Young and Fromm | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young and Fromm

All of those guys you mentioned have better arms than Fromm.

No one has ever compared Fromm to Brady, Brees, Rivers or Manning(I assume you mean Eli because if you meant Peyton then this discussion is over).

Brady was obviously missed by the entire League but Brees, Rivers, Manning were highly touted high picks.They all graded out way better than Fromm.

Listen, you can like Fromm as a prospect(hell i liked him LAST year quite a bit)but comparing him to those guys hurts your argument because they are such unrealistic comparisons.

Considering the talent surrounding him, Fromm should have played MUCH better than he did.His physical flaws kept him from doing so and those same flaws are being exposed in the workouts.

Day 3 pick, future backup.
I’m not comparing Fromm to any of those guys. All I’m saying is that you can still be successful in the NFL without a great arm or great mobility. What talent exactly are you talking about? The Georgia receivers were terrible. If you watch his film You will see some beautifully placed balls in tight coverage that receivers would plain out drop. I know that he had a good running back and a good line but he’s receiving corps was really bad. Even the LSU game this year which is considered the worst game of his career, he had a lot of nice throws that his receivers would just let him down on

Here's an accuracy chart from Ian Wharton. Not sure if this has been posted. Burrow is phenomenal across the board while Fromm is a disaster.

Tua very good in every category but generally below Burrow in most categories. However with Tua there are very low interceptable passes while Jordan Love is awful in that regard, nearly 4x above Tua.

Big drop off in overall accuracy percentage from Burrow and Tua to everyone else. Burrow and Tua are above 80% then a drop to Hurts, Herbert and Eason in the low 70s with Love and Fromm in the high 60s.

Obviously there are multiple versions of this type of thing. Accuracy evaluation requires subjectivity.

I’m not comparing Fromm to any of those guys. All I’m saying is that you can still be successful in the NFL without a great arm or great mobility.

What about both?

Who was the guy who was slow with no arm who was successful?

Wouldn't draft Fromm if he was on the board with our comp 4 and we haven't taken a QB yet for whatever reason.

Same hand size is Burrow. What makes him garbage?

Actually smaller hands than Burrow, get your facts right.

What makes Fromm garbage is his playing abilities. He had one of the most talented teams around him in college. Yet what did he do? Now, I would take him in the 3rd and before Eason. Eason has the physical talent but I think that he is lacking the mental.

Brady, Brees, Manning

If your view is that Brady, Brees and manning had weak arms then I do not know where we go from here.

None of them were Jeff George but they all had stronger arms than Fromm.

"All I’m saying is that you can still be successful in the NFL without a great arm"

Fromm is not a guy without a great arm, he is a guy with a below average NFL arm.

I can not think of a legit NFL starter with his physical tools.

Actually smaller hands than Burrow, get your facts right.

What makes Fromm garbage is his playing abilities. He had one of the most talented teams around him in college. Yet what did he do? Now, I would take him in the 3rd and before Eason. Eason has the physical talent but I think that he is lacking the mental.
Lol Burrow has 9 in and Fromm has 8 7/8 come on. Fromm did not have good receivers. If you watch tape you’ll see what I’m talking about. Look I’m one of the few that like him so chances are that you may be right. But he was considered a top QB coming into the yr. only time will tell my friend

Fromm didn't have GREAT receivers, but they weren't stiffs. A couple of them will be NFL players eventually.

He also had a great OL and terrific RB's.

Few QB's were in a better position to succeed than Fromm.

His play dropped off way too much to explain away with young receivers.

IF I had a QB and was not going to take a one high then I would gamble on him finding himself in the 3rd round because he sure looked good LAST year.

But the small hands will be an issue with cold weather teams, so Carolina/Tenn/NO/Tampa/Detroit/LAC could be good spots for him to wait behind a veteran(assuming LAC and Tampa sign new vet QB's.

I can't see a team taking him with the plan that he is their guy going forward.

But you will be getting a good backup at the very least I think.

Back
Top Bottom