Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Fitz

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Burrow

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
It’s amazing how football know nothing’s think a magical first round rookie QB is going to fix the entire two decades of horrible drafting. Football in the NFL is a team game. No rookie quarterback is going to come here and develop with our shitty coach and unprofessional roster. They’ve traded away all of our young talent, we have literally no offensive linemen that belong as a starter in the NFL.

The generational talents, QBs that aren’t totally system dependent in the last 20 years are so few and far between that selling out for one and neglecting the rest of the roster is a fools errand. I mean how many of these “can’t miss” best prospect ever guys were actually THE guy? Manning, elway, luck...who else at 1 overall? Some of the best talents were passed over for bums. I’m just not sold on Tua.

It’s amazing how football know nothing’s think a magical first round rookie QB is going to fix the entire two decades of horrible drafting. Football in the NFL is a team game. No rookie quarterback is going to come here and develop with our ****ty coach and unprofessional roster. They’ve traded away all of our young talent, we have literally no offensive linemen that belong as a starter in the NFL.

The generational talents, QBs that aren’t totally system dependent in the last 20 years are so few and far between that selling out for one and neglecting the rest of the roster is a fools errand. I mean how many of these “can’t miss” best prospect ever guys were actually THE guy? Manning, elway, luck...who else at 1 overall? Some of the best talents were passed over for bums. I’m just not sold on Tua.

Miami just got 2 first round picks for one guy they drafted and another first round pick (assumed to be an earlier pick than the one used for the guy) on another player they drafted.

Tua, Fromm, Love, Eason. In that order respectively. If it isn’t Tua, I really like Fromm but his small hands could mean a lot of fumbles. Kids got 8.5 inch hands, that’s extremely small for a QB.

Is there proof of this hand size = more/less fumbles theory?

It’s amazing how football know nothing’s think a magical first round rookie QB is going to fix the entire two decades of horrible drafting. Football in the NFL is a team game. No rookie quarterback is going to come here and develop with our ****ty coach and unprofessional roster. They’ve traded away all of our young talent, we have literally no offensive linemen that belong as a starter in the NFL.

I would venture to say that no body absolutely no body said that we should draft Tua and neglect the rest of the roster. Given the fact that we have like 11-12 draft picks this year and 140 million dollars in cap space I would assume if we did draft Tua we would use some of those draft picks and some of that money on the rest of the roster. There is no rule that I know of that states if you draft a QB 1st overall you forfeit the rest of your picks.

Is there proof of this hand size = more/less fumbles theory?
I think it tends to be the bigger the hand the better the grip of the football especially in cold weather. But I don’t know. I actually really like Fromm.

I think it tends to be the bigger the hand the better the grip of the football especially in cold weather. But I don’t know. I actually really like Fromm.

You really should've read the article you linked.

QBs drafted in the top 5

2018 Baker Mayfield and Sam Dumba$$ Mediocre
2017 Mitchell Trubisky BUST
2016 Goff and Wentz
2015 Winston and Mariota both BUST
2014 Blake Bortles LMAO. BUST
2013 ZERO!
2012 Luck and RGIII lmao. 1 BUST 1 out of league
2011 Cam. Mediocre
2010 Sam Bradford. BUST
2009 Matt Stafford and Marky Sanchez BUST
2008 Matt Ryan
2007 JaMarcuss Russell. BUST
2006 Vince Young. BUST
2005 Alex Smith
2004 Eli Manning SB winner and Rivers
2003 Carson Palmer mediocre
2002 David Carr and Joey Harrington. Both BUST
2001 Micheal Vick mediocre
2000 ZERO
1999 Tim Couch and Akili Smith both BUST
1998 Peyton Manning SB winner and Ryan Leaf
1997 ZERO
1996 ZERO
1995 Steve McNair and Kerry Collins
1994 Heath Shuler
1993 Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer
1992 ZERO
1991 ZERO
1990 Jeff George
1989 Troy Aikman SB winner

Yeah, here are all of the top 5 draft pick QBs in the past 30 years. I got tired of typing in BUST. Approximately 18 out of the 35 were BUST. That’s over 50%! Only 3 of the 35 won Super Bowls as starters; 8%. The other 14 are mediocre to decent. I’ve seen your other post. You clearly don’t understand how bad Miami is. No ONE is stepping into this team and doing ****. There are more wholes than even a Marino in his prime could fill.

Damn! You are a Savage Beast with this post! Way to back up the pure facts of it all!! Very sobering to think about the possibility that Tua or anyone else just might suck!!!

Who he out ran the defender and saved the TD. You can make that tackle when you 6'6" 220 lbs.

Damn good thing - he'll need to continue outrunning and tackling DB's the way he stares down receivers. :lol:

He's thrown 5 INT's in his last 136 attempts. Tua has thrown zero in his last 168.

Back
Top Bottom