Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
So those that want us to pass on Tua, and snag Lawrence next year... whats the plan? If we build up the team to make it better, Rosen is likely winning some games. We'll be nice and mediocre. So how are we getting the #1 pick next year?

I can see a scenario like that happening. But I think as of now Miami is dead set on picking its QB in round #1. Imagine a scenario where Miami selects Young, Delpit and Simmons in round #1.

Awesome, we are the Jags..super excited to finish 8-8 for the rest of time...

The thing I hate is when people say Tua is only good because of the team he’s on, then say wait a year for Lawrence who is on a team with elite players all across the board especially his WRs and line. Why don’t they say the same about Lawrence being overrated because he’s on a super team?

ant us to pass on Tua, and snag Lawr

youre not thinking big picture for 2021.....

we got trevor easily lol...

we trade the raiders #1 overall for their 2 1's. so we should still have 2 top 10 picks with the raiders/steelers picks, and then two pics possibly in the 20's range...so the raiders have their tua....

with the next pick in line Raiders or Steelers Herbert is potentially still available...so a QB desperate team might be willing to jump up, give us a 1st next year and a day 2 pick...(if the team is strong enough just hurting for a QB we try to get 1 and 1, but the strong teams wouldnt be desperate to jump that high)

we try to do the same thing with Fromm on the next of our top 10 picks...

these are the teams that could potentially be decent just need thier QB....Tenn, Den, Minn, TB...

so now we still have AT LEAST 2 1's (Hou and Bears), albeit it lower, and 4 2's in 2020....

BUT in 2021 we are looking at 1st for Mia, Hou, Raiders, Fromms team, Herberts Team...so we have 5 1st in 2021 and 2 2's lol.

so BAM, there ya go, we have the trade capital to get Trevor, while also having 800 million in cap room, and 6 picks in the top 50 in 2020...and all it costed us is our souls. of course its 530 in the morning soooo.

I say draft Tag, which will create a QB battle. Rosen will start at the beginning of the season, and Tag will eventually be given the keys to the kingdom when Flores sees fit.

I demand fans over the age of 40 get their votes counted like superdelegates...

90% of these guys want to wait for Trevor Lawrence, but won’t come out and say it. This poster in particular wants to use our 4 picks in the top 33 on everything but QB, but also expects to also have a top pick again afterwards. It makes no sense.
That's your opinion but not necessarily factual. Considering we have 2 1st round and 2 2nd round picks the following year, and we could add more, how does that make no sense? We could package them for a top pick if necessary. Maybe Rosen is our guy and we don't need to spend a pick on Lawrence or any other QB that early. At this point, I am leaning in that direction too. Still early, but I'm not convinced Rosen isn't our future.

So those that want us to pass on Tua, and snag Lawrence next year... whats the plan? If we build up the team to make it better, Rosen is likely winning some games. We'll be nice and mediocre. So how are we getting the #1 pick next year?
Take our #1 pick from the next draft and sell it to a QB needy team and drop down 2 or 3 spots. Somehow package the extra 1st round pick with a combination of the 2 1st and 2 2nd round picks we already have the following year. It is absolutely possible as long as the team sitting at #1 doesn't need a QB.

I am one who doesn't want to draft Tua, at least not right now. I just don't see the whole package from him. I would prefer to draft a QB a little later to be Rosen's backup and let Rosen play. Hopefully, we don't need Lawrence either but it is an option.

One poster in this thread claimed that top 5 QBs are busts so we shouldn't draft one. OK, since Bob Griese was selected with the 4th pick in 1967, we've had 3 top 5 draft picks. Ronnie Brown, Jake Long and Dion Jordan. Only a couple of seasons from Jake Long would justify not going QB was the right thing to do ! As I said in another thread we are trying to change the narrative here, doing the same thing we've been doing for 20 plus years is not going to do that.
Wow..... 3 top 5 picks in half a century.

I never thought about it, but a very interesting point.

Alfredo's a moron.. plain and simple
But that's exactly how the Tua cult thinks. There are a gazillion posts like this.
These are the two most obvious...I can't put a name to it because I believe neither has posted in this thread yet and that would be calling out another poster which is a violation of TOS.

Now matter how Rosen looks this season, if the Fins have the first pick, Tua is coming out, and he is willing to play for Miami then you run that card up there and don't think twice. Sort it out later.
There’s nothing that Rosen can show me that changes my mind on Tua. And if we pass on Tua for Rosen, this team is too far gone for redemption.

Back
Top Bottom