Your All-Pro team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your All-Pro team

burger13

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Saw this on another board and thought it was a good way to pass the time.....make whatever kind of team you want....2 TE, 3 WR, 4-3, 3-4, whatever:

QB-D.Culpepper
RB-L.Tomlinson
WR-T.Owens
WR-R.Moss
WR-T.Holt
TE-T.Gonzalez
LT-W.Jones
LG-A.Faneca
C-L.Bentley
RG-B.Waters
RT-R.Gallery

LE-J.Peppers
DT-M.Stroud
DT-V.Wilfork
RE-J.Taylor
OLB-T.Spikes
MLB-Z.Thomas
OLB-J.Peterson
CB-S.Springs
CB-D.Robinson
FS-B.Dawkins
SS-E.Reed

popularwar said:
I think Dunta Robinson --as good as he will be-- is far too young to be on this list. Let him prove himself first.

I understand that there are a good number of corners in the league that are better than Robinson right now.....but I love having young guys on my team and last year, he was the best young corner I'd seen in a long time.

burger13 said:
I understand that there are a good number of corners in the league that are better than Robinson right now.....but I love having young guys on my team and last year, he was the best young corner I'd seen in a long time.
Good friend of mine is a Texans fan, he goes on and on about how Dunta should have been DROTY. I really like him too, he played very well which is an accomplishment with the Texans' D-Line.

Not a bad list. I'd take out the overrated Culpepper and the Dolphins you have on D that are past their primes but other than that it's pretty good.

popularwar said:
Good friend of mine is a Texans fan, he goes on and on about how Dunta should have been DROTY. I really like him too, he played very well which is an accomplishment with the Texans' D-Line.
The right guy won the DROY.

nyjunc said:
The right guy won the DROY.

No he didn't. Robinson should of won the DROY because he played better then what Vilma played.

PhinDude88 said:
No he didn't. Robinson should of won the DROY because he played better then what Vilma played.

He did? Vilma was one of the best players on one of the best D's in football, Dunta had a good year and picked up some INTs but didn't do near as much as Vilma did for the Jets.

nyjunc said:
He did? Vilma was one of the best players on one of the best D's in football, Dunta had a good year and picked up some INTs but didn't do near as much as Vilma did for the Jets.

I am sure that if you ask football experts, alot of guys will say that Robinson shoud of won it. He had like 85 tackles, 6 int and 3 sacks. Now i dont know the voting % of the DROY, but i bet that Robinson was pretty close to Vilma in it.

albyfinfan said:
i love ZT, but i would take ray lewis at MLB over ZT anyday

If I were just straight up picking the best player, then I would have taken Ray too.....but I definately played favorites in picking this. :D

I made sure that if I put Zach in there.....he would have every chance to succeed. I gave him two manmouth DT's who can eat up blockers, a physical force at strongside LB in Spikes, and a WLB who can cover ANYONE in Peterson. Zach just has to go sideline-to-sideline adn tackle everything. Lewis is more of a playmaker AND makes everyone around him better, but in this defense, Zach has exactly what I want out of the MLB position.

PhinDude88 said:
I am sure that if you ask football experts, alot of guys will say that Robinson shoud of one it. He had like 85 tackles, 6 int and 3 sacks. Now i dont know the voting % of the DROY, but i bet that Robinson was pretty close to Vilma in it.

I didn't say he wasn't a worthy candidate but the right guy one it. It would have been hard to argue if Robinson had won it as he did enough to be a serious candidate as well but factoring in the #s as well as the fact Vilma was a key to an amazing defensive turnaround push him past him in my opinion.

nyjunc said:
Not a bad list. I'd take out the overrated Culpepper and the Dolphins you have on D that are past their primes but other than that it's pretty good.

Culpepper is definately not overrated. People love to say that Moss made him, but take a look at what he did when Moss was injured/out last year....still tore it up. Of course Moss would help any QB, and Culpepper will miss him, but he'll still be all-pro material.

Zach may be just past his prime, but still the best at what he does (see above). BTW - my next two MLB's would have been Lewis and then Vilma (I HATE that the Jets got him).

As for Taylor, he played hurt most of last year, but was still a disruptive force. People like to say that Freeney is better, but he's not there yet. He may be JT's equal as a pass rusher (I'm not convinced, but I'll entertain it)...but is all around game isn't at JT's level yet. Simeon Rice would be the next pick there.

Brady
Tomlinson
Owens
Moss
Chad Johnson
Gates
Ogden
Faneca
Mawae
Shields
Pace

Freeney