Your Choice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Choice

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Gus Frerotte, AJ Feeley, Lamar Gordon plus our current 1st round pick and the Bears 3rd round pick.

OR

Gus Frerotte, plus our current 1st, 2nd, 3rd, round picks and the Bears 3rd round pick. With the likelyhood of drafting one of the QB's with the 1st pick - let's just say, for argument's sake, Alex Smith.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I'd take the latter. There is the opportunity to get a good back into the fold, develop a good, smart young QB with lots of talent, while Frerotte starts this year. Frerotte may STILL start this year with Feeley!

This is why you don't trade away future draft picks. Saban has intimated about this several times - and you know RS has to be cringing every time he brings it up. Bottom-line, RS will either learn from those mistakes and show he's on board with the philosophy - or he'll flounder. Regardless, he may not be back after the draft.

Da 'Fins said:
Gus Frerotte, AJ Feeley, Lamar Gordon plus our current 1st round pick and the Bears 3rd round pick.

OR

Gus Frerotte, plus our current 1st, 2nd, 3rd, round picks and the Bears 3rd round pick. With the likelyhood of drafting one of the QB's with the 1st pick - let's just say, for argument's sake, Alex Smith.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I'd take the latter. There is the opportunity to get a good back into the fold, develop a good, smart young QB with lots of talent, while Frerotte starts this year. Frerotte may STILL start this year with Feeley!

This is why you don't trade away future draft picks. Saban has intimated about this several times - and you know RS has to be cringing every time he brings it up. Bottom-line, RS will either learn from those mistakes and show he's on board with the philosophy - or he'll flounder. Regardless, he may not be back after the draft.

:up:

Its not just the second round pick, its the 35th pick in the draft. thats like a late first round selection. For, a QB that had little experience, that everyone admits, that likes him, that needs time to develop. I dont care what people think of him, whether they like him or not, you just dont give a second round pick, even if it was a 64th pick, for a QB with hardly zero game experience. 5 games, whoopie. A year at Oregon, whoopie.

That is a prospect status, and could of been had for a 5th round pick. But, the dynamic blunder duo of Spielman/Wanny stikes again.

Just think, a high second rounder, we could of had Orton with that pick. I would of rather taken a chance on Orton, then Birdman. Flap them wings AJ, get that sympathy PI call once in a while, because God knows, you cant throw a ball.

the latter.

we'd have Gus starting for a year.

and a first, second and two thirds.

we can grab ronnie brown, jason campbell in the second - he sits for the year.

take matt jones in the third along with wilkerson, spencer or brown at C.

I'll take what we have now, since we wouldn't be where we are now without going through what we've been through to get here.

If you want those picks, then Wanny and Rick have to be in charge of making them. You can't have those picks and Saban too.

Its all water under the bridge.We have what we have and lets move forward with improvements.

again the pick was traded thinking we were a competitive team, it wasnt intended to be the 2nd pick in the 2nd round... and also to trade for any QB is expensive... the jaguars were turning down 2nd round picks for their backup qb this offseason garrard, and i bet half of yo udont even know who he is, haha...

supposedly philly was turning down 3rd round picks for feeley, so we offered a 2nd... if we WOULDNT have gotten anybody last year it would have been the biggest outcry in forever in dolphin land going into another season with fiedler and no competition...

get over it already...

arsenal said:
again the pick was traded thinking we were a competitive team, it wasnt intended to be the 2nd pick in the 2nd round... and also to trade for any QB is expensive... the jaguars were turning down 2nd round picks for their backup qb this offseason garrard, and i bet half of yo udont even know who he is, haha...

supposedly philly was turning down 3rd round picks for feeley, so we offered a 2nd... if we WOULDNT have gotten anybody last year it would have been the biggest outcry in forever in dolphin land going into another season with fiedler and no competition...

get over it already...

Fortunately, Saban disagrees with you. Glad you Wanny/Rick guys are out of the picture.

Biggest outcry? Nonsense. The day the trade was made I thought, "what is he doing giving up a 2nd round pick?" So too did a lot of folks.

And, I know the Jags backup. Regardless of what they are asking for him, it has zero to do with the Feeley trade or the giving up of future picks. If they are asking that for him it's b/c they either want another Feeley rip off like the Eagles had or they like the guy.

The ultimate point of the post is to discuss draft philosophy. The # 1 point being: Don't give up future picks for unproven backup talent. You might get lucky, but put your stock in your own drafting first. That's Saban's position, and his public statements have subtly been sending that message out.

finsnchips said:
the latter.

we'd have Gus starting for a year.

and a first, second and two thirds.

we can grab ronnie brown, jason campbell in the second - he sits for the year.

take matt jones in the third along with wilkerson, spencer or brown at C.

This would have been a great scenario.

What we have now. Could not imagine going through all of last season with Fiedler at the helm...

Da 'Fins said:
Fortunately, Saban disagrees with you. Glad you Wanny/Rick guys are out of the picture.

Biggest outcry? Nonsense. The day the trade was made I thought, "what is he doing giving up a 2nd round pick?" So too did a lot of folks.

And, I know the Jags backup. Regardless of what they are asking for him, it has zero to do with the Feeley trade or the giving up of future picks. If they are asking that for him it's b/c they either want another Feeley rip off like the Eagles had or they like the guy.

The ultimate point of the post is to discuss draft philosophy. The # 1 point being: Don't give up future picks for unproven backup talent. You might get lucky, but put your stock in your own drafting first. That's Saban's position, and his public statements have subtly been sending that message out.

wanny guy? i hate wanny, haha... your telling me if we went into last year with still fiedler and no one else dolphin fans woulda been ok with it? aha i dont think so...

i dont know if you think you can trade for QBs with 8th round picks and ****, but it does'nt work that way in the NFL, thast what i was saying with the jaguar guy, i'll say it one more time... QBS are expensive and overpaid... why do you think they always go high in the draft? gotta overpay to get a QB... rodgers and smith aren't the best players in the draft but they'll prob go 1 and 3 just cause they are QBs...

we wanted to get a guy and gave up what we had to to get him... deal with it instead of crying about it...

Oboy said:
What we have now. Could not imagine going through all of last season with Fiedler at the helm...

exactly if we went into last year with the same 3 qbs as the year before people woulda went nuts... maybe we didn't have to get feeley but who else should we have gotten? we wanted a young guy with the potential to be our starter for a while, there were no FAs like that so we had to make a trade, and when you trade for QBs the price is high...

arsenal said:
wanny guy? i hate wanny, haha... your telling me if we went into last year with still fiedler and no one else dolphin fans woulda been ok with it? aha i dont think so...

i dont know if you think you can trade for QBs with 8th round picks and ****, but it does'nt work that way in the NFL, thast what i was saying with the jaguar guy, i'll say it one more time... QBS are expensive and overpaid... why do you think they always go high in the draft? gotta overpay to get a QB... rodgers and smith aren't the best players in the draft but they'll prob go 1 and 3 just cause they are QBs...

we wanted to get a guy and gave up what we had to to get him... deal with it instead of crying about it...
:clap: :hail:

Back
Top Bottom