Your favorite 1st round Pick besides Marino? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your favorite 1st round Pick besides Marino?

My first draft memories are from 82'. But I think the most excited I've been with a 1st round pick (excluding Marino) were the Richmond Webb, Jake Long and Devante Parker picks.

I don't know how anyone could like the Ronnie Brown pick. I was hoping Miami would take Alex Smith, but I figured they couldn't lose, because if SF drafted him, Miami would get the consolation prize, and I'd be okay with that. And then Belicheat's buddy takes Ronnie.

When I starting following the Dolphins, that draft with Richmond Webb and Keith Simms. That was the best. Since then, there have been a few that I was really happy with - Ronnie Brown, Jake Long, Minkah, although I wanted Derwin James more.

Ronnie Brown and Laremy Tunsil. Could not believe Tunsil fell to us, figured we would blow the opportunity, was ecstatic when the pick was made. I also like the Christian Wilkens pick last year.

I would have liked the Jake Long pick if it wasn't number 1 overall. I liked the player, but wanted to use number 1 overall to get Matt Ryan.

Hated the move up for Dion Jordan, and hated the Charles Harris pick.

Last edited:
Ted Ginn was probably the most entertaining pick in Dolphins history. Cam Cameron's tone deaf speech was foreshadowing of what was to come.

Best #1 after Marino easy Richmond Webb followed by Tim Bowen’s, then OJ McDuffie. Been Slim Pickens since, Jake Long but career cut short. Favorite. non #1 draft picks after Marino JT ,Zach, Surtain, Madison, Rasheed Jones. & Jarvis Landry.

Laremy Tunsil. Very exciting when he fell to us

My favorite 1st round pick is always the next one since we haven't done **** with them since Marino.

What an easy question, Larry Csonka was the second best first round pick by the Dolphins and Larry and Dan Marino were my idols growing up, such incredible athletes.
There was a 10 year Gap between the end of Csonka's Dolphin career and the beginning of Marino's.

How long did it take you to grow up?

Back
Top Bottom