Your back up QB wishlist for next year? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your back up QB wishlist for next year?

You would pick a back up QB in the second round? Over a wide receiver, olinemen, or linebacker, that we desperately need? Thankfully even Grier isn’t that dumb.
It's true that we cut too deep the beginning of the year with expectorations of better play from most of our second year OL-men. This means we demonstrated that we could bring in some fair to good OL-men in FA when we used Free Agency.

We are never to getting everything we need in the 1st 2 rounds yet, so we really need to evaluate the draft in order to pick the best players we can for some positions of need and then let FA take care of the rest.

We need to consider cost when we decide which positions to use our draft picks on. I suspect we can get better OL men in FA than we can QB's, and QB's are more expensive in FA then Offensive linemen.

By the end of this season, we will know how well our OL is really playing, and we can make adjustments from there. Just think of what will happen to our players eligible for FA and the increase in contract costs for established players if we make it to the Superbowl!

You would pick a back up QB in the second round? Over a wide receiver, olinemen, or linebacker, that we desperately need? Thankfully even Grier isn’t that dumb.
Thankfully Grier is a genius.... He's been fixing this trash OL with draft picks for 3 years now, how has that worked out? Drafting for urgent needs is like relying on the lotto to pay your monthly bills.

Thankfully Grier is a genius.... He's been fixing this trash OL with draft picks for 3 years now, how has that worked out? Drafting for urgent needs is like relying on the lotto to pay your monthly bills.
That's how the NFL is structured - don't blame the messenger - LOL

If we going keep Tua..we going need good backup plan....someone who can keep us in afc east race..say Tua miss 3 to 5 games a yr..u probably need spend about 5 to 7 million on backup qb...guy like mat Moore type.will do job..afc east will be interesting...if dolphins do there part..it should be 3 team race for first place in 2022.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind grabbing a young project QB to develope in round 5or 6.
Mariota, will command roughly 7-8 mill a year. While a 5-6th round pick would be pennies.

I wouldn't mind grabbing a young project QB to develope in round 5or 6.
Mariota, will command roughly 7-8 mill a year. While a 5-6th round pick would be pennies.
I think u need spend that 7 or 8 million. Next yr u cannot afford lose game in afc east..might be different between. Making playoff and not making playoff

Last edited:
I want Tua to be the starter but based on his salary if they decide to move on to Watson Wilson and that team doesn't want him back and we can't get a first for him there is a way that he is the backup next year

I want Tua to be the starter but based on his salary if they decide to move on to Watson Wilson and that team doesn't want him back and we can't get a first for him there is a way that he is the backup next year
Tua worth first rd pick. If team got patient and willing to invest 2 yr.they might strike goal. If flo and dolphins are committed to Tua.. he will be top 15 to 20 in nfl.. somewhere around that area. Is that good enough..idk.

Last I read, his career is probably over.

Mariota and Minshew aren't signing anywhere to be a straight backup. They are going places they have a chance to start.

Mariota I believe wanted out this past offseason but the Raiders wouldn't let it happen.
Well unfortunately for them, there’s not going to be a ton of starting opportunities.

Mariota has seen first hand how a starter can get hurt, backup qb comes in and plays well and parlays that into a new deal. Maybe that sounds like a possibility to him here. Also Tua looked up to him when he was young iirc

What is this post lol

If we trade for Watson in the off season I'll be beyond furious
We can build around Tua and win a Super Bowl.
This Watson garbage can't go away soon enough. So Tua can focus on being our franchise QB.

Mariota and Minshew may look at Tuas injury history and want to come here so they have a chance to start some games in their mind.
Well, we now realize we need better than a Brisset. Tua's injury wasn't his fault, it was our awful blocking.
But, we should get a solid back up just in case.

Back
Top Bottom