Tennessee
Houston
Jacksonville

West
LA Chargers
Kansas City
Oakland/Las Vegas
Denver

But as others have said, they decided this in 2002 and no reason to change anything. Competitive balance evens out over a longer haul.

That's not true at all for a lot of us. We're almost done with the Patriots reign so now wouldn't be a very good time to do it for that reason. I could actually attend some away games with this alignment for one thing. And the most southern team in the league having the potential for 3 extra snow games each year is just not right. Dolphins and Bucs/ Jags would instantly turn into great intrastate rivalries. It just makes sense.
First of all I can't even recall the last time that all our division rival games away were in the snow in the same season.
Secondly most NFL players have played their entire career in snow (HS and college). Thirdly this whole "southern team playing in snow" is simply overrated. You can protect yourself against the cold and have the right equipment and game plan for snow games. Our summer time games are a much greater advantage than snow teams will ever have.

Others have said distance is problem: if multimillion dollar athletes cannot handle a 3 hour flight than they should look for another job. They get to the airport, have no worries about tickets or security or luggage, walk onto a charter and plop their collective fat asses on a business class seat.

The rivalries with the Jets, Bills and Pats are natural rivalries which have been nursed for decades. As a fan who goes to every game I give a rats ass about some made up in-state rivalry. Jax fans do not care about Dolphins and Bucs fans just as Bucs fans and Dolphins do not care about each other and neither cares about Jax.

First of all I can't even recall the last time that all our division rival games away were in the snow in the same season.
Secondly most NFL players have played their entire career in snow (HS and college). Thirdly this whole "southern team playing in snow" is simply overrated. You can protect yourself against the cold and have the right equipment and game plan for snow games. Our summer time games are a much greater advantage than snow teams will ever have.

Others have said distance is problem: if multimillion dollar athletes cannot handle a 3 hour flight than they should look for another job. They get to the airport, have no worries about tickets or security or luggage, walk onto a charter and plop their collective fat asses on a business class seat.

The rivalries with the Jets, Bills and Pats are natural rivalries which have been nursed for decades. As a fan who goes to every game I give a rats *** about some made up in-state rivalry. Jax fans do not care about Dolphins and Bucs fans just as Bucs fans and Dolphins do not care about each other and neither cares about Jax.
Divisions are fine the way they are. New England plays a 1st place schedule every year and still dominate. Miami usually has a 3rd or last place schedule every season and still struggles. It’s not the division or schedule. It’s the teams. Miami just simply hasn’t been good enough.

The rivalries with the Jets, Bills and Pats are natural rivalries which have been nursed for decades. As a fan who goes to every game I give a rats *** about some made up in-state rivalry. Jax fans do not care about Dolphins and Bucs fans just as Bucs fans and Dolphins do not care about each other and neither cares about Jax.

Not saying the cold weather is some major deal, it's just one more thing on the list. It's stupid to have the southernmost team in a division with all the most northern.

That's great you have the ability to go to every game, but not everyone does. Having a game in Tampa, Jacksonville and Atlanta every year would increase a lot of people's chances of seeing more games.

I get losing the rivalries is a downside. I love hating the Jets Pats and Bills. But the only reason they don't care as much is because they aren't in the same division. That's how rivalries are born. And intrastate ones are always easy to build by nature. As someone living in Tampa, I assure you plenty of Bucs fans don't like the Dolphins.

I'm so sick of the division we are currently in.Would love to see a realignment based on locations.
Dolphins
Jags
Bucks
Falcons.

Hey I get it but we loose to both the Bucs and Jags alot and since I am not a fan of loosing I will stay in the east beat the bills, surprise the Pats and split the Jets.

Yeah... never really made sense geographically.... probably has more to do with big market television deals

Bucs and Jags were expansion teams so more to do with the history of the decision imo.

Bucs and Jags were expansion teams so more to do with the history of the decision imo.

ok.... who knows?... I'm just throwing darts while we all..... :dead:….. on the subject. But I have to believe that TV market money was in the discussion somewhere. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom