Your First Dolphins Jersey was ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your First Dolphins Jersey was ?

I was lucky. I found a white Zach Thomas AND an orange Ricky Williams at a garage sale for $5 each. I can't wait to wear them again at the sports bar IF I can manage to get Sundays off again.

Ah, nice. I live in WV, so Miami Dolphins' jerseys are really hard to find (unless you order online). I remember this jersey store (can't remember its name) at the mall sold like WV Mountaineers jerseys, Marshall jerseys, Pittsburg Steelers (and Pirates) jerseys, and some other sports teams jersey (Mostly Pittsburg, Cleveland, and Cincinnati teams. There were a few Miami Dolphins jerseys, but I couldn't find a Ricky Williams jersey since he was my favorite player. I saw a Zach Thomas jersey for $20 bucks and brought it instead. I was 16 at that time, so I was happy either way.

It was a Bob Griese jersey, but I have no idea where my parents got it. It had Miami's colors and the #12, but did not have Griese's name on it or the NFL shield. The material was extremely slippery but was almost impossible to rip. For some reason my brother got a New Orleans Saints jersey with the #21 on it.
I still have the first jersey I actually bought in '84, an aqua Marino jersey made by Wilson.

1620082913092.png1620082950100.png

Doug Betters 1983 NFL Defensive player of the year . Number 75. Part of the Killer Bees Defense , He had 16 sacks that year.It was about $ 100.00 dollars then my wife saved almost all year to give it to me , authentic Jersey. This man was a beast

1620099516589.jpeg

Dan Marino, 1988 White Jersey.
I cannot find that jersey but it was not an embroidered jersey. I added three embroidered jerseys since then.
Marino Aqua
Ricky Williams Orange (love it)
Tua Aqua

My first is a little weathered almost fifty years later, but I got it in 1973....it was the winterized Aqua worn or at least packed for Houston in Super Bowl VIII.
It has held up pretty good, but I wore it a bunch whenever weather permitted....it is heavy. Tim Foley became one of my favorite players...

Attachments

• 425621A2-3574-455D-A803-D14DA0B7168A.jpeg
    425621A2-3574-455D-A803-D14DA0B7168A.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom