Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire

Highlights of his draft:
Tanked for Tua, dismantled the team.
Traded for Josh Rosen
Tua over Herbert
6 picks on Oline in 2 draft, and more attempts in FA, and nothing fixed.
2 picks in rd one last year, Jackson and Igbo.

It's not good. It is a horror show.
3 picks in round 1 last year.

Grier's best moves have all been at the executive level.

Hiring Flo. Landing Reggie and Marvelous Marvin.

He did a great job stripping the team down, fixing the cap, and the Tunsil trade was a HR -- but of course we got really lucky with that outcome. No one remotely anticipated that kind of yield -- landing us the #3. The handing of that precious commodity was his worst move in terms of leveraging value IMO. But he at least found a way to extend the dividend.

Overall you have to be impressed by the transformation ever since he took absolute control in Dec '18. I haven't checked lately but I think you'd be hard pressed to find 5 players that were on the roster at that time. Pretty dramatic complete rebuild. So when you look at the total body of his work --- it's pretty staggering in many ways.

Last edited:
Ok, I checked and this is the core (10) that survived since Flo come on board.

Albert Wilson
DeVante Parker
Bobby McCain
Xavien Howard
Jakeem Grant Sr.
Jesse Davis
Durham Smythe
Jason Sanders
Mike Gesicki
Jerome Baker

Could see at least 3 of those gone soon... Bold = solid players that should stick.

I don’t agree with how Grier drafts players. But....I’m also not an NFL GM....He is.

That being said, I will continue to be critical of him until he proves to me he can hit it big. Keep in mind, Grier has been on the Dolphins staff for somewhere around 20 years. How many titles have we won? Playoff games? I know.... He’s not to blame for all of it....But sooner or later someone has to point to his side of the table.

As for 2021.....The NFL talking heads all love his draft....I disagree.... His biggest mistake was that he ****ed up by trading down from 3 a month before the draft. We’ll see who’s right in the future.

Regardless, the players Grier has chosen (no matter how they got here) are Dolphins now and I’m rooting for them 100%. Likewise, I may be very critical of Grier, but I’m rooting for him to prove me wrong.

Just thought I’d post that.

I think Gtier is doing a great job....I got your back Grier.

It'd be a crazy ride!!

He's our wr coach now. Now the player are using speed to run routes faster. He's officially increased waddles time to 3.1 making him uncatchable. Team consultant Michael Irving tested this on himself playing pro as well as teaching our players cheap shots.

He's our wr coach now. Now the player are using speed to run routes faster. He's officially increased waddles time to 3.1 making him uncatchable. Team consultant Michael Irving tested this on himself playing pro as well as teaching our players cheap shots.
you're one of a kind junior

I don’t Have a problem with most of the draft picks....I just wish they had not traded out of 3 because of Pitts and Chase.

Hopefully Waddle will make us forget about it, but I have no doubt Kyle Pitts is a Megatron beast and will light up the NFL!
Have fun on that saddle. I guess you get to be either the I told you so guy or the guy who apologizes and eats crow. Want to be either of those? Keep it up. Otherwise move the fvck on and support your team.

Bobby Beathard?
That's the correct name, even though Beathard was technically the personnel director and not the general manager. Beathard was a huge fan favorite, largely due to how media friendly he was, always giving interviews and doing the radio talk shows. Plus the boyish grin of a California kid who always looked like he'd prefer to be carrying a surfboard.

Chuck Connor took over for Beathard and the public relations aspect could not have suffered any more than it did. Connor would do the pre-draft radio programs on WKAT with a very young Chris Myers as host, but Connor came across as so stale and robotic it didn't matter what he was saying. Consequently Beathard had some flop picks like Donald Reese and Daryl Carlton that were quickly forgotten but every mistake stuck to Chuck Connor.

Joe Thomas was heavily respected in the early years. But since the team wasn't winning nobody had a glow. Then during the '70s George Young was always whispered as heavily coveted in league circles. But he was so low key compared to Bobby Beathard I'd say the name recognition locally was perhaps 25% as high as Beathard's.

The expectation is to win. Miami hasn’t done that in 48 years.
Grier/Flo combo have been in charge for 2+ years. Everything prior is irrelevant to judging them on their own merits.

I get the frustration of the past, but what does it have to do with the subject at hand?

Not fair to lay all that at their feet, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom