Your favorite heat team pre-Riley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your favorite heat team pre-Riley

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is for the old school heat fans....

Here was the starting lineup if memory serves me correctly:

Steve Smith
Harold Miner/Brian Shaw
Glen Rice
Grant Long
Ronnie Seikaly

With notable contributors such as....

Bimbo Coles, John Spider Salley, Willie Burton, Matt Geiger, Keith Askins and let us not forget that Manute Bol was on that 1994 HEAT team...

They took Atlanta to 5 games in the first round

I tried to do an all-white guy team. But I had trouble at the 2 and 3, with Majerle being the only cool guy out who didn't just stay for a cup of coffee. Alec Kessler and Christian Laettner form quite the defensive unit at the PF spot though. I don't think teams could even penetrate the lane if those two were on the floor at the same time. They would just give up and hand the ball to the referee.

Obviously I went with Rony Seikaly and Matt Geiger in the middle. Offense and defense. Beauty and the Beast. Michael Doleac - just didn't have the charisma.

Tropical Dan Majerle gets to play out of position on this team. But he's up to the challenge.

In the backcourt, I had to go with my boys John Crotty and Rex Walters...........Ok, moving right along.....

My pick for coach of this team is none other than Kevin Loughery. Without him we never would have gotten Alvin Gentry. Thanks Kevin.

Honorable Mention - Wang Zhi Zhi. His name is Wang.

I loved the inagural teams, Seikely, Sherman Douglas, Grant Long, Alan Ogg!!!
I almost cried when they traded Sherman Douglas for Brain Shaw

I ****ING LOVE THE HEAT, I PRAY TO GOD THEY WIN THIS YEAR!!

i remember when we drafted harold... amazing college player... amazing slam-dunk champion... amazing "next michael j" comparisons - turned out...not so amazing - i heard he is a cop now

Back
Top Bottom