Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire

The anti-Grier posters have been reduced over the past few years but unfortunately it will only take one bad season for the “fire Grier’ voices to dominate again. So I will just sit back and enjoy it for as long as I can.

Last edited:
it's almost as if he's been instrumental in this franchise being terrible since 2000 or something. What gives guy! Why the hate?

It's clear to me that Grier was not his "own man" while Tannenbaum was in town.

I wonder what would have happened if we replaced Tannenbaum with Grier when Gase came to town?

I'm not trolling, but as you can see I would be great at it if I wanted to - LOL

It's clear to me that Grier was not his "own man" while Tannenbaum was in town.

I wonder what would have happened if we replaced Tannenbaum with Grier when Gase came to town?

I'm not trolling, but as you can see I would be great at it if I wanted to - LOL
Gase probably would have taken Grier down with him, TBH.

I like Grier but man I love LOVE Coach Flo. I got a buddy who grew up around him and his family he can't say enough good things about him. You can see how much pride he takes in his work. I feel we are good hands. Fins the eff up!

I feel the same. Grier got better when Flores came to town

They actually have a good working relationship and you know Flores gets the players he really wants

Wasn't he in the scouting dept at New England for years ?

I feel the same. Grier got better when Flores came to town

They actually have a good working relationship and you know Flores gets the players he really wants

Wasn't he in the scouting dept at New England for years ?
yes, and many other jobs there working his way up...

It's always a good IMO to have a HC who has an eye for talent and knows what he's looking for -- and what he's looking for actually works!

Nope!

Sometimes you sign guys to be a patch.

Small patch.
Ppl have to remember the timeline, and chain of events.

Before last season the cap was high, and we HAD to spend the money. Sitting on it was not an option.

Then Covid hit. The cap went drastically down. Those signings, as with other teams, were done under an alternate reality.

Even so, Grier was wise enough to structure the contracts so outs were possible.

I'm an emotional Dolphins Fan, so there are times my frustration gets taken out on the higher ups. Overall, I have been a staunch Grier supporter, until he went and made that 2nd trade with Philly for one of the two 2022 1st round picks they had. So I kind of soured on him until the 2nd and 3rd day of the draft was over. The guy did a great job during the draft this past weekend. Things are looking up again in my book. Also as a 40 plus year NFL Draft Fan, I've had my hopes of certain players the team would select. And like any other fan, who's preferred choice isn't taken, you vent. I might be 57 but when it comes to the Dolphins I can get pretty childish. I still root my heart out for the team and the players. Grier doesn't get the credit he deserves from many fans. These last 2 years have been a huge surprise in what he's been able to accomplish. He seems to be righting the ship in South Beach.

Ppl have to remember the timeline, and chain of events.

Before last season the cap was high, and we HAD to spend the money. Sitting on it was not an option.

Then Covid hit. The cap went drastically down. Those signings, as with other teams, were done under an alternate reality.

Even so, Grier was wise enough to structure the contracts so outs were possible.
Free agency isn't like Golden Corral.

Sometimes you just have to make do with Sloppy Joe.

Grier is the one who gets all the hate or praise depending on what side of the fence you sit on. But I think the biggest thing that has made Miami turn things around is the fact we have a collection of talented/experienced NFL minds. Obviously Flores has schemes and skill sets that he needs his players to have, Grier targets guys who check those boxes. So we don’t have that issue of drafting guys who don’t fit. Reggie Mckenzie and Marvin Allen give us 2 guys with a ton of experience and gives us basically 3 GMs in terms of experience.

Grier is the one who gets all the hate or praise depending on what side of the fence you sit on. But I think the biggest thing that has made Miami turn things around is the fact we have a collection of talented/experienced NFL minds. Obviously Flores has schemes and skill sets that he needs his players to have, Grier targets guys who check those boxes. So we don’t have that issue of drafting guys who don’t fit. Reggie Mckenzie and Marvin Allen give us 2 guys with a ton of experience and gives us basically 3 GMs in terms of experience.

good points

Back
Top Bottom