Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire

Yeah but the good thing is he realizes the mistake and moves on right away. Not to mention the contracts being so team friendly that it doesn't hurt to move on right away. I'm fine with him bringing in players and getting rid of them right away so long as the contracts let us. In the past we would hang on to crappy free agent players and couldn't get out of their crappy contract. So that's refreshing
This right here. You hit right on the head eMCee. Yes he’s made some mistakes but structured those contracts in a way we could get out of them in a hurry without hurting our cap. It’s ok to make mistakes and mistakes will definitely be made but being able to recognize a mistake and correct it almost immediately is what good GMs do and that’s what Grier has done. The guy has rebuilt us into a contender in 3 short years. No we’re not quite ready to challenge for a Super Bowl but we are most definitely playoff contenders and well on our way to being Super Bowl contenders. Everything now hinges on Tua becoming what we all hope he will. He now has playmaker and speed all over the field. He’s always going to have a stout defense backing him as long as Flo is in control and we’ve put the pieces up front to give him protection. We are also one of the youngest teams in the league and have accumulated mega draft ammo. We are close. Very very close and that’s all you can ask for from a GM.

You have to at least admit his use of free agency has been questionable when over 4 of his 2020 free agent signings are no longer with the team. Plus, he hasn't really addressed the glaring hole at RB. Hopefully he gets it done.
They are no longer with Miami because Grier is using FA as rentals for the most part, once younger cheaper players came into the picture, he did not resign them.

I agree he has missed on a few FA, but yet again have to give him credit for getting rid of mistakes quick, and not allow the failure to continue.

You have to at least admit his use of free agency has been questionable when over 4 of his 2020 free agent signings are no longer with the team. Plus, he hasn't really addressed the glaring hole at RB. Hopefully he gets it done.

Maybe so, but unlike most GMs, he moves on from them quickly and replaces them, instead of hoping they'll play better next year or the year after. All GM's make mistakes, the best ones are not afraid to move on from them. Grier is one of them. I've been a Fin Fan for 41 years and this is the best GM/Player Personnel Executive since Shula, and Shula made his fair share of mistakes.

I have to disagree that RB is a "glaring" hole. Gaskins is serviceable, and will be better with an improved offensive line. Should we still address that position in the near future, "YES" but it's not as glaring of a need as you point out, at least Grier and Flo don't think so.

Next year they'll address center and RB, the two cheapest positions in the NFL to address. That's smart team-building.

Good and bad....trading out of 3 and the end result of it all was not good.
We don't know this, they're all prospects at this point. As much as everyone is panning the draft it doesn't mean squat until it actually comes to fruition.

I've seen a lot of can't miss prospects miss in many sports throughout my lifetime.

We don't know this, they're all prospects at this point. As much as everyone is panning the draft it doesn't mean squat until it actually comes to fruition.

I've seen a lot of can't miss prospects miss in many sports throughout my lifetime.
I don’t Have a problem with most of the draft picks....I just wish they had not traded out of 3 because of Pitts and Chase.

Hopefully Waddle will make us forget about it, but I have no doubt Kyle Pitts is a Megatron beast and will light up the NFL!

I don’t Have a problem with most of the draft picks....I just wish they had not traded out of 3 because of Pitts and Chase.

Hopefully Waddle will make us forget about it, but I have no doubt Kyle Pitts is a Megatron beast and will light up the NFL!
I really liked the trade down and up because I figured they stayed in the top tier of talent. I've always felt that 2023 1st hedged our bets at QB if Tua doesn't work out for any reason and if he does it's a great year to go for it by adding a luxury piece such as a top RB.

Highlights of his draft:
Tanked for Tua, dismantled the team.
Traded for Josh Rosen
Tua over Herbert
6 picks on Oline in 2 draft, and more attempts in FA, and nothing fixed.
2 picks in rd one last year, Jackson and Igbo.

It's not good. It is a horror show.

Highlights of his draft:
Tanked for Tua, dismantled the team.
Traded for Josh Rosen
Tua over Herbert
6 picks on Oline in 2 draft, and more attempts in FA, and nothing fixed.
2 picks in rd one last year, Jackson and Igbo.

It's not good. It is a horror show.
from perennial lose to outside looking in
pretty darn good compared to you

he can be careless with draft picks
Just because he doesn't draft the person that you want or trades up for a player that they really want does not mean they are careless.

Did you also know that he makes really good trades to gather us alot of good pick that you say he is careless with?

Back
Top Bottom