Young core | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young core

ugadolfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
E12242D2-DCC2-4EC7-8ED8-AC27577FDAE1.jpeg
The early returns are Grier absolutely crushed the off-season with acquisitions like Tyreek, Armstead, and Connor Williams (great blocker so far, needs to continue to work on his snap placement).

But it’s guys like the 3 listed above that are going to make us a consistently good team for the future. And this isn’t even including a lot of the other guys who have me excited.

View attachment 119307
The early returns are Grier absolutely crushed the off-season with acquisitions like Tyreek, Armstead, and Connor Williams (great blocker so far, needs to continue to work on his snap placement).

But it’s guys like the 3 listed above that are going to make us a consistently good team for the future. And this isn’t even including a lot of the other guys who have me excited.

With salary cap, can't keep many of them, but, yeah, the tend is good

View attachment 119307

I plan to really enjoy the next few years because sooner or later the Dolphins are going to have to pay these young players a lot of money to remain in Miami and that will make it a lot harder to keep some of the veteran players who are big contributors on this team now.

Tua will also be signing a huge contract in the next two years and that contract is going to eat up a lot of the salary cap in the future.

Look at Robert Hunt! I love it

He’s been a starter for us for two full seasons. Ever graded comparable to this? Sure is nice to have coaches who coach.

So, this time last year it seemed that Grier was going to strike out with the pick of Tua, Jackson, and Iggy. Today, Tua looks like a QB for the next 15 years. Jackson looks like a rotational player on the OL with positional flexibility which is REALLY IMPORTANT in the NFL today. And Iggy... well, Iggy looks like a future Walmart greeter this time next year. But, like Meat Loaf once said; "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" (That one was for you, Danny)

Last edited:
I'll hold my assessment till we can get good game from both sides of the ball in a single game. Game 1- defense, Game 2 Offense (in the 4th) Game 3 - mostly defense (when it counted) . I'm honestly being picky but just feel like "we're for real" just in spurts. I'm going to trust the process and McDaniel because it does take time go get a new system running smoothly.

Look at Robert Hunt! I love it

He’s been a starter for us for two full seasons. Ever graded comparable to this? Sure is nice to have coaches who coach.
I believe he had a 100 at TE last season but those plans landed on its head.

Back
Top Bottom