Young and Fromm | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young and Fromm

Easons arm was on display on that opening td drive.

he came back late to the flats I think it was on one 3rd down flat footed all arm and that ball had hair. Threw a seed down the middle between coverage that ball would have impaled the wr if he didn’t catch it.

But I think you have to put him in a pro style offense. He’s not gonna hurt you with his legs like a josh allen does.

big arm. And that sells

I agree about Fromm. He's not moving the needle for me. If anybody's going to say that Burrow is a game manager then Fromm is too. Fromm is the type of QB that'd need a great team around him with a top oline plus a great running game but you don't always get that in the NFL. At this point I'd not use a 1st round pick on him.

Herbert looking like garbage tonight. If it weren’t for his defense they’d be losing.
Now he’s injured.....

I honestly think it’s a 2 way race between Herbert and Tua with the Dolphins. I don’t think Fromm is anywhere near or on there radar, he’s just played really bad this year.

I totally agree. It’s one or the other. I just can’t buy teams let Justin Herberts tools stay on the board. And I think someone at the top of the draft board will talk themselves into the consistency of his mechanics is coachable. I tend to buy into that myself.

he’s throwing lasers out there tonight. By far the most physically gifted prospect and witb running pistol assuming you can maintain the sticks that kid can make a lot of plays and limit the weakness exposures.

I mean if you are truly swinging for the fences I don’t see how that kid doesn’t get the green light.

I could see burrows getting in there if they green light the arm and I like what slimm said about his pocket management/movement and toughness. Probably for me the two most endearing qualities.

Last edited:
Maybe this is why I'm no guru but I get more confused every week with all the QB's. One thing is for sure, Tua's accuracy and ball placement is just amazing. People say that Tua's guys are always open(not really true) but the QB still have to get them the ball and he does it to where the WR's don't have to reach for the ball behind them or low at the knees. I watched Fromm yesterday and while he did some good things he's just not accurate the way tua is and his ball placement while good at time he was missing several times too. Two passes that he "completed" were thanks to the receivers making some great catches.....one was not even a catch but they let that play stand. The 2nd one was a catch on a bad pass. The best thing Fromm did was making plays on 3rd down which is huge.

As far as Herbert, 21/26 for 225 and 3 TD's plus ran for one. He does have the tools and at this point I'd take him over Fromm but that's just my not so expert opinion. Having said that, Tua would be my pick if we get the chance to draft him.

On another note I didn’t think that Florida Georgia game was anywhere near as physical as the auburn LSU game last week.

Fromm doesn’t even need to be discussed. He is ****! He will never be a starter in the NFL.

...I just can’t buy teams let Justin Herberts tools stay on the board. ...he’s throwing lasers out there tonight. By far the most physically gifted prospect and witb running pistol assuming you can maintain the sticks that kid can make a lot of plays and limit the weakness exposures.

I mean if you are truly swinging for the fences I don’t see how that kid doesn’t get the green light.

I love the kid as an ATHLETE and his arm is certified N F L elite! But what makes him so compelling is

the seemingly unlimited upside! Just seems to me if there's a future "dominator" @QB in this draft

he's the best bet. I'm more and more convinced the kid is a legit football player!

But (good news) there are other strong possibilities as well!

Gonna be really interesting to watch as things play out!

I love the kid as an ATHLETE and his arm is certified N F L elite! But what makes him so compelling is

the seemingly unlimited upside! Just seems to me if there's a future "dominator" @QB in this draft

he's the best bet. I'm more and more convinced the kid is a legit football player!

But (good news) there are other strong possibilities as well!

Gonna be really interesting to watch as things play out!
I have been watching Oregon games every chance I get now. I must say he is an impressive QB, and surprisingly uses his legs well. I wouldn't be upset if he was our first pick.

I believe 100% we will see 6 1st Rd QBs
The QB2 debate is fascinating to me.

Fromm- checks all the boxes plus intangibles. Maybe doesn’t excel in 1 particular area but overall I don’t see a true weakness. Some have totally written him off.

Herbert- has ideal stature and arm but he has warts. Do you trust his reads? Level of comp.?

Burrow- arm strength? Is he product of system and talent around him?

Eason- decision making / some pocket presence issues.

Love- difficult to project- upside- raw- no talent around him. Success of Watson, Jand Mahomes really helps here.

Back
Top Bottom