Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire

Ok, I checked and this is the core (10) that survived since Flo come on board.

Albert Wilson
DeVante Parker
Bobby McCain
Xavien Howard
Jakeem Grant Sr.
Jesse Davis
Durham Smythe
Jason Sanders
Mike Gesicki
Jerome Baker

Could see at least 3 of those gone soon... Bold = solid players that should stick.

To add to that, we got to KEEP at least 3 of those players you bolded...we cant just 'rent' these guys for a few years and then bye bye just as they hit their prime...

Have fun on that saddle. I guess you get to be either the I told you so guy or the guy who apologizes and eats crow. Want to be either of those? Keep it up. Otherwise move the fvck on and support your team.
I haven’t been on a forum like this for nearly 20 years to come post messages as a cheerleader.

I come here to discuss the happenings of this football team, and exchange opinions about those things. If not for those reasons?....Why come here?

What has Grier accomplished with this team to deserve “blind faith” and unquestioned authority?

This threads title was attacking the faith of other posters....in a man in charge of making major team building decisions for the Miami Dolphins.

A man that has been a scout and executive here since 2000, the entire period of failure for this organization. Is he responsible for all of that? Of course not....but that resume doesn’t remove him from scrutiny.

Just as the players are accountable for their play and actions...so is the GM.

The Leonte Carroo trade up in 2016 was a poor decision giving away multiple picks .

The 2017 draft was pathetic...Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillian and Tankersley the first three picks.

Trading away an all pro Safety drafted in 2018 for the 16th pick in the draft ?

The 2019 draft was far less than what you would call a stellar draft? Picking Michael Dieter with your second pick of the draft (third round)

In 2020....he traded away a top young left tackle for multiple future picks. Looks impressive on the surface but he proceeds to draft a smallish QB who had a major hip injury, that was far inferior to The young QB picked right after....both physically and in arm talent. The QB he missed on proceeded to break rookie records and win rookie of the year.

He also used another first rounder on a cornerback who has yet to prove he can play at a high level in this league.

In 2021....he makes an early trade out at number 3 and ends up at 6 after two trades. By moving out of number 3 he misses out on a rare player called universally a “unicorn” and the top rated wide receiver. He trades two first round picks to get Jaylen Waddle in reality....The second round is also questionable as he bypassed the highest rated safety in the draft for an opt out...and used one of two draft picks he had left from trading out of 3 to trade up 8 slots in round two for an offensive lineman with short arms?

There is some good decisions he has been responsible for...but more than enough questionable and bad decisions to not crown him a genius or worthy of blind support....Charles Harris sticks in my mind!

Its the G** D*** Alabama fans!

We didn't take every Alabama prospect with every pick we had, therfore Grier sucks.

Alabama fans need to go back to watching Alabama!

The only thing I like about Grier is that he and Flo realize Gaskin is good and Brown will do for short yardage. I am thrilled they drafted Eichenberg. Who wins at left guard is only answer remaining on the Oline. I think Doaks will be fine as well.

Open holes and seams and there's 500 RBs that can run thru them. Very few difference makers like Henry and Kamara. Where did Zeke lead they Cowboys last year?

Grier has handled the last couple offseasons well in getting assets for the draft and also getting out of a very bad cap situation (may be his most impressive work honestly). Also helps that the approach to scouting has gone through a much needed upgrade and certain people don't have a huge voice anymore.

Next step is the team has to win plain and simple.

Grier has handled the last couple offseasons well in getting assets for the draft and also getting out of a very bad cap situation (may be his most impressive work honestly). Also helps that the approach to scouting has gone through a much needed upgrade and certain people don't have a huge voice anymore.

It's Flores show now.

Like what that kid "the streak" did to me years ago, I've been "Flashed" - LOL
Grier has recruited play makers, defenders, tackles, henchmen and men that will thrive in the new Grier empire. Doubters will face consequences for their betrayal. If you are not with Grier then you are a traitor!

View attachment 75253

That last part of the sentence sounds a bit communist Pal. We can agree to disagree with out name calling.
Traitor. Really.

No doubt. Expectations are rising and with that the "pressure" to produce the product on the field we all want.

Even tho we just completed Phase II of the complete rebuild the program is (for the most part) ahead of schedule.

Being the youngest team in the league -- we need to see positive development from the players we've invested in.

As a group, if the youth on this team can make a collective JUMP in performance and establish themselves as ascending Pros

then we will know we're definitely on the right course. Add to that a significant improvement in O coaching and design

and we should be clearly improved across the board. Of course so much hinges on Tua -- that's the #1 development we need.

No doubt. Expectations are rising and with that the "pressure" to produce the product on the field we all want.

Even tho we just completed Phase II of the complete rebuild the program is (for the most part) ahead of schedule.

Being the youngest team in the league -- we need to see positive development from the players we've invested in.

As a group, if the youth on this team can make a collective JUMP in performance and establish themselves as ascending Pros

then we will know we're definitely on the right course. Add to that a significant improvement in O coaching and design

and we should be clearly improved across the board. Of course so much hinges on Tua -- that's the #1 development we need.

Whether people think Tua will develop or not I think based on what I think Flo wants offensively they gave him the right weapons with Fuller, Waddle, and Long.

I haven’t been on a forum like this for nearly 20 years to come post messages as a cheerleader.

I come here to discuss the happenings of this football team, and exchange opinions about those things. If not for those reasons?....Why come here?

What has Grier accomplished with this team to deserve “blind faith” and unquestioned authority?

This threads title was attacking the faith of other posters....in a man in charge of making major team building decisions for the Miami Dolphins.

A man that has been a scout and executive here since 2000, the entire period of failure for this organization. Is he responsible for all of that? Of course not....but that resume doesn’t remove him from scrutiny.

Just as the players are accountable for their play and actions...so is the GM.

The Leonte Carroo trade up in 2016 was a poor decision giving away multiple picks .

The 2017 draft was pathetic...Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillian and Tankersley the first three picks.

Trading away an all pro Safety drafted in 2018 for the 16th pick in the draft ?

The 2019 draft was far less than what you would call a stellar draft? Picking Michael Dieter with your second pick of the draft (third round)

In 2020....he traded away a top young left tackle for multiple future picks. Looks impressive on the surface but he proceeds to draft a smallish QB who had a major hip injury, that was far inferior to The young QB picked right after....both physically and in arm talent. The QB he missed on proceeded to break rookie records and win rookie of the year.

He also used another first rounder on a cornerback who has yet to prove he can play at a high level in this league.

In 2021....he makes an early trade out at number 3 and ends up at 6 after two trades. By moving out of number 3 he misses out on a rare player called universally a “unicorn” and the top rated wide receiver. He trades two first round picks to get Jaylen Waddle in reality....The second round is also questionable as he bypassed the highest rated safety in the draft for an opt out...and used one of two draft picks he had left from trading out of 3 to trade up 8 slots in round two for an offensive lineman with short arms?

There is some good decisions he has been responsible for...but more than enough questionable and bad decisions to not crown him a genius or worthy of blind support....Charles Harris sticks in my mind!
Grier certainly isn't beyond reproach. Nobody is, so we can agree there.

You want to debate how good/bad he is? I'm game, but we have to start at some point of reference.

Give me your 3 top GMs, with at least 4 drafts directly attributed to their name.

Then we can break down their moves as well, giving us some comparisons to work with.

Judging in a vacuum, without context is dishonest, so let's see how those GMs did as far as hits, misses, cap management, draft asset aquisitions, etc.

Whether people think Tua will develop or not I think based on what I think Flo wants offensively they gave him the right weapons with Fuller, Waddle, and Long.
I'm going to be optimistic about the kid... If the added talent is a big key to his performance then great.

I also believe (obviously) the OL is a huge factor here. If we can give the kid a clean pocket with some degree of room to operate

it will make his life a lot easier.

If there's one thing that worries me for 2021 its having two OC's. I get one is the passing coordinator and one is the running coordinator, while the passing coordinator is calling the plays, but it just seems odd. I want the OC to be in control of the entire offense, not just a portion of it.

The only way I see this working out is if when they're in the same room together, someone has to defer to the other one. You can't have a disagreement in an offensive game plan. If players see coaches disagreeing on a game plan, they will lose confidence in it as well. Hopefully this is all worked out internally and the co-offensive coordinator titles are more for keeping them from getting hired by other organizations than anything else. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom