Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire

I haven’t been on a forum like this for nearly 20 years to come post messages as a cheerleader.

I come here to discuss the happenings of this football team, and exchange opinions about those things. If not for those reasons?....Why come here?

What has Grier accomplished with this team to deserve “blind faith” and unquestioned authority?

This threads title was attacking the faith of other posters....in a man in charge of making major team building decisions for the Miami Dolphins.

A man that has been a scout and executive here since 2000, the entire period of failure for this organization. Is he responsible for all of that? Of course not....but that resume doesn’t remove him from scrutiny.

Just as the players are accountable for their play and actions...so is the GM.

The Leonte Carroo trade up in 2016 was a poor decision giving away multiple picks .

The 2017 draft was pathetic...Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillian and Tankersley the first three picks.

Trading away an all pro Safety drafted in 2018 for the 16th pick in the draft ?

The 2019 draft was far less than what you would call a stellar draft? Picking Michael Dieter with your second pick of the draft (third round)

In 2020....he traded away a top young left tackle for multiple future picks. Looks impressive on the surface but he proceeds to draft a smallish QB who had a major hip injury, that was far inferior to The young QB picked right after....both physically and in arm talent. The QB he missed on proceeded to break rookie records and win rookie of the year.

He also used another first rounder on a cornerback who has yet to prove he can play at a high level in this league.

In 2021....he makes an early trade out at number 3 and ends up at 6 after two trades. By moving out of number 3 he misses out on a rare player called universally a “unicorn” and the top rated wide receiver. He trades two first round picks to get Jaylen Waddle in reality....The second round is also questionable as he bypassed the highest rated safety in the draft for an opt out...and used one of two draft picks he had left from trading out of 3 to trade up 8 slots in round two for an offensive lineman with short arms?

There is some good decisions he has been responsible for...but more than enough questionable and bad decisions to not crown him a genius or worthy of blind support....Charles Harris sticks in my mind!
Boom. 100% This.

I don’t agree with how Grier drafts players. But....I’m also not an NFL GM....He is.

That being said, I will continue to be critical of him until he proves to me he can hit it big. Keep in mind, Grier has been on the Dolphins staff for somewhere around 20 years. How many titles have we won? Playoff games? I know.... He’s not to blame for all of it....But sooner or later someone has to point to his side of the table.

As for 2021.....The NFL talking heads all love his draft....I disagree.... His biggest mistake was that he ****ed up by trading down from 3 a month before the draft. We’ll see who’s right in the future.

Regardless, the players Grier has chosen (no matter how they got here) are Dolphins now and I’m rooting for them 100%. Likewise, I may be very critical of Grier, but I’m rooting for him to prove me wrong.

Just thought I’d post that.

I respect your opinion on this, and especially the fact that you are rooting for the players now that they are on the team.

I don't think you should hold Grier responsible for the last 20 years of frustration, just because he's been employed by the team during that time. Plenty of people work in jobs where even if they have a great year at their job, the decisions by upper management steer the direction of the company into a bad performance.

Have you thought about how to define the 'hit it big' you want Grier to do? Is it draft the way you want him to, sign the FA you want him to, or is it for the team to win the Super Bowl? Which of these outcomes would define Grier 'hitting it big' to you?

Who is this guy? Fin hater it seems. Comments show he's getting slated for that Dolphin grade. Screenshot_20210503-154416_Twitter.jpg

Grier is the one who gets all the hate or praise depending on what side of the fence you sit on. But I think the biggest thing that has made Miami turn things around is the fact we have a collection of talented/experienced NFL minds. Obviously Flores has schemes and skill sets that he needs his players to have, Grier targets guys who check those boxes. So we don’t have that issue of drafting guys who don’t fit. Reggie Mckenzie and Marvin Allen give us 2 guys with a ton of experience and gives us basically 3 GMs in terms of experience.
Your post describes it perfectly. Flores, McKenzie and Allen are the ones evaluating players.

Highlights of his draft:
Tanked for Tua, dismantled the team.
Traded for Josh Rosen
Tua over Herbert
6 picks on Oline in 2 draft, and more attempts in FA, and nothing fixed.
2 picks in rd one last year, Jackson and Igbo.

It's not good. It is a horror show.
Largo if Tua becomes a franchise QB, and takes that step this year that’s all what really counts in the end. Unless we trade for Rodgers Tua is the one we’re banking on.

Largo if Tua becomes a franchise QB, and takes that step this year that’s all what really counts in the end. Unless we trade for Rodgers Tua is the one we’re banking on.

I don't worry about Tua right now. He is good. Worst thing, it will hit them in the face two years from now that hey, we need more out of that position, like it hit the Niners and the Bears. No big deal. But how about the rest of the roster? It's this management I worry about. The wasted picks and years. 2first orund picks on a slot receiver, 6 picks over two draft on Oline that is not fixed, a second rounder on Rosen.

I find the faith in Grier interesting... He's not bad but has he been a great GM?

He stripped down the average roster that he partially built for Gase. People are putting Flores on a pedastle for winning 10 games in his first "non-tank" season. Well Gase won 10 games in his first year too (Sparano won 11...).

Let's see if this year continues the upward trend which is where the last few coaches faltered.

I have been waiting to make the playoffs to shut up about Grier. This better be the year.

Back
Top Bottom