Your greatest "What If" Moment in Dolphins History | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your greatest "What If" Moment in Dolphins History

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Think of a game where "What if" one play had gone another way and could have changed the Phins season. I can think of 3 that stick out right now. 1. Bokamper picks off Theismans pass and scores in SB17. It would have put Riggins on the bench and dramatically altered that game. Damn Theisman had to be heads up and break up the play. 2. Von Schamann actually makes that kick in OT against SD in playoffs. Not sure Miami would have beaten Cincy the next week in -59 degree weather but it would be nice to say we won the greatest game in history. 3. In week 15 in 94, Miami trailed Indy 10-6 with about 2 minutes left and had 1st and goal. Mark Ingram clearly was interfered with on 2 plays particularly 4th and 2 and Miami lost. The consequence was not getting a 1st round bye (We beat KC in wild card game) and the choke in the SD playoff game. Had we been at home things could have been different. I still think that team was good enough to get to the SB. Let me know what you think. I know it's a weird subject but not much else going on right now.
:eat:

here's one from recent history, but not all that important compared to sacking Stabler before he got that pass off to C Davis ;)

What if, Jay just tucked the ball under his arm instead of throwing that miserable INT after we came back to the 6 yard at the end of the Jet fiasco #1 in 2001 :confused: Then next down OG would have caught winning TD and the streak would have ended. :fire:

P.S. this is not about Jay, so please...............

What if, Czonk, Warfield and Kiick do not leave for the WFL ?

What if we did not choke ag. NE in the AFC Championship game in '85 and Marino got to face Bears again for the big one ?

Actually mine comes from the '94 playoff game against SD...Stoyo makes the 47 yd FG and puts us in the AFC Title game.

Last years playoff game against Baltimore...
1. Stop Elvis Gs 45 yd pass, keeping them backed up and punting from our endzone OR McKnight actually CATCHING the for sure TD instead of causing the int. If we stopped that 45 yd pass, they would not have killed alot of the clock and scored. Plus field position would have been largely in our favor the 2nd half.

Last year against Patriots...Lamar scores instead of fumbles. We win that game lock up the #2 seed and 1st rd bye. Then who knows:confused: :confused: :confused:

Heres a recent one:

What if Jerry Wilson could have covered Wayne Chrebet and the Monday Night Miracle never happened? That would have given the Fins a 12-4 record, and a first round bye. That meant no playing Indy, and having a fresh Lamar for the Divisional playoffs. Now that team was good enough to beat Baltimore I thought.

Wait a second, what if Fiedler never got his rotator cuff injured? Let me tell you, that Tampa game would have belonged to the Fins, also giving a first round bye.

Originally posted by BMarion31
Heres a recent one:

What if Jerry Wilson could have covered Wayne Chrebet
What if Jerry Wilson could have covered anybody :goof: :p

What if Marino didn't tear his Achilles, we were 9-2 at the time and could've beaten anyone w/ a healthy Marino that year

what if Stoyo makes that FG in SD. We were up in half 1, we were down in half 2 and lost by a point....

1994: Dolphins in SD
21-22

SD went on to beat Pittsburgh 17-13 to go to the superbowl......

My "What if" is the Bokamper interception in SB XVII. I can still see that play in my nightmares.

What if Marino didn't tear his Achilles, we were 9-2 at the time and could've beaten anyone w/ a healthy Marino that year

Not to burst your bubble...but Dan went down in like week 5 or 6 and we only had 1 loss(Jets in week 2 if i remember correct). Scott Mitchell came in and threw an INT on his first pass attempt that was returned for a TD...BUT he came back in the second half and threw for 2 TDs and lead us to a win. He actually did very well that year until the end when all we needed to do was win one out of three games and we lost them all...Also the year when it snowed in Dallas and Leon botched the blocked field goal setting us up for a winning FG again...that was our las win of that season..."Miracle in the Snow" game...

Here's a trivia question...Who was our starting QB for the Miracle in the Snow game???

CONGRATS 984...you are the proud winner of...My admiration and respect.:D :D :D

Although i did think it would at least a few tries before someone got it.:goof:

Back
Top Bottom