Your Best-case Scenario For 2019 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by SF Dolphin Fan, Apr 6, 2019.

1. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I have a strong feeling that Haskins will be a really good player in the NFL, perhaps top 10 among quarterbacks. I still think he goes to the NYG, but if they pass it could get interesting. If that happens, Miami could trade up.

On NFL Network, Bucky Brooks was asked how he'd rank Jones with the quarterback class of 2018. He said fourth, ahead of Rosen and Jackson. That's an interesting take from someone who was a scout. That one scares me because Jones's talent doesn't jump off the screen like Murray or Haskins. Would the Dolphins take Jones?

Fitzpatrick seems like a very odd fit for Miami in terms of his style. Seems like the opposite of a NE type offense. But, the Dolphins do have some really impressive speed at wide receiver with Wilson, Grant and Stills. Agree, that will be interesting to watch.

2. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Mentioned it elsewhere, but this is where Fitzpatrick makes sense. He'll give the receivers opportunities to make plays.

SF Dolphin Fan likes this.
  3. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

Absolutely. I took the resigning of Devante Parker as an indictment of Ryan Tannehill. It communicated, "We need to do further assessment on whether you are good or not knowing full well that the person throwing you the ball had serious limitations." It's also my tinfoil hat theory as to why Parker resigned with an organization despite a poor history with them.

You put an inexperienced QB out there and you are stuck in neutral with assessments we need sooner rather than later on players like Gesicki, Parker, and rookies. This way when a rookie takes over next season they step into a position with (hopefully) less question marks around him.

j-off-her-doll likes this.
  4. dougb123

dougb123 Well-Known Member

Best to try to move down, Raiders with 3 picks in the 1st round would seem ideal....trade pick 13 for 24 and 35

Forced to pick at 13 take Jonah Williams and plug him in at RT
    take best DE DT CB FS available with the 2nd
    3rd or 4th needs to be another offensive lineman

Dolphins need to fix the offensive line in preparation for new QB in 2020, don't make the same mistake we made with Tannehill and have him run for his life from the get go.
    Fix the offensive line 1st then look to the defense, try to keep the offense on the field
    also need to find new back to take Gore's spot, I don't believe he is on the team right now 5'9 - 5'10 power back - up the middle

SF Dolphin Fan likes this.