• Chicago Cubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland Indians

• Oakland Athletics

• Seattle Mariners

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other... I will name them on the thread in my own post.

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Fischfan13 said:
Only to a Yankees fan who is in denial.
Three games to none in the ninth inning...
With the lead...
Enough said.

And BTW, clean out your sh*thouse...it's stinkin' up this thread!

1 strike away from winning the world series in the 10th inning......with a lead. ENOUGH SAID!

I dont need to clean anything out, I pay you good money to do it for me. Somebody has to keep you employed so you can feed your family. :roflmao:

A bigger "choke" (IMO) was Colts vs. Jets in the superbowl.

The NFL was killing the AFL. The AFL were the east of the NBA (although the east has improved). Joe Namath comes out and starts talking his **** and the big bad colts got their asses beaten. Some players said the game was a fix to make the NFL what it is today, but that IMO was a choke.

I don't consider the Yankee's loss as much of a choke as it was a great comeback by the sox. IMO those saying it was the biggest choke are taking away from what the Sox did.

Even when we're down 3-0 I knew it wasn't over. I remember being at work (watching TV pretty much) and I said what Millar was saying (before he said it). All the sox have to do is win one game to make it 3-1. Then we had Pedro and Schill coming up. Those are winnable games. Anything can happen in the 7th game (although I didn't believe we would win, only that is was possible considering who we had coming up in the rotation).

I hate the Yankee's as much as the next guy, but as I've been saying, it's last year. I will always remember it, and it will never get old. I loved every moment of watching the Yankee fans in Yankee Stadium with their heads down and looking like we do after every year (went went wrong). WS has nothing to do with this year though, and that's all I care about. If we lose this year, my thoughts are not going to be "Owell we won it last year.", I will be pissed.

On a side note, I can't wait till Schilling gets back, because I have a feeling it's going to be a long two weeks. Wade Miller for that matter too.

SO then what you are saying is that it is more difficult to win one football game on a neutral site than to win four baseball games consecutively with two of them being on the oppositions home field?

I dont need to clean anything out, I pay you good money to do it for me. Somebody has to keep you employed so you can feed your family.

You couldn't afford me with your MickeyD's salary.

BTW, the next time you shine my shoes like that no quarter tip for you!
Now get your shinebox and scram.

Boston finally gets it's first win of '05. 7-3 over the Yankees. What a good game. Very good pitching all the way around. Timlin and Rivera struggled. As I said in this thread, I wouldn't trust Mariano with a one run lead against Boston. We have his number. Vs. everyone else, he's money in the bank.

Hostile7 said:
Boston finally gets it's first win of '05. 7-3 over the Yankees. What a good game. Very good pitching all the way around. Timlin and Rivera struggled. As I said in this thread, I wouldn't trust Mariano with a one run lead against Boston. We have his number. Vs. everyone else, he's money in the bank.

Hahahaha. Rivera looked like he was going to bust out in tears on the mound. What's worse is the classless NYers who boo'd him off of the field, unreal :shakeno:. It's the same as booing Derek Jeter :shakeno: :shakeno: .. Not only that but it was the million dollar baby Alex Rodriguez who blew the game by botching a game ending double play! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :lol:

FiN.in.RI said:
Hahahaha. Rivera looked like he was going to bust out in tears on the mound. What's worse is the classless NYers who boo'd him off of the field, unreal :shakeno:. It's the same as booing Derek Jeter :shakeno: :shakeno: .. Not only that but it was the million dollar baby Alex Rodriguez who blew the game by botching a game ending double play! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :lol:

Haha, more like the 200 million dollar baby. Although he did screw that play up, he wouldn't have turned the double play and we would have got at least one run to tie. The rest was icing on the cake.

I don't really blame them for booing Rivera. I mean, we have simply have owned him these last few years. It would be the same if Foulke keeped blowing saves against the biggest rival. I can understand why they're pissed.

Booing Jeter was lame, but his situation and Rivera's were a little different. Jeter was struggling in general (which is why it wasn't cool, he's been so clutch for them) and Rivera just keeps blowing... Saves.:lol:

Hostile7 said:
Haha, more like the 200 million dollar baby. Although he did screw that play up, he wouldn't have turned the double play and we would have got at least one run to tie. The rest was icing on the cake.

I don't really blame them for booing Rivera. I mean, we have simply have owned him these last few years. It would be the same if Foulke keeped blowing saves against the biggest rival. I can understand why they're pissed.

Booing Jeter was lame, but his situation and Rivera's were a little different. Jeter was struggling in general (which is why it wasn't cool, he's been so clutch for them) and Rivera just keeps blowing... Saves.:lol:

He'll get back on track vs. Balteemore. BTW, I agree I would have booed too, I was just throwin out little jabs at the Yanks fans. I hate watching my team blow a save, if Foulke keeps doing the fans should boo the hell out of him!

FiN.in.RI said:
Hahahaha. Rivera looked like he was going to bust out in tears on the mound. Not only that but it was the million dollar baby Alex Rodriguez who blew the game by botching a game ending double play! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :lol:

I was thinking the exact same thing Fin :lol: . I thought he was going to break down right on the mound, we're in his head. :cry:

As far as A-ROD goes :roflmao: . He is the most unclutch player I have ever seen. The complete opposite of Derek Jeter. I disagree with you Hostile, IMO if he fields that grounder cleanly he turns that double play. That ball was hit pretty hard, and got on him quickly. Combine that with the fact that Manny doesn't run all too well, I think that's the game right there.

To see him botch that play, combined with the fact that we got to Rivera.. I'm feeling pretty good. To get out of Yankee Stadium with a win, when our two best pitchers were hurt, and them throwing their best at us.. we're gonna be alright. :D

After watching Pedro, it really made me question why we didn't offer him more guaranteed years. I know he's 33, but he still has years left (and can be a great closer in 2-3 years) He was a fun player, and the greatest in RS history. It wouldn't shock me if was the NL Cy Young winner.

Schilling- One of the best in baseball, period.
Clement- When on, he's nasty. Jekyll and Hyde at times.
Wells- What you see is what you get.
Arroyo- Wild card. Hopefully he keeps getting better
Miller- Nasty when healthy, another wild card.

I'm concerned because the Yankee's staff is sick. I think we're close to equal, but in the playoffs they're going to have a sick rotation. I think we need one more pitcher... Ben Sheets? ;)

Three games and I'm already thinking trade deadline. I'm a sick man.:lol:

EDIT: Listen to this ****... I had Wilkerson on my fantasy baseball team, and I took him out and put someone in (was it D. Young?) his place. ******* hits for the cycle... awful.

Hostile7 said:
After watching Pedro, it really made me question why we didn't offer him more guaranteed years. I know he's 33, but he still has years left (and can be a great closer in 2-3 years) He was a fun player, and the greatest in RS history. It wouldn't shock me if was the NL Cy Young winner.

Schilling- One of the best in baseball, period.
Clement- When on, he's nasty. Jekyll and Hyde at times.
Wells- What you see is what you get.
Arroyo- Wild card. Hopefully he keeps getting better
Miller- Nasty when healthy, another wild card.

I'm concerned because the Yankee's staff is sick. I think we're close to equal, but in the playoffs they're going to have a sick rotation. I think we need one more pitcher... Ben Sheets? ;)

Three games and I'm already thinking trade deadline. I'm a sick man.:lol:

EDIT: Listen to this ****... I had Wilkerson on my fantasy baseball team, and I took him out and put someone in (was it D. Young?) his place. ******* hits for the cycle... awful.

The Sox staff isn't terrible. Just a lot of question marks and health issues. Can Arroyo step up and be a top pitcher on your staff (a 1-2-3 guy and not a 4th or 5th starter like he has been)? Also does Arroyo have 200 innings plus the playoffs in him this year? Can Wade Miller give you 20 starts this year? Wells is so old and broken down he won't make it through the season and come playoff time he will be shot like he was in 2003 with the Yanks. Clement I wouldn't count on the guy has zero control and Boston overpaid big-time for him. They signed him in a "panic move" a day after they lost Pedro. Also, can Schilling stay healthy for an entire season, a question mark at his age and his prior injuries.

Pretty much if Schilling, Arroyo, and Miller do what's expected, then no trade is needed for another pitcher. As in the playoffs you only need 4 starters anyway and you would have Wells, Clement, and Wakefield for one spot in the playoff rotation and the other 2 in the bullpen. And hopefully one of those steps up enough through the course of the year to where having them start a playoff game wouldn't be suicide, which I don't think it would be.

Let's go Blue Jays!!:D Above .500 baby

By the way....if you havent heard, the skydome is now named the Rogers Centre:roflmao: ...most ridiculous name for a baseball stadium

Back
Top Bottom