Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
But that's exactly how the Tua cult thinks. There are a gazillion posts like this.
These are the two most obvious...I can't put a name to it because I believe neither has posted in this thread yet and that would be calling out another poster which is a violation of TOS.
Yeah, you especially don't want to violate TOS , no matter how inviting possible bloviating might make it :shrug:

But that's exactly how the Tua cult thinks. There are a gazillion posts like this.
These are the two most obvious...I can't put a name to it because I believe neither has posted in this thread yet and that would be calling out another poster which is a violation of TOS.

I mean I can kinda see where they are coming from to an extent. My BIGGEST concern is that Rosen plays well but turns out to be fools gold but in playing well we decide bypass Tua. We've seen plenty of QB's have 1 good year or a handful of good games and then suck it up the next year. I rather play it safe and take Tua but let Rosen start next year giving him another opportunity to show that his successful 2019 season wasn't a fluke (assuming he plays well this year) but also giving us some insurance if he does indeed turn out to be fools gold and sucks it up. The insurance being Tua.

Take our #1 pick from the next draft and sell it to a QB needy team and drop down 2 or 3 spots. Somehow package the extra 1st round pick with a combination of the 2 1st and 2 2nd round picks we already have the following year. It is absolutely possible as long as the team sitting at #1 doesn't need a QB.

I am one who doesn't want to draft Tua, at least not right now. I just don't see the whole package from him. I would prefer to draft a QB a little later to be Rosen's backup and let Rosen play. Hopefully, we don't need Lawrence either but it is an option.
Takes multiple teams to make those trades. And the team with the first pick likely isn’t going to trade it away with Lawrence sitting in their laps

People think it’s going to be so easy just to trade up like it’s nothing. I’d rather draft Tua with our own 1st pick and not have to mortgage out all the extra picks we have accumulated

Takes multiple teams to make those trades. And the team with the first pick likely isn’t going to trade it away with Lawrence sitting in their laps

People think it’s going to be so easy just to trade up like it’s nothing. I’d rather draft Tua with our own 1st pick and not have to mortgage out all the extra picks we have accumulated
Nah, man. We clearly should have just traded up with the Colts for Luck since that's how this all works.

I mean I can kinda see where they are coming from to an extent. My BIGGEST concern is that Rosen plays well but turns out to be fools gold but in playing well we decide bypass Tua. We've seen plenty of QB's have 1 good year or a handful of good games and then suck it up the next year. I rather play it safe and take Tua but let Rosen start next year giving him another opportunity to show that his successful 2019 season wasn't a fluke (assuming he plays well this year) but also giving us some insurance if he does indeed turn out to be fools gold and sucks it up. The insurance being Tua.
I can see that line of thinking, but with one caveat.

If you are looking at it like that, which is close to my line of thinking, I would strongly consider trading down a few spots, thereby picking up an additional #1+, and taking one of the other top QBs.

While I personally don't think Tua is a "given", planning on Lawrence, on the off chance you can swing a very expensive (in terms of draft capital) trade, would not be a good plan. There are way too many variables for that to be a viable option.

That's why I say Rosen would be a max 2-year project if he fluffs out.

I am pretty steady on Rosen and won't change my mind. If he puffs out this year we will draft a QB with our first pick. No doubt.
If he shows enough to give him a second year we will draft to mainly surround him with a better cast to give him a fair chance in year 2. In that case we will trade down with at least one 1st round pick to get more picks. We may or may not take a QB but less for competition and more so for backup. That would happen later in the draft though and that relies entirely on the staffs opinion on Fitzpatrick and/or Ruddock if either one could be the backup.
If Rosen shows enough in year 2 that the staff is sure that he has what it takes they will go supporting cast in 2021. If he does not develop in year 2 as they want him to they go QB in 2021.

It is never a safe bet with a QB coming out of college. Just because a QB is great in college does not mean he will pan out in the NFL. To play in the NFL there is much more required than just toss the ball to a receiver who is covered by a DB who will never sniff the NFL.

The Dolphins have a triple chance at a franchise QB: Rosen on the roster, 2020 draft, 2021 draft. One will work out. If we go 0-3 I will become a Jets fan. :lol:

What Bosa said after the 49ers beat the Browns. "I don't know how anybody thought he would be able to see over Arik [Armstead] and [DeForest] Buck[ner]," Bosa said. "But he was panicking. He was double clutching, rolling back and forth. We had him rattled all game." Baker Mayfield 6'1" - Tua 6' 3/4". Arik Armstead 6'7", DeForset Buckner 6'7". Herbert 6'6 - You can't pass when you can't see over the OL/DL.

I cannot fathom anyone not wanting to take a QB top 3 this draft. We need one. Rosen hasn’t shown anything yet that says he could be the guy. Yes we have tons of holes but we gotta take whoever the best QB is when we pick(likely Tua). And hope he is a franchise QB. I’d just like to be in the Playoffs on a yearly basis.

What Bosa said after the 49ers beat the Browns. "I don't know how anybody thought he would be able to see over Arik [Armstead] and [DeForest] Buck[ner]," Bosa said. "But he was panicking. He was double clutching, rolling back and forth. We had him rattled all game." Baker Mayfield 6'1" - Tua 6' 3/4". Arik Armstead 6'7", DeForset Buckner 6'7". Herbert 6'6 - You can't pass when you can't see over the OL/DL.

Drew Brees and Russel Wilson say hello !

There are just times when any QB gets overwhelmed, height in today's NFL is no where near a concern than it used to be. If you watched Herbert's game at the weekend and contrasted it to Tua's last game, there is no way you would care about the extra 5 inches.

That's an incredibly stupid observation by Bosa, a guy who is incredibly stupid to begin with.

The majority -- the large majority -- of NFL quarterbacks are shorter than the guys in front of them. This is offset by the fact that linemen do not stand up straight while blocking, and the fact that the entire pocket is not covered in an impenetrable layer of linemen skulls/helmets. In fact, do you know what type of guys have been the least successful quarterback draftees over the last decade or so? That's right, really tall guys, the 6'7" and 6'8" guys like Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, etc. Because they're so ****ing tall that A) the entire defense can see them operating in full in the pocket, and B) simple physics dictate that a man with a longer (in terms of distance) arm will have a longer (in terms of both distance and time) release. Not by a whole lot, but at this level of competition, that 'not by a whole lot' matters a whole lot.

Just to give you an example of how stupid this is, consider Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers may be the best quarterback in the history of pro football when it comes to protecting the football. In addition to being a prolific multiple All-Pro and championship quarterback, he is historically great at avoiding interceptions. You know how tall he is? He's barely a full inch taller than Baker Mayfield. Has anyone ever said anything about Rodgers' height? Well, not in the last decade. You're going to tell me one inch of height is the difference there? When Drew Brees only clears 6' on his tiptoes and Russell Wilson doesn't even pretend that he does? Get real.

Baker Mayfield is not struggling right now because his linemen are too tall.

Nick Bosa is a stone cold moron. Runs in the family, I guess.

Is Tua really in the same class with Brees? Brees is remarkably intelligent QB. Wilson is a little above average. Wilson tends to panic in the pocket as well, and takes off running. RG3 used to do that, Newton is tall, but a runner. When a running QB gets injured and can on stay in the pocket and pass, we see that they were only good when they ran. Not when they had to think and read defenses.

Russell Wilson is no dummy. What I think will hurt Russell Wilson's longevity as a quarterback is that, eventually, he's not going to be able to blindly turn his back to pass rushers and get away with it. He's going to have to stop doing that as he gets older, or he's going to spend a lot of time on the trainer's table.

Back
Top Bottom