Young and Montana....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young and Montana.......

fish fan 4 life

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think Young and Montana where both way over rated.Marino is a way better qb then both.Marino is always listed behind Montana when talking about the greatest qb ever.Sure he dont have any rings and thats what everyone wants to measure there arguement on.Well my freinds if we are going to judge a qb by superbowl wins then Terry Bradshaw is the best ever and if we judge by numbers i think we all no who wins.Dan never had the talent the 49ers did.Montana and Young both had the greatest wr ever Jerry Rice to throw the ball 2.Young had Owens and Rice.As much as i love Clayton and Duper they dont even come close to Owens and Rice.Montana also had the 1st rb ever to post 1,000 yards rushing and rec in the same season.How many 1,000 backs did Marino have?In all the years Marino was here we never had a rb as good as Roger Craig.If you put Marino on the 49ers in the 80's and 90's i think the 49ers would have won another super bowl or two.Marino with or without a super bowl ring should go down as the greatest qb ever.There are players that dont play a down all year long and have a super bowl ring.Football is a team sport.No one man can win a game by himself.You have to have a great team.The 49ers had a better team not qb.IMO Montana is the most over rated qb ever.

fish fan 4 life said:
I think Young and Montana where both way over rated.Marino is a way better qb then both.Marino is always listed behind Montana when talking about the greatest qb ever.Sure he dont have any rings and thats what everyone wants to measure there arguement on.Well my freinds if we are going to judge a qb by superbowl wins then Terry Bradshaw is the best ever and if we judge by numbers i think we all no who wins.Dan never had the talent the 49ers did.Montana and Young both had the greatest wr ever Jerry Rice to throw the ball 2.Young had Owens and Rice.As much as i love Clayton and Duper they dont even come close to Owens and Rice.Montana also had the 1st rb ever to post 1,000 yards rushing and rec in the same season.How many 1,000 backs did Marino have?In all the years Marino was here we never had a rb as good as Roger Craig.If you put Marino on the 49ers in the 80's and 90's i think the 49ers would have won another super bowl or two.Marino with or without a super bowl ring should go down as the greatest qb ever.There are players that dont play a down all year long and have a super bowl ring.Football is a team sport.No one man can win a game by himself.You have to have a great team.The 49ers had a better team not qb.IMO Montana is the most over rated qb ever.
AGREE!

like Bill Walsh once said Montana was a product of the system, but Danny was the system. somewhere in those lines.

013 said:
either way, i have always held to the belief that Young rode Montana's coat tails and reaped the benefits of what montana and walsh built until it petered out...t

I think that is true.It was the system that made the Niner QBs stars just as it is the system that made Tom Brady a star.Walsh was the guiding force to the niners success just as Belichick is the guiding force to Bradys successs and just like Saban will be the guiding force that makes ----------(Fill in the blank) a success.

BTW Have a great trip to the HOF .:)

Young and Montana were so good that they had to be accounted for in a game or they would surely beat you.

Marino was so good that you could spend all week concentrating on coming up with something to limit him and he would still usually beat you.

Marino had no talent?

He only had the best offensive line in the league and the best center ever in front of him for 10 years! Lets not forget that Duper and Clayton were in the top 5 recievers of the NFL during their prime - Possibly the 2nd best punter in the late great Reggie Roby so field position was good. The best coach there ever was..................

I'm a Dolphin through and through but some of you guys make it sound like Marino used to play with a bunch of donkeys and have one arm tied around his bollox!

The bare fact is that to rate the greatest quarterback, the first thing you would ask is - how many Super Bowls did he win? 0

It hurts me as much as you guys but never say he had no talent to work with - the Dolphins had plenty of talent in every department during '84, '85, '86!

If you were to ask me - Who is the best pure passer the NFL has ever seen? Hands down Marino

But for me, Montana is the most complete QUARTERBACK to ever play the game that I have seen plenty of footage of - I cant really comment on Unitas and Baugh as I have not seen as much footage of these guys.

And remember - this is my opinion and I respect yours!

Cheers

Teenwolf said:
The bare fact is that to rate the greatest quarterback, the first thing you would ask is - how many Super Bowls did he win? 0

No it isn't. Using that to rate the greatest QB would make Dilfer a better QB than Marino. Football is a team sport. You stated Marino had talent around him but not one of the talents you mentioned were defense.

fins4o8 said:
like Bill Walsh once said Montana was a product of the system, but Danny was the system. somewhere in those lines.
Totally on the mark! Nothing but mad love for Dan, unlike those fools on ESPN!
Montana would have been an average quarterback in miami, so Salisbury and the haters can go ............each other! By the way did you hear Salisfairy today, all he talked about were the other enshrinees, no love for Dan. Like Dan said "salisbury couldn't throw the football into the ocean standing on the beach." Ha Ha!

Hey weeny teeny, don't be posting your stupidity on the eve of a great day for us DOLFANS! Can't wait to meet your disrespecting *** live, BIIIITCH!

Cheers[/QUOTE]

grendel said:
Hey weeny teeny, don't be posting your stupidity on the eve of a great day for us DOLFANS! Can't wait to meet your disrespecting *** live, BIIIITCH!

Cheers
[/QUOTE]

:shakeno:

The guy was just posting his opinion, which is kinda the whole point of this message board. Whether you agree with it or not, whatever...dont flame the guy for saying what he thinks, and especially dont talk that kind of crap to him about it. The less of this crap on this site, the better it is for everyone.

It hurts me as much as you guys but never say he had no talent to work with - the Dolphins had plenty of talent in every department during '84, '85, '86!
Marino had talent on the team in some spots. Montana had a complete team!! Miami still had no real RB and the defense was already going south. Look at the total points allowed in those years.

I have another thing to say. How many SB's would Miami have been in if the defense simply could have stopped Thurman Thomas? And by stop I mean giving up 90 yards or less a game. Face it, the defense lost Miami all those chances of winning a SB.

why is young going to the hall of fame i beleave they should have waited a lil longer till they brought him in do any of u agree

Back
Top Bottom