Young Running Backs Making Strides | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young Running Backs Making Strides

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
patrick-laird-of-the-miami-dolphins-practices-during-the-third-week-picture-id1146871940

The stats on the roster serve as evidence that the Dolphins have a very young group of running backs, but there’s also a lot of talent there.

The preseason opener against the Atlanta Falcons served as a pretty good showcase.

The Dolphins spread out the workload in the running game in their 34-27 victory at Hard Rock Stadium, with four backs getting six rushing attempts and Kenyan Drake getting four.

More importantly, all the running backs who got their hands on the ball contributed to the offensive output.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/young-running-backs-making-strides-kenyan-drake-kalen-ballage

I want to see if Ballage can be more physical and more decisive. I think he's more of a finesse type back, but he does have intriguing size and maybe with better coaching he improves between the tackles. Without Gore in Miami I think that is a primary area of need.

I think Patrick Laird has the makings of a legit sleeper.

Would have had the fastest 20 yard shuttle at the combine

if invited... Kid showed excellent burst on the 20 yard gain.

Also set RB receiving record @Cal.

Gotta watch him more...

Better drop that pad level.

It smells so much like better athlete than pure football player

It’s how you get drafted in the 4th round despite elite test scores

Im gonna get labeled a hater (which is nothing new) but I think laird is a solid college rb who athletically doesn’t cut the mustard at the pro level.

I’d bet he’s 3 years or less in the pros if he gets that far barring special teams impact play.

Ballage has versatility, while we bitch about his physicality, if we can’t utilize his skills someone will. I bet the same with Gesicki

Well I love walk ons, UDFAs and underdogs.

I see a kid that plays with passion and gets every ounce out of what he's got.

Personally I hope he makes it. Should be a solid candidate for PS IMO.

Cracking the roster this year... Lots of competition.

But the kid has certainly risen to the challenge in the past.

:)

Well I love walk ons, UDFAs and underdogs.

I see a kid that plays with passion and gets every ounce out of what he's got.

Personally I hope he makes it. Should be a solid candidate for PS IMO.

Cracking the roster this year... Lots of competition.

But the kid has certainly risen to the challenge in the past.

:)
I thought Laird was impressive the first pre season game. As Flores stated, it’s all about consistency.

I want to see if Ballage can be more physical and more decisive. I think he's more of a finesse type back, but he does have intriguing size and maybe with better coaching he improves between the tackles. Without Gore in Miami I think that is a primary area of need.
His position coach is same from last year.

Am I the only one concerned about DRAKE's pass protection or lack thereof? He should be better but he sure looked lost the couple times I noticed him "attempting" to pass protect. He HAS to improve in that department or we're going to be seeing more of BALLAGE & the boys. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom