Your back up QB wishlist for next year? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your back up QB wishlist for next year?

College Football GIF by WVU Sports

Hopefully Jake Luton can be developed into a decent back up saves signing a more expensive veteran back up Q

Daniel Jones. I can see the NY Giants owner, John Mara completely freaking out about this season and making a very big splash to lure a big name like Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson with a new GM to the Big Apple. All of this would probably make Daniel Jones available and the prospect that he may look to resurrect his career as a backup QB in the same way that Tannehill did in Tennessee. Danny Dimes has talent but has made too many mistakes to satisfy an entitled owner who demands perfection.

Heineken is playing well like Tua. I do nt see Redskins moving from him..it his jobs too losed..
Hey Jar Jar Binks. Wanna try implementing this new fad called spell check? We’re kinda tired of trying to decipher your click whistle beep posts. Signed…everyone.

Go Away No GIF by phlywheel

I have to laugh because you point out with a better backup we might have won a game or two and been in better playoff position, then ask if that is better for the trajectory of the season?

Um...yes? The point of a season is to make the playoffs. Winning 1 or 2 more games is incredibly valuable.

Have the phins really sunk so low that the point of the season is to make the playoffs? I always thought it was to win the super bowl.

To me going 9-7 vs 8-8 this season means nothing in the grand scheme of things other than the fans and coach being able to feel a bit better about themselves and the GM not being too embarrassed about trading his first rounder. This team wasn't going to contend for a championship with the worst or best backup available. Why I refer to it as a security blanket is because the coach sees it as a floor raiser, a way to make themselves look a little better with a team that can't contend.

If you're measuring production on the field the Taysom Hill contract is absolutely ridiculous. That deal will hinder the team in its efforts to rebuild and contend during his tenure there. And yet it does server to provide a baseline, a minimum level of production that Payton knows he can get from the position. Have a few things go right and he could sneak into the playoffs with Hill as a starter. The fact that Hill as a super bowl caliber starting QB is a laughable concept isn't a concern.

If this team is going to contend its going to contend with Tua.

Tua doesn’t need an expensive vet backup. That’s money that can be better spent building him a brick wall imo.

Find a cheap QB in draft or poach a PS QB that ran the RPO in college and learn from Tua in practice. If Tua misses time on IR with injuries again in 2022, then we have bigger problems and we have to sign a QB off the street anyway.

I’m rooting for Tua, I honestly am. Would like nothing more than him to be the guy.

That said I think this owner will likely try and trade for Watson, Rodgers or Wilson. If that happens Tua’s still cheap so I think theres a realistic possibly he’s our backup, unless we can get something for him.

I’m still concorned ownership will ruin the relationship with Tua and we won’t land a qb in a trade and our starter will be one of the many guys people are mentioning as backups next year (i.e. Teddy 2 gloves).

Tua doesn’t need an expensive vet backup. That’s money that can be better spent building him a brick wall imo.

Find a cheap QB in draft or poach a PS QB that ran the RPO in college and learn from Tua in practice. If Tua misses time on IR with injuries again in 2022, then we have bigger problems and we have to sign a QB off the street anyway.
Tua may not need a good back up, but the Dolphins do.

I'd pick one in the draft as early as the 2nd round...

You would pick a back up QB in the second round? Over a wide receiver, olinemen, or linebacker, that we desperately need? Thankfully even Grier isn’t that dumb.

Back
Top Bottom