1996 ZERO
1995 Steve McNair and Kerry Collins
1994 Heath Shuler
1993 Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer
1992 ZERO
1991 ZERO
1990 Jeff George
1989 Troy Aikman SB winner

Yeah, here are all of the top 5 draft pick QBs in the past 30 years. I got tired of typing in BUST. Approximately 18 out of the 35 were BUST. That’s over 50%! Only 3 of the 35 won Super Bowls as starters; 8%. The other 14 are mediocre to decent. I’ve seen your other post. You clearly don’t understand how bad Miami is. No ONE is stepping into this team and doing ****. There are more wholes than even a Marino in his prime could fill.
Simply (and foolishly) typing "BUST" after someone's name doesn't make them so. All seven of the QBs on your list from the last four years are all current starting quarterbacks in the NFL, with the one exception of Trubisky, who is temporarily out with an injury to his non-throwing arm.
After that, Bortles was the starting QB in Jacksonville for five years, and is now the backup for the NFC Champs. Every other QB on your list all the way down to 2008 were all NFL starters for much of their careers, albeit some hampered by injury. You really don't get to a bona fide "BUST" until 2007, Jamarcus Russell. You need to reevaluate your definition of the word "bust."

Simply (and foolishly) typing "BUST" after someone's name doesn't make them so. All seven of the QBs on your list from the last four years are all current starting quarterbacks in the NFL, with the one exception of Trubisky, who is temporarily out with an injury to his non-throwing arm.
After that, Bortles was the starting QB in Jacksonville for five years, and is now the backup for the NFC Champs. Every other QB on your list all the way down to 2008 were all NFL starters for much of their careers, albeit some hampered by injury. You really don't get to a bona fide "BUST" until 2007, Jamarcus Russell. You need to reevaluate your definition of the word "bust."
IMAGINE defending blake bortles, wow. You wanna talk about reaching and labels, gimmie a ****in break. His bust label couldnt be more accurate. Bust = NOT GOOD. Not a difficult word to define.

I hope Rosen develops and the Dolphins are able to use their three first round picks on other areas of need. Yet if the Dolphins do end up with the first pick in the draft. I assume that means Tua will likely be the selection and he will eventually be the starter sometime in the 2020 season.

Assuming Miami doesn’t get the first pick I’d prefer to start Rosen next year and draft Love with Houston’s pick and let him sit for a year or two. The more I think about it the more I like this idea. Love has stupid skills but needs to clean up mechanics and pocket awareness. Draft Chase Young with the 2nd pick and then trade Pittsburgh’s pick unless Jeudy or CB1 is still on the board.

If Miami gets the #1 pick it’s got to be Tua.

I just hope we draft linemen or chase young so all the tua turds go bonkers.

Tua, Fromm, Love, Eason. In that order respectively. If it isn’t Tua, I really like Fromm but his small hands could mean a lot of fumbles. Kids got 8.5 inch hands, that’s extremely small for a QB.

Rosen.. because jt would say that getting him was a steal. They still could draft Tua untill he's ready and use the other draft choices to upgrade o-line

IMAGINE defending blake bortles, wow. You wanna talk about reaching and labels, gimmie a ****in break. His bust label couldnt be more accurate. Bust = NOT GOOD. Not a difficult word to define.
Bortles had an average quarterback rating of 80.6 over five years in Jacksonville. Not stellar, and I certainly wouldn't want him for anything more than a backup. But, not a bust, and that's pretty obvious.

How many of those QBs are only starters because they were first round picks? Winston, Mariota, and Bortles have only lasted as long as they have because of where they were drafted. If Trubisky had stayed under the radar at UNC and ended up as a 4th round pick would he still be on the field for the Bears?

Arguably an even worse case than a bust is what the Rams have faced with Goff. Because he performed above average they felt compelled to offer him a record breaking contract and going forward he will be required to carry that team. Has anyone seen in Goff a player that can thrive without all the talent they have surrounding him?

I'd say that in years with consensus can't miss prospects (Luck/Palmer/Vick/Manning) a team has about a 50% chance of landing their hall of famer. Most seasons you have closer to a 20-30% chance even when narrowing it down to the top prospect.

How many of those QBs are only starters because they were first round picks? Winston, Mariota, and Bortles have only lasted as long as they have because of where they were drafted. If Trubisky had stayed under the radar at UNC and ended up as a 4th round pick would he still be on the field for the Bears?

Arguably an even worse case than a bust is what the Rams have faced with Goff. Because he performed above average they felt compelled to offer him a record breaking contract and going forward he will be required to carry that team. Has anyone seen in Goff a player that can thrive without all the talent they have surrounding him?

I'd say that in years with consensus can't miss prospects (Luck/Palmer/Vick/Manning) a team has about a 50% chance of landing their hall of famer. Most seasons you have closer to a 20-30% chance even when narrowing it down to the top prospect.
I would put the chances at much less than 50%, even for just finding a franchise QB.

Back
Top Bottom