• Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
The selecting two QB talk is intriguing to think about.. but think about this

if your willing to select a QB w/ your top 5 pick you better love him.

the only reason anyone’s head even tilts toward selecting another qb in round 1 is bc they don’t even really like the 1st one they selected.

and if the formula for this draft is to select “two” qbs that we don’t have very much confidence, just in hopes that one should work out.. wel that makes me want to puke.

I get it. We need a qb. But I’m not spending two first round resources on them. Either believe in the one you choose or go BPA.

tua was the only QB I was comfortable doubling down on in this draft.

Still all in on Tua with our top pick as long as they are comfortable with his medical/making a full recovery.

And I don't like the idea of drafting two QBs high. When you take a QB high, especially in the top 5, you are putting your franchise in his hands going forward. To turn around and draft another QB in the first or second round is just unheard of, IMO. That pick should be used to build around your QB.

Still all in on Tua with our top pick as long as they are comfortable with his medical/making a full recovery.

And I don't like the idea of drafting two QBs high. When you take a QB high, especially in the top 5, you are putting your franchise in his hands going forward. To turn around and draft another QB in the first or second round is just unheard of, IMO. That pick should be used to build around your QB.
You're assuming that the QB you drafted will work out. Given that we haven't had a real QB for the last 25 years, I'm going to hedge my bets and take 2 when I have the draft ammunition to do so just to make sure I have at least someone. If both work out you trade one for faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than you used to draft him.

Are you saying that in 6 months, we won't have a better understanding of where the player is as far as his medical outlook? That he won't be looked at by team Drs. and other professionals leading up to the draft to check out if he will potentially make a full recovery? I guarantee

Even the article you quoted mentions zero timelines at all, it does say that if actions are taken quickly the player can expect to return to the field, but there could be complications down the road.

The guy even warns that he has no access to Tua's specific medicals, so his information is just general knowledge on the topic.
I saw something on ESPN last night that stated he could begin throwing by spring. It seems to be carefully worded to me. I don't see him proving he's close to recovering in time for the draft.

I saw something on ESPN last night that stated he could begin throwing by spring. It seems to be carefully worded to me. I don't see him proving he's close to recovering in time for the draft.

I don't expect him to be ready for the draft and I don't care if he is, as long as the road to recovery is something the team feels comfortable with. I expect him to not play next year, but that doesn't preclude me from taking him in the top 5 and I expect if we don't someone will move up to do so.

The drop off from him to the other QBs (I expect Burrow to go number 1 so he is out of the question) is so vast, that taking a chance on Tua hopefully healing is a better gamble then hoping Fromm can throw more than 20 yards, or that Herbert can learn to process what is in front of him quickly.

I thought players have to declare by December. I haven't been able to verify. Also not sure if they would give him an exemption due to the nature of his injury

He could be paralyzed from the neck down and declare, yeah?
?
I don't understand your response. I was just asking if you knew if December is the actual deadline to declare. And if that's the case I don't think tua will. But also I'm not sure if the NFL would let him declare later.

?
I don't understand your response. I was just asking if you knew if December is the actual deadline to declare. And if that's the case I don't think tua will. But also I'm not sure if the NFL would let him declare later.
Supplemental draft perhaps?

Supplemental draft perhaps?
Thanks I completely forgot about the sup draft. Geez, what that would look like if he went that route. First ever prime time sup draft lol

Thanks I completely forgot about the sup draft. Geez, what that would look like if he went that route. First ever prime time sup draft lol
I looked it up, just out of curiosity, after your first post. An interesting trivia answer was mentioned.

There is exactly 1 guy in the HOF, that was taken in the sup draft.

Chris Carter

Yeah “full recovery” flies off the shelfs immediately after surgery.

We’ll see. I sure wouldn’t bank on it. Not with a fracture too.

What’s the medical on Herbert?
broken femur in high school, broken collarbone, concussion. He's got his issues as well

broken femur in high school, broken collarbone, concussion. He's got his issues as well
Didn’t know he broke his femur in HS. That’s the longest bone in the body. Glad he healed well and came back strong for college, because it doesn’t look like an issue for him right now or he doesn’t show it at least.

He has missed games and left game early a number of times in college.

Back
Top Bottom