Young Knicks reportedly rip fired coach Brown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young Knicks reportedly rip fired coach Brown

djfresh47 said:
The Knicks have talent but I don't think it fits together well. Their draft class from last year when I seen them play they played well. Why did Isiah trade for Francis? New York, IMO has alot of guys who need the ball in their hand to be effective but because they're a selfish team they will fail. Channing Frye I think can be a very good player in the league and David Lee can be a top-notch 6th man who brings energy but everybody else on the team I view as selfish and guys who would rather score 20 and lose than score 10 and have 5 assists and win.
Oh there's no denying it totally doesnt fit together. Its a bunch of guys that need the ball to be effective and little to no effort on d from most of the players.

As far as Francis; my only possible insight is that isiah felt he could buy low and sell high? Possibly trade marbury for a shot blocking big that they need? Other than that theres no logical answer.

Frye I expect 17-8 from next year and i think eventually he could progress to 20-10. Hes got a Duncan-esque bank from the wing but his post game needs to get stronger. He showed up at summer camp at 260 about 15lbs heavier and supposedly a lot of muscle which im happy to hear cause we need any good news right now :)

Totally agree on Lee. Lee is also very basketball savvy when you watch him. A lot of bigs cant hanle the ball and cant make the proper passes but lee almost always swings to the open man doesnt force ball movement and doesnt hold it for 10 minutes while trying to make a decision.

I wouldnt call everyone selfish;crawford (who showed A LOT of improvement under Brown in shot selection and D), Q (who played hurt all year and fully bought in even though it hurt his personal stats), Jackie Butler, Frye, and Malik Rose are not selfish. Selfish boils down to Marbury and Curry. Marbury still wont fight over the pick and rolls and he'd rather pout than get back in transition. Curry refuses to show up in shape which leads to early season struggles, benchings and other assorted BS. When Curry finally does get in shape hes still too damn lazy to move his feet rather then get cheap fouls reaching or by bellying people (in other words his gut causes contact and cheap fouls). Those 2 are cancers. Id trade em both at this point for a can of rat poo and a half eaten twinkie so curry would have something to eat on his way out the door. The disturbing part is both can be really good when they shut up and play.

Francis was traded for because Brown begged Isiah and Dolan to get him.

I'm not a Knick fan, but I think that the young players are the only ones that have a right to complain.

When the Knicks went on a little winning streak in early January, or for that matter whenever they won, they played their best when Frye,Robinson/Crawford/Ariza,Lee,and Butler were in the game. Their young players were their best line-up, and Brown went away from that because he doesn't like rookies.

As great has Brown is/was, his weakness is adjusting his style to his players strengths. You have to play his way, but in reality it needs to go both ways; both coach and player need to adjust their style. Look no further than the last Olympics for proof that Larry doesn't adjust.

ChambersWI said:
Francis was traded for because Brown begged Isiah and Dolan to get him.

I'm not a Knick fan, but I think that the young players are the only ones that have a right to complain.

When the Knicks went on a little winning streak in early January, or for that matter whenever they won, they played their best when Frye,Robinson/Crawford/Ariza,Lee,and Butler were in the game. Their young players were their best line-up, and Brown went away from that because he doesn't like rookies.

As great has Brown is/was, his weakness is adjusting his style to his players strengths. You have to play his way, but in reality it needs to go both ways; both coach and player need to adjust their style. Look no further than the last Olympics for proof that Larry doesn't adjust.
Thats totally correct. The other part of that is that Steph played Browns way during that streak and actually tried to play d and did a decent job on the perimeter for a change.

Back
Top Bottom