Your favorite 1st round Pick besides Marino? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your favorite 1st round Pick besides Marino?

TIMBO was a bad bad man...I recall him getting annoyed with the JETS and on one series had just obliterated their blocking for 2 tackles and a sack on three plays.

revealingly it's pretty slim pickin's!

I'd go with A. J. Duhe closely followed by TmBo.

Have to give a big shout out to Dwight Stevenson (R2).

Louis Oliver, it was huge surprise when we still had a chance at him, and took it.

Besides Marino, my favorite first round picks are from what I call the “Bronze Age” of Dolphins history, i.e. 1989-1995.

Tim Bowens
Richmond Webb
Troy Vincent

There were some good players drafted in the immediate post-Shula era, but not in the first round.

I for 1 was high on Yatil Green being young and not knowing how to envision NFL talent.
I loved him at the U but until the year we drafted him I really didnt know how to evaluate talent.I am still learning to this very day.
Hey- I was wondering what you mean by your not knowing how to evaluate talent. Do you think Yatil was overrated? Not a pro player? I'd love to hear your take/eval on him.

I was beyond excited when we landed Tunsil. We needed an OT in the worst way, & he was the #1 rated OL by a lot of people coming into that season. I didn’t think there was a chance in hell that we would get him with how far down in the draft we were, but then that gas mask video comes out on draft day and he starts falling.... I still thought that we wouldn’t get him because it would be typical Miami Dolphins to pass on a player like that, but then I hear “The Miami Dolphins select Laremy Tunsil” & I was extremely hyped!

He turned out to be pretty good for us, AND got use a King’s random in draft picks. Hell, there’s even a slight chance he could be back if the Texans can’t re-sign him...... but I’m rambling. Long story short, he was by far my favorite pick & most memorable draft day moment.

Back
Top Bottom