• Chicago Cubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Indians

• Oakland Athletics

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other... I will name them on the thread in my own post.

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
MikeO said:
Yeah, if that number was accurate !

First off the Yanks are at $183 mill per ESPN. The sox are at $125. A gap of 58 mill. Not small, but not as large as you are making it out to be.

Ok 58 Million. So what's that?? 2 Manny's and a Sheffield? HAHA. The Yankees payroll is a joke, you aren't going to win this arguement.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Ok 58 Million. So what's that?? 2 Manny's and a Sheffield? HAHA. The Yankees payroll is a joke, you aren't going to win this arguement.

Im not trying to win an argument. Trying to inform and stop incorrect statments like NY's payroll is $200 million and the Red Sox are the little sisters of the poor.

But once again, I don't care what the payroll is. Teams can spend whatever they want. If you look at ALL of the owners in baseball, guess who the richest owner is???? The guy who owns the Twins. Wanna know where George falls, somewhere like 16 or 17th richest owner.

If owners are cheap and don't want to spend money, fine by me. Their problem. But don't knock the guy who isn't breaking the rules and spending all of his money to improve his product.

braves fan since hank aaron , dusty baker and ralph garr were the outfield..

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Chokers..:lol:

I'm a fan of The Champs. :D

you would know what a choker looks like since the Sox have ben the ultimate chokers over the years but 1 fluke season won't change that, things will be back to normal this year. :D

FaninPatsyLand1 said:

I love when Sox fans or Mets fans whine about payroll when they have humongous payrolls and play in large markets.

a question to the Sox fans: Did you whine when the Sox had a 40+ million dollar edge in payroll in the WS? No you didn't so stop whining now about the Yanks payroll.

nyjunc said:
I love when Sox fans or Mets fans whine about payroll when they have humongous payrolls and play in large markets.

a question to the Sox fans: Did you whine when the Sox had a 40+ million dollar edge in payroll in the WS? No you didn't so stop whining now about the Yanks payroll.

I'm not whining, Choker. Why would I be whining, we just whooped your *** last year.:lol: All I'm saying is that the Yankee payroll is a complete disgrace to the league. The only reason the Red Sox are even close (and I use the word close to describe a 50+ million dollar edge) is because the ******* Yankees have driven up the cost for everyone to stay competitive. I'm not discounting the fact that the Red Sox have the 2nd highest, but that is a direct result of the Yankees.

Also, you can expect to see our payroll going down in the near future, once Manny's contract expires, and players like Damon are let go after this year for cheaper younger alternatives in the minors. But I'm not sure I can say that for the Yankees.

P.S. Year TWO-THOU-SAND, Chokers. :D

nyjunc said:
you would know what a choker looks like since the Sox have ben the ultimate chokers over the years but 1 fluke season won't change that, things will be back to normal this year. :D

I would know what it's like to choke. But I wouldn't know what it's like to blow a 3-0 lead in baseball. HAHAHA. Only the YANKEES have the privilege of knowing that feeling. :lol:

GREATEST CHOKE IN SPORTS HISTORY.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
I would know what it's like to choke. But I wouldn't know what it's like to blow a 3-0 lead in baseball. HAHAHA. Only the YANKEES have the privilege of knowing that feeling. :lol:

GREATEST CHOKE IN SPORTS HISTORY.

I disagree on the it being the greatest choke in sports history. Angles in ALCS 1986 and Red Sox in 1986 World Series (bigger stage) were bigger chokes in my opinion.

MikeO said:
I disagree on the it being the greatest choke in sports history. Angles in ALCS 1986 and Red Sox in 1986 World Series (bigger stage) were bigger chokes in my opinion.

Well, you are wrong. :lol:

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Well, you are wrong. :lol:

What's a bigger choke.......seriously.

Being 1 out and 1 strike away from winning the world series with a 2 run lead in the 10th inning? This is the WORLD SERIES, winning it all. Just one more strike!

Or blowing it in the ALCS, the games before the world series?

To me there is no question which is the bigger choke job.

MikeO said:
What's a bigger choke.......seriously.

Being 1 out and 1 strike away from winning the world series with a 2 run lead in the 10th inning? This is the WORLD SERIES, winning it all. Just one more strike!

Or blowing it in the ALCS, the games before the world series?

To me there is no question which is the bigger choke job.

When you blow 4 games. They were an inning away, reading the Red Sox their last rites, with the best closer in the game on the mound. Then 3 games later, the Red Sox are celerbrating in Yankee Stadium. You're right, there is NO question. The Yankees completed the greatest CHOKE in SPORTS HISTORY.

You Yankee fans are unbelievable, just because the Yankees NOW finally have baggage, you try to dump it on some other team. Here is a helpful hint : As Jim Carey would say, "Saddle up partner."

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
When you blow 4 games. They were an inning away, reading the Red Sox their last rites, with the best closer in the game on the mound. Then 3 games later, the Red Sox are celerbrating in Yankee Stadium. You're right, there is NO question. The Yankees completed the greatest CHOKE in SPORTS HISTORY.

You Yankee fans are unbelievable, just because the Yankees NOW finally have baggage, you try to dump it on some other team. Here is a helpful hint : As Jim Carey would say, "Saddle up partner."

The yankees blew a chance to go to the world series. No guarntee they would win anything. The Sox blew the world series.

Nobody is dumping anything on anyone. But when you keep saying "biggest choke in sports history". 1) it isn't. 2) I can give you bigger chokes in baseball and sports and you Sox fans don't want to believe it.

MikeO said:
The yankees blew a chance to go to the world series. No guarntee they would win anything. The Sox blew the world series.

Nobody is dumping anything on anyone. But when you keep saying "biggest choke in sports history". 1) it isn't. 2) I can give you bigger chokes in baseball and sports and you Sox fans don't want to believe it.

Because you are wrong. You had a lead very late in both games 4 and 5, couldn't get the job done, then you go home and lose 2 more. It's just not even close.

I can name you plenty of teams that have lost the World Series. However, I can only name you one team in baseball that has ever blown a 3-0 series lead.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Because you are wrong. You had a lead very late in both games 4 and 5, couldn't get the job done, then you go home and lose 2 more. It's just not even close.

Its not close, being 1 strike away from winning your first world series in 70+ years or blowing games in the ALCS with nothing more than the "opportunity" to play in the world series. No guarntee of winning it. :shakeno:

But Im not gonna debate this for the 90th million time. Nobody is changing anyones opinion.

Back
Top Bottom