Young Shula or Young Noll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young Shula or Young Noll

Namor

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Who does Saban remind you more of,Shula or Chuck Noll?

Namor said:

Shula and (I believe) Noll started coaching at a much earlier age than Saban. Saban is 53 or 54 if I remember correctly. Shula was in his mid-30's. Saban's young in terms of NFL Head Coaching experience but he's been around the coaching block for a while now. I don't think that this is a very accurate comparison. :shakeno:

Namor said:

More of a young Shula, IMO. Saban has the same strict rules for his players and coaches, he feeds the press what he wants them to know, and he (this is the best part) has a vision for the future.

Terry Bradshaw would visit with Saban at LSU last year when Nick was
being offered the Bears job.Terry said Nick reminded him so much of
Chuck Noll it was uncanny.

Mistake

Dont ever compare Saban with Shula or Noll, Saban has been great in college, We have no idea what he can do in the NFL ! Until he wins 2 Superbowls. Dont ever bring up that comparison. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Namor said:

Shula, because Once Knoll's great players left him, he was not as successful, but Saban like Shula has proven to lose players, go to new teams, and still continue to be successful where ever he went. Also Saban has the same temperament that made Shula famous (without the Iron Jaw....of course).

Shula, because they both coached the best football organization in the galaxy, the MIAMI DOLPHINS.

Not knowing that much about Chuck Noll and following ONLY the Dolphins, I would have to say Shula.

Back
Top Bottom