• Chicago Cubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Indians

• Oakland Athletics

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other... I will name them on the thread in my own post.

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Fischfan13 said:
Because they're in denial.
Unbelievable, huh?
Trust me, as someone who lives in the NY area most of the "decent" Yankees fans have taken their spoonful of medicine from last October and have dealt with it.
There are still a few, like the know-it-all who is refusing to believe that this was the greatest choke of all time and is now talking about aliens, who cannot get over it and will continue to go toe-to-toe with anyone who hurts their "wittle feewlings" about this subject.

Hey FaninPatsyLand, my advice to you...
Don't drop it...
Don't ever drop it...
Yankees fan hold on to their past like a fat chick holds on to a Big Mac meal.
Now it's time for someone else to bask...Go for it!

Great post man, good stuff.:up: By the way, Pedro looked amazing yesterday huh? Rough loss, but you guys got yourself a nice little team if you can sure up that bullpen.

By the way, Pedro looked amazing yesterday huh? Rough loss, but you guys got yourself a nice little team if you can sure up that bullpen.

Unfortunately, I think that this bullpen will be the demise of the '05 Mets.
Being on the Mets will be a huge negative on Pedro's W-L record. All of those strikeouts are fantastic, but when Pedro gets 7 runs and still loses there is a huge problem.

Now Benson is hurt..and although we disagree on how good he is the last thing this team needs is to start to lose starting pitchers.
The Trachsel loss was huge. The guy was worth 210 innings easy..and now he is gone. Benson is also a 200+ innings pitcher...

BTW, I know that you probably don't get the YES Network's feed of the Bosox-Yanks game but, Paul O'Neill was up in the booth complaining about the shadows that the blimp flying overhead can cast on Yankee Stadium...
They will NEVER stop complaining!

FaninPatsyLand said:
I must be missing something. How can Yankee fans talk at all after that choke they pulled about 6 months ago? Doesn't make any sense.

Also, I wouldn't want to be measured to this current Yankee team, bunch of overpaid underachievers. Maybe to Yankee teams of the past, but sure as hell not this one.

I hate the Yankees, but Mike is right. They're the standard. They have a great history and 26 world series to back it up. They make up about 1/2 of baseball (which is why they can spend so much).

We've had our fair share of chokes. It's great to finally win. It's a new season, and that's what I care about.

It's going to be a fun season (as usual).

Wow the sox own Rivera... If the yanks have a one run lead, and he's in the game you might as well call it tied up.

Johnny was a foot or two from a HR... Damn.

Fischfan13 said:
Unfortunately, I think that this bullpen will be the demise of the '05 Mets.
Being on the Mets will be a huge negative on Pedro's W-L record. All of those strikeouts are fantastic, but when Pedro gets 7 runs and still loses there is a huge problem.

Now Benson is hurt..and although we disagree on how good he is the last thing this team needs is to start to lose starting pitchers.
The Trachsel loss was huge. The guy was worth 210 innings easy..and now he is gone. Benson is also a 200+ innings pitcher...

BTW, I know that you probably don't get the YES Network's feed of the Bosox-Yanks game but, Paul O'Neill was up in the booth complaining about the shadows that the blimp flying overhead can cast on Yankee Stadium...
They will NEVER stop complaining!

Actually, we don't get the YES feed up here. However, I'm quite used to those guys. Went to Seton Hall for a year before transferring. I never liked O'Neill as a player, but gotta respect the guy he was a great player. But Michael Kay is another story, I DONT respect him.

Benson is a solid number 3 and would be huge loss for any rotation. Anyway, the Mets bullpen might bring you guys down this year. But you guys have all the other pieces there. Beltran is gonna be good for a looooooooooooong time.

I can't remember the last time Foulke let one get away. He's been money for a long time. Oh well... Sox were lucky to be in that game.

Yankees fans must be getting that warm and cuddly feeling all over again...

The fat cats on the block.:fatman:

They remember last October...
Up 1 game to none....:mdfin:

Up 2 games to none...:drinkers:

Up 3 games to none...:party:

Up 3 games to one...:happydrin

Up 3 games to two...:drinker:

Tied at three games apiece...:pray:

After game 7....:jawdrop:

Thank goodness for baseball season!

Hostile7 said:
I hate the Yankees, but Mike is right. They're the standard. They have a great history and 26 world series to back it up. They make up about 1/2 of baseball (which is why they can spend so much).

We've had our fair share of chokes. It's great to finally win. It's a new season, and that's what I care about.

It's going to be a fun season (as usual).

The VOICE OF REASON! Thank you! :thewave:

FaninPatsyLand said:
I must be missing something. How can Yankee fans talk at all after that choke they pulled about 6 months ago? Doesn't make any sense.

Also, I wouldn't want to be measured to this current Yankee team, bunch of overpaid underachievers. Maybe to Yankee teams of the past, but sure as hell not this one.

You don't erase 100 years of history with one ALCS series.:shakeno:

You Red Sox fans think baseball didn't exist before last October. Get over yourselfs

MikeO said:
You don't erase 100 years of history with one ALCS series.:shakeno:

You Red Sox fans think baseball didn't exist before last October. Get over yourselfs

We're not saying it did.

We're saying that it should shut you loud mouth Yankee fans up for at least one year. And it doesn't cause you are an obnoxious group of people.:lol:

FaninPatsyLand said:
We're not saying it did.

We're saying that it should shut you loud mouth Yankee fans up for at least one year. And it doesn't cause you are an obnoxious group of people.:lol:

No. Still the greatest franchise in baseball and sports. One hicup in the road doesn't stop that. Beat us more than once in 86 years then you FORCE us to shut up.

MikeO said:
No. Still the greatest franchise in baseball and sports. One hicup in the road doesn't stop that. Beat us more than once in 86 years then you FORCE us to shut up.

We FORCED you to shut up last year, and you're still talking. It's incredible.:shakeno:

FaninPatsyLand said:
We FORCED you to shut up last year, and you're still talking. It's incredible.:shakeno:

One time in 86 years doens't FORCE anyone to shut up. Only in your little "Boston fantasy land world" where you and only you and your sox fan exist. :shakeno: :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom