Your Best-case Scenario For 2019 Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Best-case Scenario For 2019 Draft

Best case scenario for me is the Dolphins somehow winding up with Haskins, then going with WR and OL the rest of the draft. I think Haskins is going to be good, and I don't buy all of the "Lock is better than him" talk lately. Could be one of the rare moments a quality talent actually gets into range for Miami because of a small sample size/hype for 2020.

Barring that, as I do think Haskins will be picked before Miami has a shot, I'd love this team to go heavy on offense to build a situation that a rookie 2020 QB can step into next year and flourish.

One thing that I am pretty excited about is seeing how our WRs and TEs do with Fitzpatrick this year, including any rookies we nab. It will be very telling if any of them fail, because Fitzpatrick's gunslinger ways makes even marginal talents suddenly look capable.
I have a strong feeling that Haskins will be a really good player in the NFL, perhaps top 10 among quarterbacks. I still think he goes to the NYG, but if they pass it could get interesting. If that happens, Miami could trade up.

On NFL Network, Bucky Brooks was asked how he'd rank Jones with the quarterback class of 2018. He said fourth, ahead of Rosen and Jackson. That's an interesting take from someone who was a scout. That one scares me because Jones's talent doesn't jump off the screen like Murray or Haskins. Would the Dolphins take Jones?

Fitzpatrick seems like a very odd fit for Miami in terms of his style. Seems like the opposite of a NE type offense. But, the Dolphins do have some really impressive speed at wide receiver with Wilson, Grant and Stills. Agree, that will be interesting to watch.

Best case scenario for me is the Dolphins somehow winding up with Haskins, then going with WR and OL the rest of the draft. I think Haskins is going to be good, and I don't buy all of the "Lock is better than him" talk lately. Could be one of the rare moments a quality talent actually gets into range for Miami because of a small sample size/hype for 2020.

Barring that, as I do think Haskins will be picked before Miami has a shot, I'd love this team to go heavy on offense to build a situation that a rookie 2020 QB can step into next year and flourish.

One thing that I am pretty excited about is seeing how our WRs and TEs do with Fitzpatrick this year, including any rookies we nab. It will be very telling if any of them fail, because Fitzpatrick's gunslinger ways makes even marginal talents suddenly look capable.

Mentioned it elsewhere, but this is where Fitzpatrick makes sense. He'll give the receivers opportunities to make plays.

Mentioned it elsewhere, but this is where Fitzpatrick makes sense. He'll give the receivers opportunities to make plays.

Absolutely. I took the resigning of Devante Parker as an indictment of Ryan Tannehill. It communicated, "We need to do further assessment on whether you are good or not knowing full well that the person throwing you the ball had serious limitations." It's also my tinfoil hat theory as to why Parker resigned with an organization despite a poor history with them.

You put an inexperienced QB out there and you are stuck in neutral with assessments we need sooner rather than later on players like Gesicki, Parker, and rookies. This way when a rookie takes over next season they step into a position with (hopefully) less question marks around him.

Best to try to move down, Raiders with 3 picks in the 1st round would seem ideal....trade pick 13 for 24 and 35

Forced to pick at 13 take Jonah Williams and plug him in at RT
take best DE DT CB FS available with the 2nd
3rd or 4th needs to be another offensive lineman

Dolphins need to fix the offensive line in preparation for new QB in 2020, don't make the same mistake we made with Tannehill and have him run for his life from the get go.
Fix the offensive line 1st then look to the defense, try to keep the offense on the field
also need to find new back to take Gore's spot, I don't believe he is on the team right now 5'9 - 5'10 power back - up the middle

Back
Top Bottom