Your back up QB wishlist for next year? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your back up QB wishlist for next year?

Have the phins really sunk so low that the point of the season is to make the playoffs? I always thought it was to win the super bowl.

To me going 9-7 vs 8-8 this season means nothing in the grand scheme of things other than the fans and coach being able to feel a bit better about themselves and the GM not being too embarrassed about trading his first rounder. This team wasn't going to contend for a championship with the worst or best backup available. Why I refer to it as a security blanket is because the coach sees it as a floor raiser, a way to make themselves look a little better with a team that can't contend.

If you're measuring production on the field the Taysom Hill contract is absolutely ridiculous. That deal will hinder the team in its efforts to rebuild and contend during his tenure there. And yet it does server to provide a baseline, a minimum level of production that Payton knows he can get from the position. Have a few things go right and he could sneak into the playoffs with Hill as a starter. The fact that Hill as a super bowl caliber starting QB is a laughable concept isn't a concern.

If this team is going to contend its going to contend with Tua.

You can't win a superbowl during the season.

The point of the season is to get into the playoffs. The point of the playoffs is to win the superbowl.

Joking aside did we really give Reid Sinnett a chance, some people on here this year wanted him starting over Brisset when Tua went down
I was one of those guys.

I thought he did well in his appearances before the beginning of the season.

Is Minshew a free agent? Wouldn’t mind his guts. Or would love to draft one in the early rounds. Someone we can groom as good as a starter. Just worried about Tua’s health

Is Minshew a free agent? Wouldn’t mind his guts. Or would love to draft one in the early rounds. Someone we can groom as good as a starter. Just worried about Tua’s health
We probably could've traded a 6th for him prior to his game yesterday. Doubtful now. Teams dont let go of young back-ups that come in and win. Minshew's price just went way up.

Back
Top Bottom