Your First Dolphins Jersey was ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your First Dolphins Jersey was ?

Got the Bob Griese one for Christmas when I was about 10. Only other Dolphins jersey was a Marino 1994 Wilson aqua one that my buddy got for free at the '95 SB in AZ. His sister owned a travel agency in LA and the Raiders went thru her for all their travel. He got into some NFL party and there was free schwag everywhere. I've never worn it. Thinking about calling the Dolphins to have Marino sign it. Then I'd frame it. View attachment 75247View attachment 75248
OMG, this is exactly what I had, one of the jersey shirts above. #81, no name, would have been Jimmy Cefalo at the time. He is from NEPA as well (Pittston, PA).

And my first actual jersey was an aqua Marino of course.

Zach Thomas in '04. I wanted a Ricky Williams jersey but couldn't find any at that time.. so I went with Thomas.
I was lucky. I found a white Zach Thomas AND an orange Ricky Williams at a garage sale for $5 each. I can't wait to wear them again at the sports bar IF I can manage to get Sundays off again.

Aqua Zach Thomas. It was early 2000s. I outgrew it and donated it to Goodwill

I can recall most of the jerseys I've had:
Aqua Zach Thomas (donated)
Orange Jason Taylor (donated out of anger when he joined the Jets, I regret donating it now)
Orange Daunte Culpepper (donated)
White Trent Green (still have, one of the worst impulse buys of my life)
White Ronnie Brown (still have)

I've largely outgrown buying sports jerseys...I prefer a comfy shirt instead

Nat Moore. It may have been a t-shirt, it was about 1980 so my memory could be tricking me.

I think it was Marino but I remember getting my winter jacket, hat, and mittens from the Sears catalog (about the size of the old large telephone books) and going to the catalogue ordering store to pick it up. The mittens were huge but I represented the Fins big time in the Northeast back in the late 60s-early 70s as a young elementary school kid. First Jersey was def Marino.

Best thing was catching a game maybe once every year if they made the playoffs as television was not like it was today and of course no internet, cell phones, etc. I remember to would get some magazine that had some off season info and I cherished that throughout the season. Probably caught two games in person in the 70s at the Orange Bowl...so easy to be a fan now with technology.

Back
Top Bottom