Your favorite Fins Game(s) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your favorite Fins Game(s)

Pope Shula XIV

EDDSified!
Reaction score
There have been so many great games, but here are my three favorites:

1) Miami @ NY Jets '94 - Dan Marino clock play. Enough said.

2) Miami @ Buffalo '92 - Louis Oliver's 102 yard INT return for a touchdown was a nail in the coffin for the Bills and their fans. It was even sweeter being at Rich Stadium. Hehehe!

3) Miami vs. San Diego '92 Playoffs - Miami plays lights out D and crushes the streaking Chargers 31-0.

...and you can't forget the 1985 Bears-Dolphins classic!

What are yours?

clear.gif

clear.gif

My favorite game was a loss unfortunately. Dolphins - Chargers playoff game that went into double overtime. That was such an incredible game that I didn't feel like we lost. Don Shula was a genious that day. The first game back for Dan Marino after his achilles injury against the Pats was great too. I listened to the game in the Republic of Panama while in the USAF. Classic Marino was back!

I have a couple favorite fin games...the 92 AFC Championship(In Miami) which ended 29-10 Buffalo, and the Jacksonville Miami game which ended...aww screw it, i lost count by halftime

Hey CW, welcome back...

I guess favorite was the 1985 Bears game, then...

The "fake spike" game against the Jets...

CirclingWagons said:
I have a couple favorite fin games...the 92 AFC Championship(In Miami) which ended 29-10 Buffalo, and the Jacksonville Miami game which ended...aww screw it, i lost count by halftime

Those games sucked. Actually any games vs. Buffalo in the 1970s was a good one. :roflmao:
clear.gif

My favorite game all time was when my All -time favorite Fin (RB Troy Stradford) destroyed the Dallas Cowboys in 1987. He had some awesome displays of Jukedum in the game, leaving Walls diving into another DB on one play and he had people diving all over the field and missing. AWESOME GAME!

For me, my two personal favorite games ever, besides the Super Bowl victories, of course, are as follows:

1. Patriots-Dolphins shootout to open the season. That game was just back and forth and really looked like the student vs. Teacher type in gunslingers Marino vs. Bledsoe. It is just too bad the noted professer (Marino) turned out to be battling with a student who rode the short yellow bus (Bledsoe). Marino took Miami on his back and threw them to victory.

2. Dallas-Dolphins. Thanksgiving. Leon Lett. Nuff said. However, I will say more ( :lol: ). I love that game because I was a teenager watching it with my family, most notably, my cousin, who happens to be a huge Cowboys fan. Well, he had had his wisdom teeth pulled earlier in the week and really couldn't talk too much trash. He was all smiles right up until Leon slid into the ball. Pete Stoyanavich kicked the game winner and my cousin was yelling so much that he ripped his stitches and started bleeding everywhere. This caused me to laugh unrelently, until his brother came in and punched me. Jerk gave me a black eye come to think of it. On second thought, that day was fairly middling.

Favorite games

1985 monday night Miami vs Bears, overtime loss to chargers in playoffs. Who could forget the hool and ladder play. Fake spike against jets-I was there. And anytime we beat the jets is great. :)

Samphin said:
For me, my two personal favorite games ever, besides the Super Bowl victories, of course, are as follows:

1. Patriots-Dolphins shootout to open the season. That game was just back and forth and really looked like the student vs. Teacher type in gunslingers Marino vs. Bledsoe. It is just too bad the noted professer (Marino) turned out to be battling with a student who rode the short yellow bus (Bledsoe). Marino took Miami on his back and threw them to victory.

Great game....my #2 choice!

1. Longest NFL game vs. Chiefs, AFC Playoffs, '71 .... Garo wins it in 2 OT...Loaded with future Hall of Famers .... awesome game for a then kid fan on Christmas Day! http://www.profootballhof.com/index.cfm?section=history&cont_id=186958

2. AFC Championship v. Steelers, '84 ... Marino & Marks Brothers on fire!

3. Monday night, Bears, '85 .... Clayton's tip catch & TD...break Bears streak!

4. AFC Playoff vs. Chargers, '82 ... really my #2 but it was the most exhausting & humiliating loss of my Fin fan life!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine would be the AFC champiship game with the jets and AJ Duhe getting 3 INT's and running one back for a TD in the rain and mud.

The double OT with SD was great even tho we lost.
The bears game on monday nite of course
The opening day game when we had 52 agaisnt the jets.
The game when Ricky had his long TD run to end the jets streak agaisnt us
I'l think of some more tomorrow...is 2am

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom