better RT than Jackson did LT. The rationale is Jackson can't play guard so you want to keep him at OT even if he is a worse OT than Hunt.

IMHO, if you are willing to give Jackson a chance at LT Hunt has done more to prove he should be given a chance at RT. If you spend a OT @ 6 he better be your LT which means you should put Jackson on the bench/trade block.

We should be looking at LG and C. At center I'd want a guy who has experience and brains, not a small school convert that has never played a snap at center or faced top level schemes/stunts/blitzes and talent.

Josh Myers/Michal Menet at C and/or Trey Smith/Aaron Banks at LG are the types I'd be looking at considering where I think they will fall in the draft. Teams don't pick their best athletes to be centers. By the same token you don't draft 6'3" OT's with short arms in the first no matter what some draft guru said.

I'd be looking to add LG and C no sooner than the 4th round myself. If Trey Smith didn't have health concerns he wouldn't make it out of the 2nd round so I'll take the gamble if he is there later on. Dickerson has has too many injuries and I don't think Creed is going to be all that in the NFL when he is up against grown powerful men. I'm not burning a 2nd for either one.

We all have opinions and these are just mine.

Exactly this.

As I've stated before, I don't think it can ever be as simple as BPA v need on an individual player basis. It's more a matter of tiers of players, and what a team needs within that tier.

In this case, I see a handful of top tier players, with Pitts being the only skill on that top level.

It's a tough situation. I don't want to settle for a 2nd tier player, when tier 1 players are available.

And why couldn't we take a receiver at 6 and an OT at 18?
We could do it either way depending on who is actually available when they pick. My point was that it wont matter who is left when you are picking a player after 3 or 4 QBs are chosen before you. Id be happy with any of Sewell/Pittts/Chase. Waddle/Smith is too early although I would be happy to have Waddle over Smith as he is the "swiss army knife" player this team seems to like.

No we're going to pass on Sewell because we already have 2 T's on rookie contract and the #6 contract would be of much better use somewhere else. You want another tackle, go and get him at #36 or #50.
Would it be, really? Did Jackson and Hunt show that much that you wouldn't want and upgrade? Most people think Hunt would be better moved inside, so why not do it. Yes they used a 1st, a 2nd, and a 4th on the O line. Flowers has one more year then he'll be gone, and Kindley struggled to get to the second level. My personal opinion is I am going to leave it up to the guys getting paid to make the pick and I am fine with any of 6 players they could pick there, but because of the depth of the receiver class, the signing of Fuller, and the return of Wilson I don't believe a receiver is a must draft at #6.

The bottom line is Miami has set themselves up to take BPA at almost every pick. If BPA aligns with and area of need then that's a bonus. They do not need to reach on any pick in this draft. Let it come to them and take the BPA, at least in the first round. JMO

Exactly this.

As I've stated before, I don't think it can ever be as simple as BPA v need on an individual player basis. It's more a matter of tiers of players, and what a team needs within that tier.

In this case, I see a handful of top tier players, with Pitts being the only skill on that top level.

It's a tough situation. I don't want to settle for a 2nd tier player, when tier 1 players are available.
Bingo, and IMO there are three players in Sewell, Parsons, and Pitts that fit that. I lean towards Sewell as the safest pick but also makes and immediate impact to your team. I look at Parsons the same way, but is off the field issues make him not as safe. I do think they have been overblown, but they are there. As far as Pitts goes, I like him but I don't think I love him for that #6 pick.

We can upgrade O-Line if we really want to at #18 or #36 or #50 or #81 or beyond..depending if we trade back from #18..maybe even more picks to choose from..I mean..OT is super deep..Center is great at the top..Guard is deep enough....we'll be okay if we don't go O-Line @ #6!
Yet WR might be the deepest position in this class, so couldn't you say the same thing there?

OT is deep, too..can get a good enough @18 or even @36
Yes it is, but I don't see any of them on the same tier as Sewell right now. I think he's a plug and play day one starter and baring injury he's there for the next 10 years. There are some guys that have potential to be long term starters, but not sure they are plug and play. Even Slater, as good as he was I have seen many think he should start inside and move outside. I haven't seen anyone say Sewell isn't your day one starting LT. He'll take some bumps as all rooks do, but his over all play and mentality is above and beyond all others in this class...IMO.

Back
Top Bottom