Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your lack of faith in Grier is disturbing... Join the Grier Empire

If these picks pan out for the most part I'll start to be a big supporter of Grier.

As of now I find him great at finding suitable starters but I need to see him hit a couple impact players to really feel good.

Grier/Flo combo have been in charge for 2+ years. Everything prior is irrelevant to judging them on their own merits.

I get the frustration of the past, but what does it have to do with the subject at hand?

Not fair to lay all that at their feet, IMO.
I understand it’s a work in progress. We’ll see what they can do.

I respect your opinion on this, and especially the fact that you are rooting for the players now that they are on the team.

I don't think you should hold Grier responsible for the last 20 years of frustration, just because he's been employed by the team during that time. Plenty of people work in jobs where even if they have a great year at their job, the decisions by upper management steer the direction of the company into a bad performance.

Have you thought about how to define the 'hit it big' you want Grier to do? Is it draft the way you want him to, sign the FA you want him to, or is it for the team to win the Super Bowl? Which of these outcomes would define Grier 'hitting it big' to you?
Team success is the way I'll judge Grier. No ifs ands or buts. We played well last year... Let's see how we do this year. If we're 10-7 or better.... I will definitely admit Grier is a better GM than I'm giving him credit for. If we are 9-8 or worse, I'm going to give him hell..... and rightfully so. I really don't want to ever say "I told you so" this year or next.

Highlights of his draft:
Tanked for Tua, dismantled the team.
Traded for Josh Rosen
Tua over Herbert
6 picks on Oline in 2 draft, and more attempts in FA, and nothing fixed.
2 picks in rd one last year, Jackson and Igbo.

It's not good. It is a horror show.

Whether people think Tua will develop or not I think based on what I think Flo wants offensively they gave him the right weapons with Fuller, Waddle, and Long.
It's my gut feeling that Tua was an ownership decision. Also their decision to play Tua early. Something that Grier and Flo had to go along with. In hindsight, I bet they would've picked Herbert.

In the NE game, when they panned to the ownership and Marino, they were so happy that Tua scored on that short run for a TD.

It's my gut feeling that Tua was an ownership decision. Also their decision to play Tua early. Something that Grier and Flo had to go along with. In hindsight, I bet they would've picked Herbert.

In the NE game, when they panned to the ownership and Marino, they were so happy that Tua scored on that short run for a TD.

Tua was not an ownership decision. Ross is hands off right now

Grier certainly isn't beyond reproach. Nobody is, so we can agree there.

You want to debate how good/bad he is? I'm game, but we have to start at some point of reference.

Give me your 3 top GMs, with at least 4 drafts directly attributed to their name.

Then we can break down their moves as well, giving us some comparisons to work with.

Judging in a vacuum, without context is dishonest, so let's see how those GMs did as far as hits, misses, cap management, draft asset aquisitions, etc.
I could certainly take the time to do that..and I probably will.

But your argument itself pretty much proves the point...he’s not so infallible that he’s free from scrutiny or criticism.

One day...if this team he puts together accomplishes anything of significance (I’d take a playoff win at this point)...then I will begin to think he deserves more latitude...I just haven’t seen enough magic in the picks yet to say that!

Back
Top Bottom