You watch the preseason games... So, Who looks real good? Real bad? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You watch the preseason games... So, Who looks real good? Real bad?

Rob Johnson and Damon Huard looked terrible tonight in the Chiefs - Giants game. I guessed it was no shock but provided me with plenty of laughs. :)

PressCoverage said:
it doesn't have to be a rookie, ... and yes, Maroney looked great...

Also, I thought Steve McNair looked good in his TD drive against the Giants... On target, running with abandon and great poise in and out of the huddle... Ravens finally have a quarterback.

The McNair pickup was great, if he stays healthy that team is going to contend for the Superbowl. Boller has really held this team back with his terrible play and leadership. McNair is one of the most underrated Qbs of this era. If the Titans had opened up the offense and actually picked up talented Wrs McNair would have had huge numbers and wouldnt have had to get beaten up game after game. If Jamal Lewis gives a crap and plays hard they are going to be a really, really good team.

Dolfan984 said:
Rob Johnson and Damon Huard looked terrible tonight in the Chiefs - Giants game. I guessed it was no shock but provided me with plenty of laughs. :)

Rob Johnson still holds onto the ball and runs around the pocket like an idiot. I mean how many decades do you have to play before you stop that dumb crap? He would actually be a good Qb IF he would stop doing that. Insane.

PressCoverage said:
Yes, i looked at the gamebook for the Niners-Bears... It was Gore for 7, Gore for 6, Gore for 8, Gore for 5... He got plenty of work, and I think the Niners are tired of Barlow's act... Norv Turner and an improved O-line? They can get 1000 yds out of Gore this year, easily

Frank Gore is a great story... With a sick mother (on dialysis, i believe), he only wanted to be able to provide medical care for her with an NFL paycheck when he was a kid... Two shredded knees at Miami made things look bleak, but here he is, still perservering, making it all the way to the NFL... He's a solid run/pass threat, and a no-nonsense runner... I like him a lot..
the thing most people don't know is that Gore was the starter over Portis until his first torn ACL which paved the way for Portis to become the player he is now. Gore was heathly his Jr. year and again he was the starter, he tore his other ACL which paved the way for McGahee. Gore was suppose to be better than both McGahee and Portis and I think he still can be

Aaron Brooks looks worse as a Raider than he was with the Saints. Is that possible? Yes.

how about DeAngleo Williams? I haven't seen the Panthers play yet. I think he is better than Foster but only time will tell.

nick1 said:
the thing most people don't know is that Gore was the starter over Portis until his first torn ACL which paved the way for Portis to become the player he is now. Gore was heathly his Jr. year and again he was the starter, he tore his other ACL which paved the way for McGahee. Gore was suppose to be better than both McGahee and Portis and I think he still can be

I think Portis was in the clear concerning Gore. He didn't tear his first ACL until the year McGahee broke out and also tore his own knee up. His second ACL was the year after McGahee got drafted.

Update on Rashied Davis -- playing well in this Chargers game. Returned a punt 100 yards for a TD. This guy could turn out to be something. Reminds me a little of Chambers when he moves.

Hester is going to be very good, if he only had a chance to return the ball... there goes a punt return for 42 yards!

Prophet said:
Aaron Brooks looks worse as a Raider than he was with the Saints. Is that possible? Yes.
Never liked Aaron Brooks. I would just give the starting job to Andrew Walter. What do they got to lose anyways? They aren't contenders, that's for sure. Especially in that division.

Back
Top Bottom