Ricky Henderson

Rotation:
  1. Nolan Ryan
  2. Roger Clemens
  3. Bob Gibson
  4. Sandy Koufax
  5. Cy Young
Closer: Mariano Rivera

I know i probably left out a lot of great players but its hard to think of all the greatest players and put them on a team, whats yours?

Soriano is barely an All-Star now... Other than that its a decent team, Cal at 3rd is a little strange also.

I see what your saying Greemonster but at the pace Soriano is at, he's going to shatter every second baseman record (offensively) easily. I think that's why he went with Soriano!

I hope your joking about Griffey being in Centerfield, I know alot of people have an unhealthy obsession with the guy (admittedly he's a GREAT guy) but no way in holy hell can you put him in that roster and leave out guys like Mays, Aaron or Mantle.

Cmon now..

FaninPatsyLand said:
I hope your joking about Griffey being in Centerfield, I know alot of people have an unhealthy obsession with the guy (admittedly he's a GREAT guy) but no way in holy hell can you put him in that roster and leave out guys like Mays, Aaron or Mantle.

Cmon now..

i picked the Griffey on the Mariners he was a beat their

Nothing wrong with Griffey as your choice (at least the Seattle Griffey). When you combine defense and offense Willie is the only one who can match Griffey. Mantle and AAron had the bats to match Griffey but he would have ran laps around them in the outfield, especially Mantle who took 20 minutes to hobble around the bases when he hit a homerun (he has one of my favorite homerun trots in the history of baseball)!

Jt0323 said:
i picked the Griffey on the Mariners he was a beat their

Griffey shouldn't even be the bat boy on that team let alone the center fiedler.

Ever hear of JOE DIAMAGGIO?!!!!! Any list without Joe D isn't a list its just a bunch of names.

And Cal Ripken at 3B? He played 3B at the end of his career when he SUCKED! Ever hear of Mike Schmidt, Jackie Robinson, among many others..

MikeO said:
Griffey shouldn't even be the bat boy on that team let alone the center fiedler.

Ever hear of JOE DIAMAGGIO?!!!!! Any list without Joe D isn't a list its just a bunch of names.

And Cal Ripken at 3B? He played 3B at the end of his career when he SUCKED! Ever hear of Mike Schmidt, Jackie Robinson, among many others..

Read this
Jt0323 said:
I know i probably left out a lot of great players but its hard to think of all the greatest players and put them on a team,

Line up:

1st Base: Lou Gehrig
- 6 time All Star, 2 time MVP, lifetime .340 hitter and had over 40 homers five times.

2nd Base:
Rogers Hornsby - 2 time MVP, hit over .400 three times (including .424 in 1924), 7 batting titles and had a career .359 batting average.

Sort Stop:
Ernie Banks - 15 time All Star, 2 times MVP, hit over 40 homers 5 times and had 512 career homers and was a .274 career hitter.

3rd Base:
Mike Schmidt - 12 time All Star, 2 time MVP, 10 time gold glover, led the league in homers 8 times and had 548 career homers.

Catcher:
Johnny Bench - 14 time All Star, 2 time MVP, 10 time Gold glover.

Right Field:
Babe Ruth - A career .342 hitter, lead the league in homers 12 times, hit over 50 homers four times, led the league in RBI six times, had over 150 RBI five times. Incidentially, he would be a hell of a relief pitcher.

Center Field:
Willie Mays - A 20 time All Star,2 time MVP, led the league in homers 4 times, was a career .302 hitter and hit 660 homers.

Left Fielder:
Ted Williams - The last man to hit .400, considered the greatest hitter to ever live, a lifetime .344 hitter, 17 time All Star, 2 time MVP, led the league in average 6 times, homers 4 times and RBI 4 times and won the Triple Crown twice. He had 521 career home runs. Think about what his numbers would have looked like if he had not missed 4 season due to military service.

Pitchers:

Left handed starter:
Sandy Koufax - Only pitched 12 years. 3 Cy Youngs, 6 time All Star, 1963 MVP, Led the league in ERA from 1962-66, led the league in wins 3 times, led the league in strikeouts 6 times and had a career .95 ERA in four career World Series.

In 1966, at the age of thirty he was 27-5, 1.73 ERA, 317 K's (only 77 BB), 5 shutouts and 27 complete games (he led the league in all those categories) and then retired...talk about going out on a high note.

Right handed starter: Bob Gibson - 8 time All Star, 1968 MVP, 2 time Cy Young winner and 9 Gold Gloves

In 1968 he might have had the greatest season ever for a pitcher. 22-9, with 28 complete games, 13 shutouts, 268 K's( 62 BB) and an ERA of 1.12.

Closer: Mariano Rivera - His postseason statistics are stunning. In 70 appearences he 17-6, 0.75 ERA, 32 saves and in 108 innings has given up 9 earned runs.

MikeO said:

Ever heard of Willie Mays? You can say "Any list without Joe D isn't a list its just a bunch of names." until you are blue in the face...but if we are picking one centerfielder it is Willie Mays and then a bunch of guys.

unifiedtheory said:
Line up:

1st Base: Lou Gehrig - 6 time All Star, 2 time MVP, lifetime .340 hitter and had over 40 homers five times.

2nd Base: Rogers Hornsby - 2 time MVP, hit over .400 three times (including .424 in 1924), 7 batting titles and had a career .359 batting average.

Sort Stop: Ernie Banks - 15 time All Star, 2 times MVP, hit over 40 homers 5 times and had 512 career homers and was a .274 career hitter.

3rd Base: Mike Schmidt - 12 time All Star, 2 time MVP, 10 time gold glover, led the league in homers 8 times and had 548 career homers.

Catcher: Johnny Bench - 14 time All Star, 2 time MVP, 10 time Gold glover.

Right Field: Babe Ruth - A career .342 hitter, lead the league in homers 12 times, hit over 50 homers four times, led the league in RBI six times, had over 150 RBI five times. Incidentially, he would be a hell of a relief pitcher.

Center Field: Willie Mays - A 20 time All Star,2 time MVP, led the league in homers 4 times, was a career .302 hitter and hit 660 homers.

Left Fielder: Ted Williams - The last man to hit .400, considered the greatest hitter to ever live, a lifetime .344 hitter, 17 time All Star, 2 time MVP, led the league in average 6 times, homers 4 times and RBI 4 times and won the Triple Crown twice. He had 521 career home runs. Think about what his numbers would have looked like if he had not missed 4 season due to military service.

Pitchers:

Left handed starter: Sandy Koufax - Only pitched 12 years. 3 Cy Youngs, 6 time All Star, 1963 MVP, Led the league in ERA from 1962-66, led the league in wins 3 times, led the league in strikeouts 6 times and had a career .95 ERA in four career World Series.

In 1966, at the age of thirty he was 27-5, 1.73 ERA, 317 K's (only 77 BB), 5 shutouts and 27 complete games (he led the league in all those categories) and then retired...talk about going out on a high note.

Right handed starter: Bob Gibson - 8 time All Star, 1968 MVP, 2 time Cy Young winner and 9 Gold Gloves

In 1968 he might have had the greatest season ever for a pitcher. 22-9, with 28 complete games, 13 shutouts, 268 K's( 62 BB) and an ERA of 1.12.

Closer: Mariano Rivera - His postseason statistics are stunning. In 70 appearences he 17-6, 0.75 ERA, 32 saves and in 108 innings has given up 9 earned runs.

nice team, and nice reason on why u picked them

Cal Ripken at 3rd???:lol:

SORRY, but Mike Schmidt was the best overall 3rd baseman ever.

Roman529 said:
Cal Ripken at 3rd???:lol:

SORRY, but Mike Schmidt was the best overall 3rd baseman ever.

I'm going to be opening up a HUGE can of worms but why doesn't anyone include ARod as their SS or 3rd baseman? In my opinion he'll have a better career then both Erine Banks and Mike Schmidt.

I'm also suprised that no one mentioned Hank Aaron. Other pitchers who could get some consideration would have to be Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez (1998 to 2000 might have been the best back to back pitching seasons in the history of baseball he was downright nasty), and Greg Maddux. Of course I'm very old school so what about Walter Johnson or S. Paige?

Ray Finkle said:
I'm going to be opening up a HUGE can of worms but why doesn't anyone include ARod as their SS or 3rd baseman? In my opinion he'll have a better career then both Erine Banks and Mike Schmidt
Ray Finkle said:

I'm also suprised that no one mentioned Hank Aaron. Other pitchers who could get some consideration would have to be Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez (1998 to 2000 might have been the best back to back pitching seasons in the history of baseball he was downright nasty), and Greg Maddux. Of course I'm very old school so what about Walter Johnson or S. Paige?

Sorry but A-Rod has been a Shortstop most of his career and he is no where near the fielder that Schmidt was at 3rd base.

Back
Top Bottom