Your choice for GM | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your choice for GM

John Harbaugh - back up the brinks truck and give him total control.

Grier has been substandard until last draft record-breaking Waddle, Phillips and Holland, hopefully the next Ed Reed. Eichenberg is raw but shows promise too. Can't ask more of a draft than that. His FA signings this last season weren't nearly as inspiring until Duke and Lindsay..but those seemed to be out of necessity.

As this is an exercise in mental masturbation since Grier is not going anywhere, I'd say "hypothetically" he's done enough to deserve another year provided there is close scrutiny.

No one here knows cause it’s been so long since we have seen it

This is what I am talking about. The measure of a good GM is subjective. The criteria differ from fan to fan. Some view success as nothing short of the team reaching the Superbowl, while others may look at how many Pro-bowl players they have selected or not. In a way, it's hard to get a handle on it. I have been critical of Grier's ability to evaluate OL talent, but at the same time, I think he does a great job with the cap, salaries, etc. He's also a decent draft pick negotiator, but it could be fair to say that he hands out lower picks like they are candy only to get little in return. I am not fond of how he handles the draft sometimes when he finds himself in a pickle and then gives up a valuable pick to move up for a position of need.
That said, sure, I would love to upgrade at GM. I am willing to take a chance on someone else and see if we can get more hits than misses. However, I don't know who it should be. The other issue is should it be a collaborator like Grier or someone who doesn't take much input from the coaches and picks a player based on the evaluation from the scouting department. If we want a collaborator, then there may be no reason to change. Good or bad, Grier is going to give the coaches the players they want. If we want more of an alpha-type personality, we need to go shopping.

I’ve come around and Grier needs to go.

If he’s not good enough to get the players the coach needs instead of what the coach asks, then what the **** is he good for?

Back
Top Bottom